Nanoweave armor as no place in a game like this ! Remoove or Make the shield recharge have a penalt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Jul 20, 2013.

1. SwordofCyric

And if tank A has certed 0.5 seconds faster reload spead and mister B needs 0.5 seconds more to reload, which one will have the edge in 1 vs 1 combat? And when you add more tanks to the equation, the differences become even bigger

There never is such a thing as consistency and predictability in combat
    • Up x 1
  2. ColdCheezePizza

Because of latency, if you always just shoot till their dead your going to waste bullets and that split second can mean life and death sometimes when your engaging multiple enemies at once where every headshot counts.

Go to the VR, pick a gun, spec it to your liking, place a marker on an enemies location and test how many bullets it takes to kill them from both the min and max damage ranges for your gun. Spend enough time in there until you pretty much know that gun intimately like it was your own penus, then take that gun out into the battlefield and everything you learned about TTK in there just goes out the window.

I know it sounds like first world infantry problems or whatever but thats just the top tier level they play at, im more casual and didnt even think of how sloppy Nano made things until they pointed this out. I guess in a way its more of nuisance to them then anything, but when your running with a 30 round AR or something, 2 bullet variance can mean the difference between winning a 1v3 or losing it sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  3. Posse

I'm a Nanoweave 5 user, but I'd actually agree with the removal of it, I only use it because it's the best option, period, it would be interesting to have to actually choose between suits.

(of course, if they remove it, I want all those certs back)
    • Up x 2
  4. simon11russell

You realise this sort of skill only balance could never be achieved in this game? Its designed with player customisation in mind and to be asymmetric and you are demanding perfect balance from this.

Remember compromises are struck all the time in this game one example is the guns to make each gun feel and handle in a unique way. Some trade accuracy for ROF some trade ranged damage for close quarters stopping power. Half the "skill" in this game is knowing how to make effective compromises to build a load out that suits you and the situation and the other half is knowing how to use what you built.

The problem with this is that Nanoweave providing extra health is to good in any situation. Thus limiting it to only bullet damage actually makes it an actual compromise as you loose all protection from explosive damage unlike now where you can just walk a mine or grenade off with enough Nanoweave that should be the domain of flack armour.

The only way that skill and talent could be made to be the only determining factor is if there was only one gun for everyone, no load out or customisation and for everyone to have the same character model as even the slightest variation would mean in game items or selections would affect a battles outcome.

You know Ubisoft tried to make a game like that called shoot mania it was suppose to be a perfectly balanced skill based game for MLG pros to play and well to a normal person its boring as ****.
  5. Stew360

vehicules mechanics are far more complex than infantry and armor can be repair while been shot unlike infantry , and with a tanks overall ttk their is no such thing as Huge advantages and their is way to much parametres in tanks combat such as mobility etc..etc.. thats come into this equation so your exemple is irrevelants

All infantry have the same moovements speed , infiltrator can be kill in one less shot than others infantry due to the cloak abilitys ,

but for the others 4 they all have the same amount of health speed and mobility , the ttk balance is fragiles and come with Miliseconds no seconds like MBT they all have the same speed , no speed buff or handleing buff etc..etc..

All infantry have to share the same ttk , its essential to have the weapons been balance properly

Forumers constantly rants about weapons been nerf , but did they realise that nanoweave itself nerf weapons damage and efficiency at no trade off cost ? it nerf a weapons of 200 damage like the gauss saw who normaly kill in 6 shot at max damage 1200 hitpoints I tought players as 500 armor and 500 shield but since the GS make 200 damage AS SOON AS YOU TOUCH THE 10 METRES RANGE ( below 10 metres ( 5 shot ) 200 damage and kill in 6 shot otherwise and then i should say that a infantry as roughly 1000 health , Gauss saw almost become a 156 damage weapons equivalent ( FAKE VALUE TO JUSTIFIED THE 8 HIT TO KILL ) and the rof remain the same, since nanoweave make the users become a 1250 hitpoint target take 7.25 hit to kill instead of 6 but their is no such thing as 0.25 hit so you ad 1 more hit to the equation , so it mean 8 hit to kill , and it increase at range even more
  6. Stew360

you missunderstand the words asymetrical balance , asymetrical balance is having lets say one factions been better with Cqc weapons another be better at medium range , and the other factions been better at long range

