Esamir Hex

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Tradewind

Now the screenshot with populations plz.
  2. Flashtirade

Odd. I wonder why it happens, but I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets this.
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

On the Test Server, before the Indar lattice went live, Esamir and Amerish had the same lattice in your screenshots. You could turn off the "Facility Connections" map filter while looking at these two continents, just like you could on Indar. Once the update with the Indar lattice hit the live servers, the facility connections on Esamir and Amerish were "disabled" with no way of turning them back on.

A couple updates ago a bug was introduced that frequently displays the facility connections on Esamir and Amerish, but only if you look at those continents while you're on Indar.
  4. AtheistPeace

I can't remember the pop exactly but we were out numbered in most of the alert (With the exception of the 4th faction near the end) so this goes to show why we need the lattice, you can ghost cap soo much territory in so little time
  5. Excretus Maximus

?
  6. AtheistPeace

4th faction is when people jump to another empire that is winning an alert and when the alert is over they get certs for being in the winning faction.
  7. Cab00se187

Because sir, when people post nonsense whining on the forums about how they can't play by "themselves" or with a buddy in a game that was toted as "Large Scale Combat", it just sounds stupid to even argue it.
  8. LynxFury

And we all don't have the same definition of "large scale combat." Map size and many players--that's great. It shouldn't necessarily mean ultra high concentrations (aka lag fest) at the expense of vast non-uses for the rest of the map.
    • Up x 3
  9. Kristan

Oh hey! Nice work for ATV ghostcappers!

Oh wait, you think that people will sit on every hex catching ghostcappers? In your dreams yes.

Hex system is terrible. Bring the lattice.
    • Up x 5
  10. NC_agent00kevin

When I play on Esamir and Amerish, I still have fun being strategic and fighting smaller battles that escalate when they cant beat 4 guys with 12. When Im on Indar, we just go around getting certs. I dont care about the big picture because there is no strategy. It all boils down to who can throw more tanks and aircraft and meat chunks down a lattice line.

I liked being able to send a squad out to cap a base adjacent to the battle. It was a fine strategy to support your attack and/or defense. It forced the enemy to react. It forced them to think. Its not about backcapping or avoiding a fight, its about keeping your enemy guessing. To do this with the Lettuce system would require a level of coordination with all of the outfits in your faction that is rarely seen. It let us cut off precious resources when someone decided to drill bit attack their way in a straight line and overextend. I hated backcappers, but I greatly enjoyed hopping in an ESF and hunting down that lone Infiltrator. I enjoyed being able to break a squad off and go fight another squad on a more personal level - a level that the utter randomness of 128 vs 128 does not achieve.

The Lattice is a band aid for those who want Zergplay. Unfotunately, its here to stay.
    • Up x 6
  11. Kristan

This game was created for zergplay. Deal with it.

Utopia. Hex system got abused because of it's flaws, serious flaws. You want enemy to react? Okay, I tried to defend half-empty hexes, just to find out that while I did this there is other 3 hexes being ghotscapped. Of course people will disappoint in hex defending and would prefer to stay at crowded fights, like Crown.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

It was 33/33/33. I'm sorry that my clipboard only holds one screenshot, otherwise I would have grabbed two. This was during primetime Waterson.
  13. Excretus Maximus

I see. Thanks.
  14. Alarox

In that case, it means you're basically maximizing cert gains for characters you like to play instead of just getting more on the one you probably have certed out. There's really nothing wrong with that since the outcome is already decided, people just like to be angry and hateful, and always need a new concept to direct said anger against.

4th factioning is one of those things.
  15. Excretus Maximus

Says you. Not everyone agrees with you.

Deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kristan

It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. The fact is...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Cleaver

You gotta tell me which server you're on if all day every day, every lattice connection has a zerg on the other end. Because when I log on to Ceres, I just head over to the one fight that's happening and stay there until it ends.
  18. Phyr

It's hard to compare Esamir to Indar because there are so few bases on Esamir to begin with. You have less choice in where to go, and winning/losing a base is a large chunk of land.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dingus148

Incorrect. 4th Faction is someone who joins a faction because they have either perceived or legitimate advantages. See Magrider, Prowler, HackMAX, ZOE. Although this can simply be because they're the biggest faction and the 4th Factioneers like to have an easy game

5th Faction are those who refuse to move from the north gate of Indar

The people who jump at the end of alerts are just Alert Jumpers. Perhaps they could be the 6th Faction?
    • Up x 3
  20. bodmans

explain to me, and dont take your own opinion. try looking through the devs eyes at the very beginning of the game

this is steam users playing other games due to steam sale, dont use false arguments.

i like this game too much atm to quit for something as lettuce.

and people, if you dont like the ghostcappers, why dont you go and kick their ***** back to the warpgate? trust me, if you keep showing up when they try to ghost somewhere, they will leave(that is when you can kill them).