New C4 damage to tanks + Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haruk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Benton!

I should probably have read the whole thread first, I just assumed based on the things some people were posting you have been very insistent on a nerf. I actually agree with the drop pod suggestion.
  2. BigMacDeez

Ok, then the amount of training it takes to to safely employ c4 should be required by EVERYONE who uses it. It takes a bit more than slapping it on something and pushing a button.
  3. RX530SS

Are you saying that you can't see light assaults flying above or something? English please.
  4. Phrygen

to be fair to everyone flaming me, i posted the calvin and hobbes dance gif. It just seemed appropriate
    • Up x 1
  5. illgot

C4 is 100 resources each, and if you kill the user before they detonate, the C4 vanishes.

C4 costs 700 certs to unlock

C4 has a 3 second delay before it can be triggered.

Tanks by default have a 20 minute timer that can be reduced to 5 minutes (get your facts straight)

MBTs can have a second gunner, that's two people that should keep an eye out for infantry approaching.

Infantry render from 350-400 meters away.

Only 1 infantry unit can "fly", every other class has to run.

Vehicles have access to the Scout Radar, for MBTs that is 50 meters of knowing where every infantry and vehicle unit is located.

Vehicles can move considerably faster than any infantry (about 50 KPH).

I could go on if you want.

BTW, I've probably only lost a tank to C4 about 3 times my whole game life. Know why? I usually have a second gunner and never sit in one spot farming infantry.
    • Up x 2
  6. Benton!

Yeah I saw that one.
  7. jak

LAs, due to their very nature and their lack of squad based utility, are often forced to be lone wolves, so in essence, it's a punishment to *most* LAs. Also, it's typically not to your benefit to drop pod tanks as they tend to not be overwhelmingly stationary (most do a form of rock back and forth in case someone's trying to dumbfire them). It's usually better to flank them using cover while they have the blinders on trying to spam their target. Much more reliable and typically a way smaller signature than drop podding into the middle of the enemy line.

It's not going to be an insurmountable change for us to adapt to, but there are many of us that argued for common ground that would benefit both sides. Instead, they're choosing the easy route that punishes one side. Hence, why some people are upset.
  8. FendleyFire

Time to cert HE everyone, devs are ploughing the fields and planting the seeds ready for the harvest next GU. Let's get our farm on.
  9. RX530SS

Infiltrator has a clock, sensor darts, AP mines and has the ability to hack things. Light assault has the ability to fly with a terrible cof and c4 tanks.
  10. Van Dax

I see two arguments on forumside very often, they directly contradict each other.

If you were C4'd you're a *******, you shouldn't stay still in a tank.

You moron only magriders can move and shoot. MY tank needs to stop and fire.

Who's right?
  11. Slywether

How is being taken to crit hp not a substantial immediate threat? It is because there are other players around than you and the tank.

Buh,,,buh,,,but.....I can't c4 fairy to wildly profane success.....whu....wha....whaaaaaaaa.
    • Up x 2
  12. TheBillOf3D

I'm not adding any tips or advice since I play both rolls.
  13. Van Dax

Hey uh just thought I'd throw this out here:
    They just spent months making esamir nigh impervious to tanks, if those changes work well expect them to do the same every where else. Losing the insta-gib c4 is a pittance in comparison.
  14. Bape

YES now they just need to make it 200 infantry resources while their add it :p.
  15. Kumaro

I never understood the whole C4 insta gibbs tank thing. Where did the idea even come from? since it doesn't work in real life....
    Also LA is a good flanker and wall rusher not to mention how useful they are for ambushes. Saying that an LA is only good for air bombing C4 on tanks is BS all the way.

Use the class for what it was meant for. Light assault. Speed agility and getting to places others can't reach.
    I only use C4 to ambush people in buildings anyways.
    Lets just hope the LA can get some other interesting tools later on. (It do need some more stuff to use)

PS how many here uses Flashbangs? cause they rock XD
    • Up x 1
  16. LivesInNameOnly

******** change
  17. MilitiaMan

So C4 costs 700 eeh? So since you brought up this claim I can go on to say that 700 certs one shots something that is well over 2000 certs?

C4 has a 3 second delay, I have a base 2.5second reload time on HEAT and AP and 3 second on HE.

5mins > instant

MBTs can have a second gunner? So now you are arguing teamplay? Doesn't the LA have the ability to use other infantry as a distraction?

Scout Radar, so I would give up Magburner, lockdown, Shield for something that is unreliable? Tanks automatically show up on radar.

Infantry can get into places vehicles cant.

I failed to see any point made.

They are moving away from instantgib weapons, enjoy the nerf tanks got a long time ago.
    • Up x 1
  18. deggy

C4 has the lowest kills/hour of all the AV weapons in the game... RIGHT. Let's check that, shall we?

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/rocket_launcher/all/per-hour is the stats page for HA rocket launchers. The highest one is the Decimator, with 13.061 Vehicle Kills per hour.

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/explosive/all/per-hour is the stats page for explosives. C4 comes in at 24.866 vehicle kills per hour. Almost, but not quite, double.

But the best way to kill a tank is with a tank, right? So let's look at those.

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/prowler/all/per-hour - Prowler
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/vanguard/all/per-hour - Vanguard
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/magrider/all/per-hour - Magrider

Those three pages show that the AP guns do, in fact, get the most vehicle kills (with the exception of the Saron), which is how things are supposed to work. But they also show that the best-performing main gun, the Titan-150 AP, gets 11.875 vehicle kills per hour.

So let's reiterate.
    NS Decimator - 13.061 vehicle kills per hour
    Titan-150 AP - 11.875 vehicle kills per hour
    C4 - 24.866 vehicle kills per hour

Now, let's take it a step further. Let's assume all tanks are 2/2, perfect anti-armor builds. So we'll combine the numbers from the highest primaries with the numbers from the highest secondaries, since both guns are performing.

Vanguard - Titan-150 AP + Enforcer ML85 = 20 vehicle kills per hour (rounded up a bit)
    Magrider - Saron HRB + Supernova FPC = 21.25 vehicle kills per hour (rounded down a little)
    Prowler - P2-120 AP + E540 Halberd = 19 vehicle kills per hour (rounded up a tad)

All of the rounding that I did in the above was by less than 0.2 kills, I just didn't feel like adding decimals.

That's a 2/2 main battle tank we're talking about there. Two people, 450 resources, a tech plant, and a cooldown. And C4 is still better at killing tanks.

C4 is definitely the worst-performing AV weapon in the game. [/sarcasm]
    • Up x 5
  19. vincent-

You missed the word combat game, try again with more effort. :)
  20. KenDelta

Engineers can carry 3 , they're the only class able to do so. 2 levels in C4 and a utility pouch.