Thats is a exemple of asymetrical balance , if the combat take place in all 3 kind of environment equally

NW isnt part of any asymetrical balance at all ' its a plain and simple 250 hitpoint health bonus thats make a roughtly 1000 hitpoint players become a 1250 hitpoint player so instead of been kill in 6 he will be kill in 8 and so on ...

this isnt asymetrical this is pure , either Nerf of the weapons , or buff of the armor who result in weapons nerf , there is no down side at any range all class can use it for all range and all purposes , its a uber all around health buff thats broke the raw weapons balance and you cant balance this game properly with nanoweaves , since you cant buff the weapons to suits nanoweave , since the vanilla armor will be affected way to much

So everything as to be balance around vanilla armor and nanoweaves is exclude from the equation but become a real problem in game
  7. JOups

I dont see this TTK argument as you see it. As a HEAVY you are supposed to take even more btw.

Bet back to ttk, Sure, you want to know how many bullets you need, are how low is the time tkk. Sure, if you relay on it, it sucks if you need some shots more to kill. You expect things, thats ok, but things are always differnt then ppl thougt. (finacal crisis everyone)

A Game gets challenging by its unpredictablity. (if everyone uses it, then you can predict again)
    If people cert nanowave, they do it, to be secure against headshots or heay fire. I think thats ok. But I think as a sniper you should die if you get headshot by an otherone. A heavy should be able to survive a HS, if he certed into this.

Stew i dont want to say, that you dont have a clou about what you are saying, (220h as a heavy) but this argument is just lacking sense in my opinion. Heavys get extremly tuff with this ok, but they are supposed to be tuff, so do the otherclasses gaining nanoweave.

And not everyone using it, thats just untrue...

One thing i would take as ok is, that in wont buff health, but buff resistance, like flak did. but your arguments suck
  8. JOups

oh and why does it screw over balance? makes no sence too.
  9. simon11russell

Firstly you should have really read more than the first line of my post as you basically repeated what I said about why NW shouldn't give extra health.

Secondly of course its part of the asymmetrical balance. Asymmetrical balance goes deeper than just faction level design choices it is also the different choices the player makes in their load outs. In any fight I could have NW 4 and the guy I'm fighting could be running flack 5 that would be an asymmetrical fight no? and while now the guy with NW would win in a straight shoot out now if NW only gave bullet resistance not health simply throwing a grenade would counter it because that person has no protection from explosions while throwing a grenade at the flack guy would be ineffective.

It could be a fair and balanced trade off between protection from explosives or bullets. But then again I play LA and the buffed shield capacitors on the test server looks tasty because in hit and runs you either die or loose only a drop of health, or maybe adrenalin pump if I'm feeling crazy. This game is about choice and picking what choice is best for you and the situation and not always extra health.
    • Up x 1
  10. Stew360

NO , actually you have 1 grenade , and grenade are situational , you cant know if a guys is a nanoweave users or NOT so how are your going to magically know as soon as their is a nanoweave users and how you are going to get all these grenade to conter all the nanoweaves users you enconter ? IS bullets have ressources cost ? is bullet are limited to 1 -3 with a suits slot ?

Is grenade are reliable as firearms ?

NO , not at all your exemples is Really but really BAD , and if is thats whats you call a Asymetrical balance then we dont live in the same wold

TTK weapons versus weapons as to be fair and competitive , to ensure that your skills and practice win over inexperience and lack of skills , peoples have to train themself to get better not asking for unworthy health buff

I wouldnt mind if the NEW comers get like a 25 % health boost till they reach BR10 or something to help them to get in whiout been compleatly destroy

having bullets resistance on infantry or nanoweave equivalents simply make the ttk and weapons balance unfair , unlike flak armor , flak armor is Uber situational and it work for the most part agains OP stuff like MBT , Liberator , c4 splash damage . grenade splash damage and so on

those are much less frequent and are basically OP agains infantry ...

Infantry versus infantry combat as to be fair and symetrical , all empire as to have similar ttk and all classes as to be balanced well , nanoweave do not allow this balance to happen
  11. Posse

It doesn't screw over balance in the sense that everyone can use nanoweave (I think everyone should, it's clearly the best), but that's where the problem is, it's the only suit you can choose if you want to stay competitive, and it's not a problem of buffing the other suits. I'll go to the extreme just to illustrate my point, but imagine that flak armor made you invulnerable to explosions, I'd still use Nanoweave since it'd be more useful anyway.
  12. raw

I think the variance in TTK is fine. If heavies couldn't increase their TTK, it would be a pretty pointless class. Look at TF2 for example, another class based shooter with different health pools per class.

