GU11 landing soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jun 19, 2013.

1. IamDH

Exactly but i think this should be for the Buggy/Flash only
    The tanks are great as defaults tbh
    --edit---
    Or maybe the tanks have minor increases
  2. KorJax

I'm really curious on what the new movement code actually ends up meaning. One of my issues with PS2 was the fact that movement is so "on and off" and erratic making it hard to land accurate shots on anyone that isn't standing still at a range. In BF3 it's very fluid, very natural movement which makes it easy to land longer-range accurate hits on moving targets for example. If this change makes the movement work and look more fluid like in BF3, it could really change the game for snipers or longer range engagements, making it much harder to simply run perpendicular to a threat to avoid getting killed.

The AA changes are what I've been saying should happen all along - bursters regulated to "pocket AA", in that they do the most DPS but are only effective in very short ranges as a deterrence or defense against air (instead of an air slaughter, which they are now), meanwhile Skyguard does less DPS but can carry that damage through accurately at very long ranges, making them the most effective general purpose AA (at the downside of being easier to kill). ESF's then become the best, fastest way to kill enemy air, as it should be.

And the drifter changes? Hell yes. As a drifter user, this is amazing. Also digging how shotguns will require more accurate hits to succeed with, considering most of the time people who use them against me just end up spraying wildly in my direction and still end up winning.

This update is the best quality of life update yet if things go smoothly.
    • Up x 5
  3. Phaze

This is of great concern to NC MAX users.

* We already have the worst AA -- no way to buff our bursters like the other 2 factions.
    * We have the worst AV.
    * Our AI maintains a slim advantage in CQC - but is otherwise useless at other ranges.

Please don't do this - then say "oh we had no idea, we'll just have to look at data and maybe make a change in GU12."
    • Up x 3
  4. Khyrin

Bursters are getting nerved in long range accuracy and carrying device, Skyguard gets buffed, but the cost of the carrying device, Lightning, gets increased.
  5. Eclipson

Seems like a decent update. I'm a bit worried though, as ESFs may dominate everything again, since they will be much cheaper then tanks and Maxs, and Bursters were nerfed. Bought me a skyguard with todays sale in preparation and certed it out. I'm going to make sure those pesky ESFs don't even feel the difference. Mwahahahahaha :D
    • Up x 3
  6. S1eB

Thank you SOE :D
    Come at me ADADADA.
  7. TheBigHert

Nerfing the ES tank secondary's is ridiculous. They were ok for 6 months but now need a change? Give me a break.
  8. NietCheese

Can we please get a fix for AV Turrets shooting at extremely long ranges? That is one of the broken elements of this game and if tanks are going to cost 450 resources, getting killed by an engineer on top of a mountain 800 meters away will be frustrating to the extreme!
    • Up x 6
  9. Arsinek

Could you please change the game so getting gear doesnt revolve around farming XP. Its really boring the way things are now. Why capture anything if all I have to do to get gear is farm XP. Its just boring. Its boring for every single reward to be the same exact things, XP. BORING!!!

To take a step in the direction of this game being more than an XP grinder make the higher end gear come from capturing continents, medium gear from capturing bases, weakest gear from farming XP.
  10. Uncle_Lou

Sounds great. Fix the desync/no damage issues and I might consider playing again at some point.
  11. MikSchultzy

Still looking for proper eyefinity support.
  12. thannhauser1

Does NCmax getting nerf again??
  13. Delnoir

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Having used the IR/NV on the test server I can feel a noticeable difference in the accuracy. I'm without a doubt not hitting targets past about 50 meters or so nearly as much.
    • Up x 3
  14. Lampenfieber

Some good updates and others sooo stupids... damm
  15. Endlos

Boosts going on sale in the same 24-hour period as you skyrocket resource costs for MAX suits and ground vehicles.

HMMMMMM. I'll be back when tanks cost less than four hundred and fifty resources, or they can't be OHK'd by one guy with C4.
    • Up x 2
  16. Nocturnal7x

Everything is great, except the HSNV changes, those are an abomination.
    I also don't like the changes made to cont locking, pretty senseless. Unless you want to give higher pop factions more of an edge. Which is what this change wil accomplish.
    2 very bad changes. Most of it looks good though.

17. Chrisragnar

Well the TR mossy is pretty much the only ESF that can be instagibbd by a single burster max.
    AND you guys have the tank with most hitpoints, smallest rare hitbox, most dmg AND a freaking supershield.

My point being, all empires cant be equal in everything, that solvs nothing, just makes the game boring. NC have loads of stuff that is ridiculously hard too deal with. You just cant have it all.
    • Up x 1
  18. Chrisragnar

Dont nerf IRNV, i praise planetside for not being ****** like Dice/Bf3 witch has a IRNV that seriusly gets obscured by ANY smoke and works for ****. no tactical valu at all. I dont use the IRNV in PS2 much but i want it too be powerful when used taticaly non the less.

As for increase in cost for smaller transports, i like it. Maby i can get more than 1 passanger when i drive the sundy from captured base too the next..

And my future request: REMOVE XP FOR DESTROYING TERMINALS. Ppl are just crashing them for the 15xp without any tactical valu at all.
  19. Chrisragnar

Agree with the locking, i play Tr on a server where TR have about 20% VS about 50% and NC 30%. TR is already getting steamrolled when the server have high time. Wonder what happens if there is locking.
  20. Markxxx

sway on a 1x scope??? This is plain silly...I usually don't post on forum but this time i just can't help.

There are so many major things broken on the game like population imbalance, base design, game crash.... and SOE spent time fixing something ain't broke?! This is really infuriating.

Look at how Blizzard update games balances: well thought after, clever changes that don't cause players to call out "stupid" the first 1 second they see the description.

Look at how SOE update games, so many updates in short periods of time, how much thought was actually given to each change?

SOE really needs to hire someone better... Or maybe they just don't care.