Congratulations Higby!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drealgrin, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Drealgrin

an entire page without one thread devoted to ZOE complaining! You found that sweet spot. well done.
    • Up x 5
  2. Garbageman

No more MAXes, no ZOE, QED.
    • Up x 2
  3. TheRealMetalstorm

Because maxes cost 350 resources now.
    Nobody can bother pulling maxes.
    No more spammed ZOEs.

But is it a solution?
    No.

ZOE is intrinsically OP'd compared to aegis or lockdown.
    resource costs as currently in the live game are by no means making resources "matter" in a fight. they just make resources more annoying.

****'s going downhill because there's no competition.
    I can't wait for another MMOFPS to come out.
    • Up x 5
  4. HadesR

It's bad when the sweet spot includes people not being able to afford to pull them :p
    • Up x 2
  5. Bill Hicks

still op
    • Up x 6
  6. FIN Faravid

While i also hope more MMOFPS games come out, Planetside 2 will remain my favourite.
  7. Caserion

Yet, this thread is slowly starting to become a ZOE compain thread...

Good job Drealgrin, now you made Higby sad.
    • Up x 5
  8. EliteEskimo

No one complains about Fracture Maxes because very few people pull Maxes

No one complains about ZOE Maxes because very few people pull Maxes

No one complains about lock down or Aegis shield being too situational because very few people pull maxes.

Not many complain about the Burster Max nerf because very few pull Maxes.

= Sweet spot? :eek::p:eek:
    • Up x 8
  9. Phrygen

N
    No its not.

Lockdown is useless and aegis is situational. That doesn't make ZOE OP
    • Up x 5
  10. r1stormrider

ZOE is a straight up upgrade. Can be used for any situation. Lockdown and Aegis are both situational. Whats that say about it? You increase the dmg output and speed. ZOE can outrun an infantry while beating him to death then proceed to gun down a room of infantry. Its OP, but in some ways its made out to be as such because ppl dont even try blowing them up. So it is perceived as god mode.
    • Up x 2
  11. Garbageman

I liked playing MAXes of all factions before the faction-specific special features were added on. I mostly played VS. I wasn't bothered about the ZOE enough to even try it at first, but eventually I did. The main thing I liked was being able to run faster outside to get back into the fight quicker. Yes, after I actually looked at it, it seemed to me that ZOE was significantly cooler than what the other two factions got, and it seemed somewhat unfair. However, I was surprised at the level of complaints about it being OP. I won't dispute them, never having been on the wrong end of a fight against one. As a lone wolf though, I got them shot out from under me so many times when I first tried to use ZOE during fights that I went back to just using kinetic armor when going up against infantry. So, Sony took something that was more or less OK, made it OP when nobody was asking for any special abilities, and then basically priced them out of the game to deal with the complaints about OP which they had just caused. Great.
  12. Geneaux

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. WaiZen

Current ForumSide hot topics :

- C4
    - Harasser
    - Nexus
    - TR

Anything else?
  14. Phrygen

Yes im serious. ZOE was nerfed and its no longer overpowered as far as im concerned. Its better to improve the other factions utility options at this point.

Crying about ZOE is TR and NC being biased and whiney at this point as far as im concerned.
    • Up x 1
  15. Geneaux

Yes, that nerf totally did a lot...
  16. Phrygen

Correct, it totally did do a lot, combined with burster nerfs and higher max resource costs
  17. Zenith

Vehicle costs are also insanely high, and guess what... people still pull a ton of them. If you can't gain those resources back whilst using a MAX, then you obviously don't need to be using one, it's as simple as that.
  18. Drealgrin

not in a situation where there are more than 1 person in the room.

zoe mode activated you've got as much effective HP as maybe 2 and a half players. You get torn apart.
  19. Geneaux

ZOE MAX takes on small arms fire by about 3-5 infantry plus a decimator rocket and remains standing. No.
    NC and TR might as well have infinite nanite mesh generator for heavys if its considered balanced if ZOE is infinite.
  20. Drealgrin

ZOE max is basically just a giant glowing travel mode now, if you use it in battle vs more than 1 person you're gonna get destroyed.