GU011: Weapon and Vehicle Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Rockit

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  2. Endlos

Footzerging across distances longer than 300m isn't diversity, it's just dumb. People do stupid footzergs now with insufficient armor support because a lot of people are lazy and/or lemmings. Imagine what it'll be like when all the people that are normally smart enough to bring tanks to a gunfight can no longer afford those tanks. Some bases are 100% unassailable without a significant vehicular push.
  3. lolitank

K/D means nothing really i only became a full tanker at around 30 and i get K/D around 1-2 now
  4. Wintermaulz

wait a sec, harassers costs as much as a sundy now? lolwut
    • Up x 3
  5. FireStarterXoX

Why not bind mwheelup to wep one and mwheeldown to wep2? Easy fix here.

Pretty disappointed with what I'm reading on the new GU. Seems like the acquisition timer is now obsolete as well.
  6. theholeyone

ZOE is actually a pretty large nerf to the OP implementation we have seen. They now are clearly lacking in combat situation, as they should be. They still have increased mobility, as was designed; the timer would inhibit their main purpose of mobility.
    What it means is you'll be fighting next to no ZOE maxes, though there maybe some VS maxes that are getting into position, or flanking quicker than NC or TR maxes. This is I think the core purpose and design of the ZOE ability. Ensuring it is used for its core purpose before evaluating it for another round of balancing shows good foresight from SOE.

Yeh sway is annoying on anything, glad I don't really use NV anymore anyway.

Not sure how they deal with scrolling, might be you can only scroll tot he gun, and have to press the number to get the UBGL? Quicker to use the numbers anyway so I think that is what most of us do. I like this change.
  7. EliteEskimo

Better question, why are they making it so 200 resources for 2 sticks of C4 still be able to instagib a 450 resource MBT? Also 100 resources for a stick of C4 to instagib a 350 resource cost Max?
    • Up x 3
  8. AndreusArconis

"The new values are based on data that we have collected from the Live servers, and our goal is to even out the resource costs with their related income rates."

You mean SoE's income rates?

When people can't pull a Sunderer to spawn at or a Flash to get to the next base everyone is just going to stop playing because charging from base to base on foot everytime you die is going to be miserable.

The current resource system is broken. Its pointless and its a win more system. No one is going to ever fight because the instant you start losing you can't possibly recover and even the Lattice on Indar will become ghost capping as outnumbered factions simply log off.

The resource system needs removed from the game. The cooldown system should be used to tweak vehicle/gear balance.
  9. ThundaHawkPS

O 1 thing though

Flash resource cost is too high.
  10. cwcriner

there goes my dreams of a belt-fed full auto jackhammer... :(

Maybe I'll get a belt fed gun some day.
  11. Xind

Wow, that's a point I hadn't considered.
    The whole C4 balance versus vehicles and MAXs is now skewed ridiculously, especially since you can stock C4.
    The price needs to go up or the effectiveness needs to be reduced now.
    • Up x 2
  12. theholeyone

Has the sunderer got more expensive? Footzergers should always take the bus.

I've not seen bases that require a vehicle push, unless the enemy also have vehicles. It helps of course though, but I think people are overstating the effects of the cost increase.
  13. Pengalor

Yup, I completely agree. Hell, pump-actions are almost pointless right now as it is. I have pretty damn decent aim and I get plenty of whiffs within 7 meters. Shotguns are going to be borderline pointless after this. You will have to be literally right on top of someone or you'll be dead. I love how they say they're doing this to 'bring them in line with other weapons'. That's exactly the point, they are NOT SUPPOSED to be in line with other weapons when in their active range. If you go close range with a shotgun with a similarly skilled person behind it YOU SHOULD LOSE. I don't get how this is hard to understand. SMGs will completely overshadow shotguns now and most assault rifles will be at least above them. So sick of all the unnecessary changes in this game in the name of some sort of 'balance' (beginning to think the devs don't actually know what that means).

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to point out that yet again they are nerfing guns that require proper aim to get kills because the ROF is super slow without making any fixes to hit reg or lag problems that have been in the game since the very beginning. This is completely unacceptable.
    • Up x 1
  14. theholeyone

One of the reasons k/d means nothing is because it is affected so much by how you play, maxes/tanks/libs/esf etc all lead to higher k/d than good infantry players in general. Even 1-2 for a tanker is quite bad, try staying mobile or away from the fight a bit more or something... I can see why you think tanks are weak if you're always getting killed in one, but in most other people's experience they are a lot tougher.
  15. AnotherNoob

I don't like the changes to the resource cost, because the way it is implemented now only harms the empire with low territory ownership, aka the losing team, which will make it harder to recover. bad :(
    IMO you should change it so that resource income was based on all continets, coupled with how high server population your faction currently have, which would make it more "fair", and not punish the losing team thus creating a snowball effect.
    • Up x 5
  16. FireStarterXoX

I can just imagine how most of the people who are dedicated liberator pilots or harasser drivers feel after reading all this. These changes are going to turn most of these people off from the game.
  17. lolitank

i don't get killed in one well i mean the tank dies alot but not me most of the time i full the roll of defense or armor hunter but that also get the eyes of LA with there C4 since i'm mostly in front lines i'm very deadly with my cannon i can hit a engineer behind a turret repairing from around 400M out so yeah but i also troll LA maybe that's my down fall a lot
    i like to troll the LA that are about to C4 me and as they go to me i shield up and stare at them some of the smarter one's won't use the C4 till it's over so yeah

i also like shooting down any airplanes and i'm very good at it
  18. ZephyrBurst

The Flash resource cost could be reduced a bit, maybe to 120, but I think the change is good either way. Its utility functions were way too useful for a simple 25 cost.

The Harasser really shouldn't cost that much, maybe bring that down to 300.
  19. Maidere

Tankers tears. Good.
  20. Morchai

Harasser and Lightnings should cost about the same. I say 200 is about right for both. :p