GU11 landing soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jun 19, 2013.

1. fuzzbuzzputty

Another NC max shotgun nerf? HA HA HA! So now other MAX's are gonna be better at close range, medium range, anti vehicle AND anti aircraft. Anything else you're gonna make our MAX's worse at? Long division or making stir frys or horse riding or public speaking or abstract thinking or creative writing or expressing their inner emotions through freeform dance? I know! Make them a bit bigger so they have a larger hitbox, 50% mobility reduction and can't fit inside sundys or gals. Result!
    • Up x 3
  2. Skaldir

Welcome BFclo... , no wait i mean Infantryside 2 !

Considering : how easy it is to kill ( or to lose because of that "awesome" level design and terrible physics ) a vehicle nowadays with the amount of AV weapons available for infantry, the multiple nerfs to AI turrets/pods several months ago, and now this with the ressources cost ; you seriously want to make vehicles a luxury mean of tranportation !
    Only the Max should be affected by that increased cost but not that high.

That's a good point if SOE bring back ANT/NTU mechanics or something like that !
  3. PLooschacK

After reading the patch notes it looks like fine patch, but not that much different from previous ones to call give it that special "Quality of life" name.
  4. Takoita

That part about the Lasher:

• Ally players now resist the area of effect damage by 75%.

Does it include the shooter themselves? How does it stack with Flak Armor? I'm kinda worried about VS steamrolling indoor fights without even bothering to concern themselves with dangers of friendly fire.
  5. Andy79

should have tripled max ressurection exp and give them a special death indicator so medics can find them easier
    • Up x 2
  6. Anti-Skub

Absolutely baffled by the Enforcer/Saron changes. OK you don't want anti-vehicle weapons to one shot infantry, so you've nerfed the splash damage to make them two shots, fair enough, but the Saron is rapid fire...the Enforcer isn't?

Both weapons now do 800ish damage to infantry, but the Saron fires 300 RPM while the Enforcer only fires 60 meaning that the time to kill for the Saron has been reduced from instant to 0.2 seconds while the Enforcer has been reduced from instant to a full second...how is that balanced?

Say you fire 5 times and only hit twice to get the kill, with the Saron that's taken you 1 second to get the kill, with the Enforcer 5. "But the Saron has bloom"...yeah except even if you are firing at extreme ranges and you have to wait for the bloom to after every shot, it still fires faster than the Enforcer. The Enforcer also has more bullet drop, a really horrible dot crosshair which vanishes into the sand on Indar (which the patch really doesn't seem to have helped with if the test server is anything to go by) and a less noticeable tracer with vision obscuring smoke, which makes judging follow up shots much more difficult by making it less obvious if you were high or low.

For the record, I'm currently playing Vanu after getting my NC to BR100 (got a bit bored of NC after that), so this isn't a whine about how my gun got nerfed, I'm fine with both weapons being nerfed, they were extremely strong. What I don't like is the fact that the NC nerf has a far greater impact than the Vanu one.
    • Up x 1
  7. Niller

Does this mean no more bunny hopping :eek:?
  8. tekronis

I don't think there was any real reason to make those changes to the NC MAX shotguns.
  9. baztak

Magriders are just too week skinned to warrant the new high price - 350, maybe 400 - but 450?? Just spawned one and got it wiped straight away (from behind) by a lone harasser :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Synen

Rocker launchers and ESF's need a nerf or MAXes and vehicle's need a buff. There is no way to justify pulling a Max or a vehicle with a high resource cost when you die by something that have no resource cost or barely cost any resources.
    • Up x 1
  11. FigM

This can work but not if you completely ignore infantry resource costs. By ignoring infantry and doubling down on vehicles you just create bigger imbalance that is detrimental to gameplay.

Infantry cost for AV turrets and missile launchers is 0 resources. Infantry can respawn almost instantly. Infantry has long range AV weapons that are competitive against vehicles even if vehicles also had 0 cost and near instant respawns.

Make Infantry resources just as important as vehicles, add costs to long range AV weapons
    • Up x 3
  12. Bindlestiff

Worry not, nobody uses it because it is in fact utter ****. Fact. It has been **** up to GU11 and continues to be just as **** after it.
  13. Khyrin

Yeah, that's why they lockdown whole bases just by endlessyl spamming the Lasher at entrances, even worse then Scatmaxes because you can do it from 200 meters away.
  14. Roland2TowerCame

I want an air-to-air nerf. A2G is fine, a full load of a2g rockets hardly does any damage (and yes I do know what it's like to be a lone infantryman blasted by an ESF), but air-to-air combat stinks.
  15. Roland2TowerCame

Anybody catch this?
    "Destroying a facility SCU will now disable the shields and painfield in the facility spawn room."
    Awesome!
  16. Bindlestiff

I have never seen this in game, ever. The most Lashers I have ever seen at any one time is 4, and 3 of those were in my outfit. I've only ever seen a video of a large group of people spamming it, and it really wasn't anywhere near as effective as you are making out. At 200m there is little chance you are going to get enough accuracy on the shots to lockdown an entire room, let alone an entire base. Unless of course you have like 10-15 people doing it, which leads me on to my next point.

There aren't enough people willing to buy a Lasher, let alone use it once bought, because it is situationally worse than everything else available. A group of engineers with endless UBGL will be better at preventing access to rooms, or buildings, than a Lasher for example.

If you can show me this in action, consistently and repeatedly used as a successful tactic to deny access to whole bases on a server of your choice, I'll change my mind. Until then, I will stand by my comment that the Lasher is completely ****, and add that it useless for almost every situation other than messing around at the warpgate.
  17. Gammit

Mechanics and tweaks don't seem bad, but I once again logged in to find another 15-30 fps lost, shots not detecting (AA turrets mostly) even at close range, etc.
  18. SgtBreastroker

Terrible update. The continent capture mechanics are complete BS. It ruins the point of having to work hard to take a continent.
  19. PresidentFreeman

Welcomed.

Hopefully will encourage more air-to-air ESFs

Much more convenient.

This part makes my life a million times easier, been waiting for something like this. I still wish you could single-tap Q to do the default voice line i.e "got ammo here" "I can heal you" "I can repair that". But this will suffice for now.
  20. DDShadow

tr needs a major realistic fix to their mini chain-gun, for a gun that instantly fires 300 rounds in 1 second is shear nonsense since you need to spin the mini-gun to actually start firing it not to mention the recoil on it should be astronomical firing that much that fast in the field.

nc maxes need to revert back to before any nerf took place in order to balance the toys the tr and the vs have, our "shields" are trash and you've made the scats/haxs/mats absolutely worthless, the ravens are a complete joke against tanks / harassers and other maxes. i bet theres more friendly fire deaths with the ravens then any other weapons in the game

especially now with the resource cost increase there should be more reason to play the max or tanks but now its just a bloody joke. might as well sit in a tower turret and shoot at tanks and infantry units because we don't have resources to push back.

i wish i didnt spent any money in the game if i knew all this bs was going to pop up