getting real fkin tired of mine stealing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DolanMolder, Aug 2, 2013.

1. DolanMolder

So as the good guy i was, i just tried to help my team by exterminating all enemies in a small room, so i played infiltrator, ran in there and threw down a mine, SUDDENLY! "lol noobtuber" friendly shoots one grenade launcher shot into the room, blowing up MY mine, whihc i payed recourses for, killed me, all the enemies there and got ALL of the fkin credit, this happened 3 fkin times!!! *fuuuu* please, if someone blows MY mine up, i want FULL credit of all the kills it makes. I know everyone here agrees!
    • Up x 6
  2. LordMondando

Welcome to space war.
    • Up x 1
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

Agreed 100%.

This should also apply for all C4 and AT mines as well. Cant tell you how many tank kills were robbed because MY c4 was detonated by a friendly rocket on the far side of a tank.

I have also given many an enemy a free will using my mines lol.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tommyp2006

I agree, whoever throws down the mine or C4 should get credit for the kill.
  5. Udnknome

I do this from time to time when I see enemies standing on their own mines. lol
    • Up x 1
  6. deggy

You should at least get the Critical Assist. I see it the most with C4, people lay C4 than some stray rocket detonates it.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ravenorth

I dont really get the logic behind that if someone shoots your explosive then it suddenly become´s his explosive? It shouldn´t be this way, you paid the price for them, went all the trouble on planting them, so you should get the kills and xp even if someone accidentally(or purposely) triggers them.
  8. gunfox

As a TR, I shed a tear when I read those words.

On the topic: Agreed, it's infuriating. It doesn't have to be a kill but at least SOME XP.
    • Up x 2
  9. theholeyone

Crit assist is all it needs to be.

The other side of it is when an enemie mines a doorway, then you notice, camp mine and wait for them to come out for a look, shoot mine, kill enemy. Why should this not get me a kill?

Or C4/mines on a sunderer, no good if they don't get blown up, the one who blows em up should get the kill since the enemy would have remained unkilled otherwise.

Crit assist is what it should be, nothing more.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jkar

So I suppose people also want the grief and weapon lock when you shoot the enemies mines under their feet / vehicles? ;)

But it certainly is very annoying, especially with C4 you placed on a vehicle and some random splash damage detonates it.
  11. KAHR-Alpha

I think the reasoning is that there's no guarantee said explosive would have killed anybody if they had been left alone. So the real cause of those deaths is assumed to be the guy who destroyed the explosives, and so he gets full credit for that.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cab00se187

I partially agree. For the C4 unless you are the one who did the most damage, rofl @ needing 3 c4, you won't get the kill anymore.
  13. Ganelon

As a TR stuck with the Claymore, I'm really tempted to just give you the middle finger and laugh in your face.
    • Up x 6
  14. NyaR

You didn't get a point? Too bad. Your team won, the enemy died - that's what matters.
  15. St0mpy

happens with tank mines too, im sure they watch me throw them down just so they can shoot them and get the kill themselves, last annoying one was putting 3 mines at an occupied turret to get the occupant out to gun him and the selfish prat watching me shot them as soon as the third mine was down, killing me as I was still in the zone yet he got no kill from destroying anyone since 3 isnt enough to fully blow it, all it does is make the gunner leave pdq - hopefully the gunner shot him but i didnt see, I was dead.
  16. Haruk

Wait, no I disagree. I've had all sorts of my deployables detonated by friendlies. I've done the same to others. It's not a big deal at all to me.

Re: Everything else in the quote.
    You were the one trying to be a steal killer. Pick better engagements and stop walking into rooms an under-barrel is suppressing.

3 times? Don't you learn from your mistakes?

This is you making bad choices, and the game mechanics are letting you know. Sorry.

And one take-away not mentioned.
    So, if I kill an enemy mine, and it kills another bad guy, or the mine layer, it's a teamkill for them and I get no points? That's an unintended consequence of what you're suggesting.
  17. HLM

Easy solution: Switch to TR - you'll never have to worry about your mines killing anyone ever again!
    • Up x 3
  18. DolanMolder

no, let's say we only "kill" enemies when our mines are shot, the grief points should go to the detonator to prevent abusing. and we need the kills, not a crit kill assist! we won't get the extra K/D and stuff you know. the detonator could get a normal assist of 20XP for helping detonating it but still not full credit. and if you happen to shoot an enemy mine it would get you kills, i'd understand that.
  19. DolanMolder

You are probably a guy who noobtubes/rocketlaunches everyone's mines and you don't want to get your "tactic" removed from the game, against all logics.
  20. Haruk

It's a good thing you snipped the quote, because my first line said this:
    o_O