To Matherson VS and Waterson TR: is it fun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coffee Hound, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Negator

The delusional one is back i see. So which toon in DA is yours?
  2. Werewood

Funny on Matt ... VS is usually losing on Indar. I don't play on the other worlds, but on Indar TR and NC rule. And Indar is where the big fights happen in prime time.
  3. Kendricklamar619

I'm from the 1st Terran Rangers on Matherson. Although I have seen are names mentioned on this thread, we are not well known. The population issue has caused a lot of frustration and has been terrible for recruiting. Our outfit has has only shrank in the recent months because people just do not enjoy the game due to the VS hoarde, I will give the VS props its a well organized hoarde. Also I will say this my outfit has become 100X more skillful over these last few months, we find our selves developing extremely unconventional tactics to get the job done. Whether it be a squad of light assaults jumping from a hill to take an objective. or a just a squad of us wrecking 25 Vangaurds at Quartz ridge camp. Let the VS have the population we are only getting better.
  4. commandoFi

So Mattherson VS rolled their full force zerg into Peris Amp Station. With a little work, every explosive device known to the TR, and one Lightning, I got this:

[IMG]
    That's a cert every 8 seconds. I could have probably done even better. Conclusion: fighting the overpop zerg (40+% on Indar alone) has its occasional upsides, the rest of the time its really lame.
  5. Herby20

I miss the times when you guys were still one of the bigger and more active outfits over on Soltech. Actually, I miss Soltech in general.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phrygen

A certain VS asked me to post about mattherson pop imbalance.

Currently:
    53% VS
    19% TR pop

Edit: TR went up to 22% after the alert
  7. notyourbuddy

Mattherson's legacy has been forever tarnished by the Vanu spandex kiddies. It will never regain its once legendary status.

TR/NC should just stop logging in and let the server die already. Its suffered long enough.
    • Up x 2
  8. Vanudrax

Keep telling yourself numbers is the only reason you finish last in every alert, or the reason the NC who has similar numbers is the solid 2nd place faction on the server. How is it the NC can compete and even go toe to toe with the VS and the TR can't? I have tons of respect for the NC (you freedom lovers put up a heck of a fight and never back down). TR.........no. Aside for BWC and a couple small outfits, fighting you guys is just........sad........
  9. zaspacer

No.

I have 3 characters of each faction on both Connery and Mattherson. I used to switch back and forth playing on each server, now I just play on Connery.

I still log into my Mattherson characters for passive Cert gain or Alert Certs.
  10. Gbank

LOL Koopani! I cant play ALL the time!

I think four hour spurts is enough,
  11. Vanudrax

Currently, as in when you posted at 3:41am on a Monday morning. Yeah, great time to mention server populations.
  12. Gbank

but it shouldn't be that bad!

People play at those times of day!

It is like people forget about this game after primetime hours.
    • Up x 1
  13. Negator

I don't think you understand the concept of '4th faction'
  14. Phrygen

at what specific times do population balance matter?
  15. SlyHix

There are many times where the TR are out popped on Jagerson. For some reason though the TR seem to rule all in the mornings and it is not fun at all since there really is nothing to fight. Best part about having a higher pop for a good chunk of the day is you can completely ignore the VS who are no fun to fight against and push the NC. Reason why is that both factions will almost exclusively attack the TR and ignore their other fronts. This becomes a problem during peak hours when pops are leaning more towards NC or VS and the TR are gated on every continent.
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

Yeah, I don't get that. "It's not prime time, so it doesn't count." What?
  17. GSZenith

no playing tr @ miller and watching spawn rooms with your skillharasser with marauder isn't fun, but neither is being nc/vs and standing inside the spawn room.
    although gives alot of time to play forumside instead.
  18. 660/12

^
    ^
    ^
    Wow.

This is why the pop. balance is so screwed.

The resource system COULD be a tool for balancing factions, but now, it only compounds the problem.

Higher pop. factions consumer resources at a higher rate (demand, from ECON 101) but since resources are infinite, we don't see the consequences of this - which would be scarcer resources for higher populations. That would be both fair and realistic. It would also help balance out the factions. At the moment, the resource system presents yet another barrier to even populations.
  19. Vanudrax

Mattherson is a US based East Coast server. Peak hours as most of us can agree are from 5/6 pm to around 11pm/midnight. Now I play at all hours of the day, depending on what hours I am working on a particular day. I see pops pick up around 6am-10am. Guessing that's people who log in and play before work. Pop seems to drop off a bit again until around 3-4pm, at which point it steadily grows until primetime. Somewhere between 1-2 am it takes a large dip. Now I know both east and west coast users play on the server. I also know that Europeans and people from Asia play, and that their hours are a bit different.

During peak we might have 2000+ players on the server, at 3am we don't. I've played more than a few times at 3am, and it's a struggle to find a decent fight. Most are 2, maybe 3 squads per faction. Or everyone packs into one hex for a fun little free for all. Finding a fight outside that is fairly tough. 2000 players at peak, and the factions are usually much more evenly balanced. 3am, with100-200-300 players on the server, it's a different situation.

My point is there aren't many people playing at those times, so adding even a few players can radically alter the faction populations. If there are 10 VS and 2 TR on Amerish, then the VS has 80% pop advantage. Instead of faction population percentages, I wish the game would show exactly how many players were on the server, on what continent, and in each battle. I remember going to Amerish one night (months ago) and seeing TR having 100% of the pop on the cont. I went there and it changed to TR 50% and VS 50%. Percentages don't give nearly enough information on whats really going on. You might see the VS with 70% server pop, but maybe there are only 100 players online at that time. Again I know pop imbalance sucks. Personally I wish it was 33/33/33 most or all of the time, but it never will be.
  20. Rown

No. I very much prefer when we were the underplayed faction in Mattherson. We were zerged, but won the fair fights, which were fun. Now we're zerging (boring) or avoiding fair fights because we lose them (frustrating). I'll connect again when transfer tokens are available, beause the thought of starting again and grinding all those certs make me nauseous.
    • Up x 1