MBT vs C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BengalTiger, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BengalTiger

Now that tanks cost a lot while C4 is at its previous price, the balance is disturbed.

How about setting C4 damage to merely ignite a tank when 2 explode on it, instead of out right blowing it up instantly?
    • Up x 43
  2. Metalsheep

That Abrams was like "LOLNOPE". I always wandered why modern games make C4 effective against tanks. The reactive armor on a tank just laughs off non-shaped explosives.

That was even on the bottom of the tank, where the armor is pretty thin compared to the front/sides/rear.
    • Up x 35
  3. NinjaTurtle

I want to nerf your signature
    • Up x 28
  4. WaiZen

How about you learn to NOT just camp a place and get a gunner so you can actually evade the C4?
    • Up x 20
  5. Metalsheep

It's still more effective than the MCG.
    • Up x 3
  6. ZangooseSlash

it made me cringe.
    • Up x 7
  7. Phrygen

yea, something has to change.
    • Up x 6
  8. Juni

Nukes are heavy for Light Assaults to carry around, they had to do something =P

Anyway, I do agree that it makes no sence for C4 to have any effect on a tank... It is a freaking tank! Even the Marauder Transport vehicle just laughs off C4.
    In my opinion, C4 should not effect anything with heavy armor, that includes: Sunderer, MBT, Lightning, Liberator and Galaxy.
    Harsh I know, but C4 is to effective.
    • Up x 8
  9. NinjaTurtle

C4 should still remain as effective against infantry but needs to be slightly nerfed against the MBT.

The respective costs are not balanced. I am not suggesting C4 cost more that would be horrible, just a buff in MBT armor
    • Up x 9
  10. LT_Latency

You can just drive away.

If you let infantry run over to you tank and drop 2 c4 on it. You blew it so you die.

You should be thinking about where a c4 player might come from and so should your army. If a enemy runs up to your tank for 3 seconds you go BOOM!!
    • Up x 10
  11. BengalTiger

In fact it was me and a second tank overrunning the infantry, and not the other way around. :p

Anyways, this:
    [IMG]

Does a lot more damage than something similar to this*, flying at a high velocity:
    [IMG]

Which doesn't really work good with suspension of disbelief, especially when the balancing element of expendable tanks is partially removed.

*-It's a 155 mm caliber artillery shell, the Vanguard has a 150 mm caliber main gun.
    • Up x 18
  12. Gedd

• Up x 6
  13. XRIST0

I have to agree , c4 should do 80% damage or something along those lines .

Instantly destroying tanks is getting old , also now with increased resource costs its just plain and simple no fun :rolleyes:
    • Up x 6
  14. KlyptoK

What bothers me is that a lightly armored car in this game can survive 2 bricks of C4 directly on it's frame but a tank cannot.

What idiot would use anything but the Vanguard Shield in the utility slot?

I only use Proximity if I'm on a cliffside 500+ meteres away from my target engagement zone and keep the minimap in expanded mode. I can't even effectively do that now since re-pulling the tank just to change the loadout back will cost too much.
    • Up x 6
  15. BengalTiger

That same armored car has the ability to survive 3 AP rounds from the V and keep going, thus having the frontal armor of a stock Lightning on all sides.
    The engy in the rear seat can fix it along the way, another bonus to survivibility.

Back to topic:
    It's nearly impossible to overrun an enemy position without using the shield at one point or another, so the radar is out.

The Flash is an idea though, but it's 1/3 of a Lightning now, so it's a bit expensive to just spawn it and park it unless someone's not a vehicle user.
    • Up x 3
  16. Zamanoy

This thread is ridiculous, someone goes through the trouble of sneaking up on a tanker who does not pay attention and spends infantry resources to take them down when the tanker has more firepower than the guy or can simply reverse or accelerate away from him.

I am normally an AP tanker, and when people run at my tank with C4 out, I just hop out and spray them down infantry to infantry.
    • Up x 14
  17. huller

The difference being that one is a primitive artillery shell and the other is a high tech explosive from the year 3000 assembled by nanobots with unknown properties.

Anyway, untill a tank driver can't just whip out his lolrepairtool and repair all the dammage in seconds C4 should instagib tanks.

My 0.02 Terran credits.
    • Up x 21
  18. Rogueghost

An uncerted harasser takes one brick of c4 to kill, with maxed out composite it takes 2 bricks.
    • Up x 2
  19. 13lackCats

How about you protect your tank and/or bring friends to help?
    • Up x 7
  20. Fire Works

Gameplay > Reality
    • Up x 11