MBT vs C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BengalTiger, Jun 20, 2013.

1. gigastar

Even if one takes care for such things, and certs out proximity radar, they still have to get lucky every time.

A LA with C4 only needs to get lucky once.
    • Up x 5
  2. Goden

Proximity radar does actually legitimately help with this. I don't have it on my Mag but i have it on my Lightning. It's already saved my *** a few times.

Problem is you have to watch your minimap every so often. But hey - if you don't watch it then that is just driver error.
    • Up x 1
  3. Copasetic

What makes you think it was C4's resource cost that kept it balanced against vehicles? Surely it costs less because I can't drive it, it doesn't have a big cannon attached to it, it doesn't protect me from small arms fire, I can't repair it, I can't revive it, it has an effective range of about 2m and takes 4-5 seconds to use.
    • Up x 8
  4. Sock

Do something besides lockdown and tunnel vision the spawn room with HE shells. When you get C4'd you have no one to blame but yourself. I've been instagibbed plenty of times in a mag/lightning, and every single time it was because I was gleefully spamming away at a footzerg while one competent LA/heavy went around and caught me with my pants down. Every tank in this game is more mobile than any infantry. No excuses.
    • Up x 6
  5. Hoki

How about no.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mythicrose12

I hate to divulge my LA bombing secrets, but MBT players please pay attention to scenarios/reasons you got C-4 placed on you.

1. You dove in to "urban" areas or surrounding loaded with hills, trenches, etc that can conceal infantry.
    2. You and your buddies are camping one spot. I spawn at a different place, casually trot to your camp, and place my C-4.
    3. You don't proximity radar equipped (or near a scout radar equipped flash/esf) and generally doing what's highlighted in points 1 and 2.
    4. You spot me, hop out of your tank, and engage me in an infantry fight. (Scenario only occurs once in a blue moon as most stay in the tank).
    5. You spot me and forget that reverse is a legimate counter. JJ don't most fast and have a short fuel life. Drifters may keep me afloat longer, but reversing is still faster.
    6. You didn't realize I rigged my stealth (not wraith module) flash was rigged to suicide collide with your tank. Granted you like weren't looking in my direction to begin with. Side note, it's fun to plant two C-4 to a flash, resupply, find two tanks shelling a spawn, blow one with the flash, destroy a second with the "resupplied" C-4.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBillOf3D

Hard to find a gunner that doesn't get bored at only getting to shoot the occasional infantry and manages to look up from time to time. They don't even need to appear on the minimap before you are instagibbed by lolC4.
    • Up x 2
  8. xGreedFuSioN

BALANCE > REALISM.
  9. Goden

Put some certs into prox radar.

Seriously. It does actually help.
  10. BengalTiger

I didn't even unlock the HE gun variant for the Vanguard or Lightning. :p

Using the Vanguard I have 2718 kills and 2572 vehicles destroyed, it's pretty hard to achieve that when blasting away at a spawn building.

Main cause of recent deaths?
    Enemy tank guns, Daltons, Zephers, hand held bazookas, AV missile and gun turrets and rocket pods didn't even make it up to the pie chart on my character's page:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010917255155361/killboard/?view=timeline&filter=deaths

Anyways, the topic is not about avoiding C4, it's about the shift in the balance between investment and return (or over here- enemy loss of resources) which happened due to vehicles and MAXes getting much more expensive, while C4's killing power and price remained constant.
    • Up x 3
  11. TheBillOf3D

You can get around that. I blow up tanks too.
    • Up x 3
  12. Shinrah

Oh, another "I have 0 situational awareness, so please nerf anything that punishes me for that" thread....
    Seriously? Everytime I die to C4 in my tank its because => I <= screwed up, not because C4 is op. A vigiliant gunner, radar, or simply not staying in one spot for extended periods of time saves you from 9/10 C4 death.

But sure, hand out more crutches for people not willing to adapt and improve. And that whole realism BS going on here? If we´d follow that line of argumentation AIR would dominate any ground VHC with ease, infantry would die by the dozen from a _single_ HE shell, Rocketlaunchers and Grenades would shred infantry just aswell and the whine on these boards would let any DDOS attack pale in comparrison.
    • Up x 9
  13. Goden

Well then if you're getting c4d and won't invest in any solutions then that is your problem.

I have prox on my Lightning and while I still get blown up sometimes, it has substantially reduced the amount that I have gotten C4d.
    • Up x 1
  14. LT_Latency

Drive away, All tanks come equipped with it.

If there are places a LA can fly over close buy you should be watching it like a hawk every time you get close to it
    • Up x 1
  15. TheBillOf3D

I'm not arguing for a nerf. I destroy tanks this way as well. But the challenge is well sided against the tank driver, not the C4 user. And they nerfed splash damage on some of the secondaries so now your secondary gunner better be a good sniper if not using a dedicated AI weapon.
    • Up x 3
  16. TheBillOf3D

No your not listening. I'm not saying I want a nerf but lets not pretend C4ing a tank takes much skill. It's more satisfying to catch a C4 attempt than to use the C4. I could direct all my attention to them but that's not the only danger to contend with.
  17. Revel

No, no it doesn't. Other vehicles get defense slot options that reduce damage against C4, but MBTs don't. MBTs need the same option.
    • Up x 1
  18. Copasetic

The prices for rocket launchers, the AV MANA turret, AT mines and the ES AV weapons also remained constant, shall we make those more expensive too?
  19. BengalTiger

Neither of those is an instant killing weapon with no counterplay involved when they get used.

However I've seen topics about adding a deployment cost for MANA turrets, or even ammo costs for bazookas/tank shells/airplane weapon ammo.
    • Up x 2
  20. WolfA4

Caliber and mm are two different measuring systems, it's either one or the other. It's like saying someone is 5'6'' mm tall.