STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Kristan

TL;DR

Have you ever played PlanetSide 1?
    • Up x 3
  2. Vanus Aran

Have you ever seeked your own role in Planetside 2?
    I bet you didnt. You are a glad and happy Lemming.
  3. TekTR

4. zukhov

• Up x 1
  5. Jrv

Yeah see, I'd rather not have to do this. Most people would agree. Hence, superior lattice system.

Your post was a thoroughly entertaining read though, always good to have a laugh every once and a while.
    • Up x 1
  6. jbkappirossi

Oh yes, what's the fun of following a line! Might as well made Maps like BF3 or COD in the first place, but then you change the subject to ''avoiding gameplay'' alright! Not avoiding gameplay, just being strategical by flanking. Now you can't use any tactic's if your a smaller force (now, i'm even subjective being in a big outfit myself). Infiltrating behind enemy lines to create a diversion, cutting of territory, defending a warpgate gives you lesser option, becasue you can now simple go only the way of the line, making it alot harder to push the enemy back.

People that actually try to defent this without constructive arguments like you, seems rather to muts to ask. Makes al the hot air you spew out rather useless, softly put, because you have no point to begin with, witch make you a troll.
  7. Jrv

Bro, you are just too much for me. I'm out.:D:D
  8. jbkappirossi

What, your not backing out are you? Atleast give some constructive feedback, instead of your pathetic way of forcing people up your tantrus posts!
  9. Vanus Aran

You laughed about yourself without even knowing.
  10. Paulus

The Lattice was the only viable way to stop the large forces intentionaly avoiding each other.

Prior to its instigation the norm was for one of two things, depending on adherance to one of the structures outlined below.

1. Mindless Zerg swarms in random directions, with the bulk of them heading in the same direction due to psychological laws regarding movement of people in crowd situations.
    2. Zerg actualy has some kind of command team deciding the direction.

If the zerg conforms to type 1, the forces depleate and spread over time, giving a chaotic and unpredictable battle field experience.

If the zerg conforms to type 2, the command team usualy picks fights where they out number the opposition to maximise the likelyhood of a win. This leads to situations whereby two forces of equal mass will intentionaly bypass each other (because the Hex system allowes it) and the commader will call this "Stratigic thinking".

I would also point out that "large outfits" can also behave like type 1 or type 2 zergs, and therefore the submision regarding people movement should also reflect accuratly.

If the enforced channeling of type 1 and type 2 zergs is the basis of your complaint, i'm sorry, i can't help you any further.
    • Up x 3
  11. Chipay

It stops VS ghostcapping, meanwhile NC ghostZERGING still occurs :rolleyes:
    [IMG]
  12. Jaloro

I love the idea of a server with the hex, specifically for those people who like to avoid fights. Do you think anyone would actually get killed on this server or would people just go round and round on the map endlessly taking empty bases?

Whether you choose to accept it or not, by removing the option to easily flee and cap bases elsewhere (although that is still an option) the lattice has actually increased both the strategic and tactical depth of the game. The level of thinking needed has gone up significantly since you now actually need to counter and out-think an enemy force.

To win groups of bases quickly while not conceding ground elsewhere on the map requires decent strategy and co-operation between outfits in deploying the factions manpower efficiently and logically. To win individual bases requires decent tactics to take each cap point or objective.

And vice-versa to effectively defend with less numbers.

All you get with the hex is one endless cycle and a zerg.

GENERAL CYCLE: Win Base --- > Proceed to next base --- > Enemy builds up force to counter --- > Move to other nearby bases and ghost cap --- > Fragment both attacking and defending forces --- > Win Base

ZERG CYCLE (for zerglings and large outfits): OM NOM NOM NOM (enemy zerg over there!! Lets be tacticool and go round it!!!) OM NOM NOM --- > Repeat ad nauseam until bored

Every single one of the people complaining about the lattice want to be carrying out the "General Cycle" above. Having to think on any other level than this is defeating them.
    • Up x 1
  13. zukhov

Leading a platoon on the hex system I used to just split it up and we would try and cap as much as we could, didn't matter what, just turn the map blue. If there was any opposition they would just get zerged. The only way the enemy could stop this was by outnumbering me about 3-1. It didn't matter if they were the best outfit on PS2 or the worst zerg, skill on the battlefield made no difference because they could be so easily bypassed.

Defending a position or concentration of force was the worst thing you could do, the moment you stopped capping you would lose territory. No base had any intrinsic strategic value, they were just a link to more territory. Most of the battles would be directly inside a base, very little use was made of the terrain between bases. Most battles would dissolve fast when the enemy realised they were going to lose and redeployed to start capping weak hexes, or back capping made the battle a waste of time anyway.

I never saw anyone outplayed on the hex system, it was simply a matter of having more troops than the enemy and being able to run them around the map fast. Small groups of 'spec ops' back cappers really made little or no difference to the map, as all sides did it and they cancelled each other out.
    • Up x 4
  14. Stew360

They did the lattice to please Planetside 1 players not BF and COD kids you seams to be a ingnorant
  15. Chipay

• Up x 2
  16. Vikingo

So on what server is this a problem?

I have played since January and save for a very few instances I have not seen groups circling around avoiding each other to cap empty bases.
    The only ones I have seen doing this are night time VS and it doesnt happen nearly enough times to become a problem.
  17. maxkeiser

Esamir is pretty perfect as it is. Great fun and great battles during alerts.

I really don't like the lattice and am dreading the implementation on Esamir (which will just ruin the continent).
  18. maxkeiser

• Up x 1
  19. maxkeiser

To be honest what you describe here is EXACTLY my experience of playing on Indar under the LATTICE.
    • Up x 1
  20. Matlock0

Lattice has increased the need of tactics for our outfit (1-3 squads per evening) a lot. With hex people would avoid us and we would have to chase them to other hexes, which was annoying. This system gives us guaranteed fights instead of chasing VS scythes that keep flipping regions. Also preparing a defense actually has meaning now since the enemy can't go around you anymore that easy.
    And there's nothing like having 3 squads of a platoon hold up the VS armor zerg at redridge while 1 squad gal drops behind them to tawrich recycling and screws them over :p. Good test for the opposing faction if they got the mobile outfits to respond to that kind of stuff.

Can't wait for Esamir lattice so that the entire southeast side won't be a ghostcap fest anymore.
    • Up x 8