Also, I still go "WTF?" against Trac-5 users but then again, I always did.

Edit: Guy above me is right, the problem is that there is no downside to nanoweave, maybe it should lower mobility slightly (like heavy shield does). I would also like to see some option to wear less armor for increased mobility!
  13. Kevorkian

If this thread was created with a genuine desire for balance, then I might entertain the idea of a change to nanoweave. But it was started by someone who plays almost exclusively a C4 wielding combat medic when they aren't in a tank. They're disgruntled that their "jack of all trades" class is hard countered by a heavy using nanoweave and resist shield.
    • Up x 1
  14. simon11russell

Yes flack is hyper situational because you never see tanks, aircraft or harassers anywhere in this game. Oh wait there everywhere waiting to ruin your day should you go outside or even into the LOS there are so many situations where flack is useful. Hell the only place you can truly go an an entire fight without seeing them is in bio labs and even then flack is a good choice because of people like me who play LA and deliver nice little C4 presents and people use grenades more freely because people bunch up more in there.

So asymmetrical balance isn't the choices the player makes. you do know what asymmetric means right? it means not the same. So if two people have chosen DIFFERENT things then that must be asymmetrical! And its not like someone with NW5 cant be killed by someone without it. and here we come to the crux of your problem: Its harder (to hard for you) to kill someone with NW5.

As I said I play Light assault mainly and I can still kill a heavy who has his shield and some of them probably has nanoweave on too. Now my weapon is worse than his and I don't have a shield and most of the time I run flack too (because seriously **** mines). How could I possibly ever win with the odds so stacked against me? Well I take my advantages where I can, striking from above or behind when they are reloading or have their launcher out, if I cant do that aim for the head or maybe just run away. You see the classes are different (asymmetric) and balanced against each other and its not just in the raw numbers its about using the class to its potential and always preparing for the worst.

But I guess you just want to play the Red Coat standing in neat little lines around a doorway fighting a fair fight where everything is equal and I'll play the Zulus and C4 your *** from behind.
    • Up x 1
  15. ColdCheezePizza

Some of the posters that said Nano is just too good and should have a penalty for using might be on to something. Remember when SOE said they wanted to get rid of jack of all trait weapons that are just too good in all situations and balance them so that we would have more choices and selection instead of just being pigeonholed into one weapon. Believe this same game update they increased the equip time for guns using grip to give it a downside, well maybe the same thing needs to happen to nano, like slower movement/strafe, slightly bigger hitbox, slower shield recharge....
  16. Stew360

C4 for the medic class is primarely use agains Maxs suits up to 1 or 2 depending if they have flak or not , and few times agains tanks , just saying it seams thats you have not a really good experience with combat medic are you ?

never heard of someones using a C4 in a tanks ... migth be a new trick that iam not aware of ... i rather prefere to use my tanks main canon instead of a c4 while in a tanks just saying ...

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428019223836660129/weapons yep pretty much 1 % as a combat medic 1 h 26 minute lol
  17. Patrician

But it doesn't take a 6 year old child to work out the maths; everyone can use Nanoweave so nobody needs to have a disadvantage!!!
  18. Stew360

This is NOT a balance arguments at all ,

Its like saying that New SMG Nanites systhem weapons was Freaking OP and as more damage and more ROF and more accuracy than any others weapons

peoples complains about this OP weapons

You will reply HEY everyones as acess to it , perfectly balanced ;) ' rather than asking to fix it ? In order to maintain variety and choices ?

So in your ( wold ) everyones should equip the nanites systhem OP guns if their is one instead of balancing the weapons to be equivalent to the others weapons ? IS that the way you fix an imbalanced issue ? making op stuff available to everyones and remoove any variety from the game ?

Everyones should use nanoweave so that way its perfectly balanced ?

Like i said more and more you guys just convince me that the only solution to end this imbalanced crap is to remoove Nanoweave compleatly
  19. Patrician

This ^^
  20. biterwylie

Nano seems fine to me. It is a choice, anyone has the option to use it.