Mattherson went full ******

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GlowingPotato, Jun 27, 2013.

1. CrimsonDaemon

I am happy to see that an underpopped TR can still hold their own against such bad odds. With the NC constantly attacking down the west coast and almost downright refusing to engage the Vanu, and with the Vanu going all out on every base they are connected to, it makes it hard to keep moral up. I think a lot of TR players feel worn down by having to fight so hard.
  2. Phrygen

we didn't hold our own tonight. After 11p.m. we got smashed as pops dropped and resources dried up
  3. CrimsonDaemon

Tonight was a mess. When I got off, I was out of resources and bourbon and we only held Allatum and a few satellites around our warpgate. The one thing I have to say though, we did a decent enough job winning the Indar alert today, after that things went down hill.
  4. Drealgrin

You just like to argue don't you!

Don't worry mate, this too shall pass.
  5. CrashB111

You sir are the perfect example of Vanu Logic with this post.

"None if this is our fault guys, it is really just yours because you are bad leaders. Let me speak to you as condescendingly as possible while claiming Vanu is master race."
    • Up x 1
  6. Phrygen

yea man, for that small window when a continent is filled by all three factions, things are pretty even on mattherson. After that it just gradually becomes unplayable.
  7. Holomang

The only outfit on VS capable of putting up any actual resistance without a zerg behind them is DA.

The rest would only get farmed by their own faction. Mattherson VS has always been about quantity over quality.
  8. Negator

Why you would claim the color of my avatar affects affects how i make decisions, i don't know.

This isn't condescension. Feel free to prove me wrong. How this be VS fault anyways?
  9. Rown

Playing in Mattherson is painfully boring, and I'm speaking as VS. Transfer tokes ASAP, SOE!
  10. DramaticExit

So... I'm an EU player looking to make an alt on a US server... If I were to make a character on Mattherson, would TR be the best bet? Now that BCP isn't there, I might be able to play TR without wanting to vomit every nine seconds.

Maybe if a bunch of the Vanu players there made TR alts and played those whenever the TR looked massively outnumbered, it might make the game a little more fun... who knows. The way to deal with population imbalance is in the hands of the players and the outfits. If it feels like you're wining too easily, go and even the odds.

Be the 5th faction - The equalisers. The people who always go and fight for the losing side.
  11. EnviousCipher

I'm Aussie, i was introduced to PS2 by an American friend, so we played on Soltech, which was merged to Mattherson, which is now suffering VS overpop at the times our game time intersects. He has now almost quit playing which makes me sad, so i'm on Briggs now.

I'd like to keep playing Mattherson, but so long as its keeping one of my best friends off the game, i'm not gonna keep pointlessly wasting time on that character.

To be perfectly blunt, if you weren't TE or didn't have command chat, you hardly ran into him. The reactions to his streams gave him a bigger profile than what the average player in game actually experiences.
  12. exLupo

Yea, about 60-80 from the ops platoons alone. Then you had X number of other members who weren't on ops. Cl1m's about spot on, tho. TE's leadership left and some players went but that doesn't mean everyone quit.

Re the topic: Dev never lifted a finger to fix this problem with PS1. I've got little hope for PS2.

We need a few things:
    1) 1 empire per server. Offer full cert refunds (and smedbu-to-cert conversion) for characters chosen to be removed. Let these certs be applied to one character on any server.
    2) Login caps. Continent locks exist, I don't see a problem extending them to global pop. Max 45% on a side, members queue first.
    3) Overpop disincentives. With the previous two options in place, a small (max 10%) hp/damage/xp/resource negative, starting at 35% (server level only) for the overpopped team. It'll help the mechanical balance (lore: The Nanite mesh is over stressed) a little but, mostly, it'll provide a psychological sting to help ease the transition away from overpopped teams. 4th empire only cares about winning and reducing their power means more than anything else.

This all sucks for empire loyalists but it's obvious that low-pop incentives don't work. They're nice for the low pop team but don't encourage team changes. Why? Because if you change teams, you erase the bonus. Also, the winning team gets so much more xp that it doesn't matter. As many MMO gamers play different skinned versions of ProgressQuest, watching the bar increment is all that matters.

Bonus: We need to be able to administer electric shocks to overpop team players who trash talk during wins. Trash with no class need to be made to suffer.
  13. malden

They need to implement harsh population control with world and continent level modifiers. Negative modifiers mind you, enough with this carrot **** it time to take out the sticks.

70% pop advantage? Thats 10% XP for you
    70% pop advantage and playing on a continent where you have 10% pop? Well you can have 50% XP

World level negative plus continent level negative and positive together I think would help the problem. The high BRs and people who want to play the faction stay. 4th faction and new players go where they are needed. Elsewhere.

BTW: People need to stop yelling nerf every faction overpops one server or another, If they used raw population data most people wont like the outcome.
  14. Negator

yeah, those 12 guys certainly run the server :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  15. TeknoBug

Up until about 4 weeks ago ago, no VS Mattherson didn't roll with quantity.
    Haha not always, if you didn't have any ties with TE when attacking the same facility they were, they were sometimes more problems than help to you and your squad/platoon.
  16. Negator

I see you tracked and played with all meaningful outfits and monitored the goings on of every one of the 1000 VS players online at any given time. I'm highly interested to hear how you managed this.

I'm also curious to see what happened 4 weeks ago that caused such a major shift in VS tactics.
  17. Holomang

Other VS outfits are simply beneath notice, they all fight the same - poorly on foot, and only really effective with 65%+ pop advantage
  18. footjam

0/10
  19. Fish225

I ended up dropping a BR 40 VS on Mattherson, who I spent well over $100 on, and moving to Connery NC. Sure, it's nice farming certs with no effort. But it's also mind-numbingly boring. I suppose I could make a new VS character on a better balanced server, but I figured if I was starting at BR1, I wanted to try a new faction. :)
  20. Negator

...as he sidesteps pertinent questions with an even more outrageous answer lol. what a guy, this one.