STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. jbkappirossi

I'm going to try and keep it as short and simple as possible, so everyone understands me without having to read an endles long post.

After the 900 hours i put into this game, i'm getting sick and tyred of SOE changing the game mechanic's over and over again. Now, if it was for the better you wouldn't have heard me, but this ''Latice'' brings alot of cons with it. My personal experience with it is; it completely destroy's teamplay, tactic's and thus the meaning of having outfits at all. It's just a dumb grind fest. Don't get me wrong tho, even in a big grind fest i know my way arond, as you might aspect after 900 hours, but this takes away al tactic's of flanking and endlessly grinding gets boring pretty quick.

This Lactice sore defeats the whole purpose of having a sandbox game in the first place. Why not make maps like BF3 then, because that's the experience i get now?

The thing i noticed is that Esamir is the new Indar and Mani Biolab the new Crown.

Solution. Give the people that don't want, like Lactice a server with the old Hex system and a way to transfer their account. I would even pay for a server transfer, but not for that Latice crap!

Sure it helps against Ghost cappers, but there where alot of other, maybe better ways to fix ghost capping. Like making it not possible for 1, 2 or 3 people to cap any base. Also they could made it like it was before. 3 people on each point, but instead make that 6 people have to be on the point ''and'' at all times, not just to flip it !!!!!!!!!!!

And the thing that probably annoys me the most is that SOE doesn't listen, no they just force it in your throat if you want it or not! The source of this may come from something else. I am personally getting the idea that SOE listens to muts to N00bs, because al those new guys, obvious got their oppinion two, but they just like everything that's new even tho they played the game for 10 hours and thus know jack about Planetside 2. Again, Dev's need to listen to people that do actually like and continue to play this game!

For now, i'm signing of after 900 hours and i don't know if i wil be returning to this game at all.
    • Up x 31
  2. Noppa

I think Lattice is 1 of the best thing that has happend to this game...no annoying VS ghostcaps anymore + tons of other reasons.
    • Up x 40
  3. Jrv

It wasn't very short.

Um...what? "meta-game" has absolutely no effect on battle tactics. I think you're confusing "strategy" with "tactics," and the pathetically shallow "strategy" in the hex system is nothing to miss. The battles are the same as they've always been, granted bigger, but it's the same fight and the same tactics still work. I believe your outfit is incapable of actual tactics, and so you need to step up your game to be relevant. I agree, being in a zergfit is hilariously redundant in the lattice.

They listen to reason; the same reason that dictates why the lattice is obviously a better fit for this game.
    • Up x 17
  4. bodmans

Sorta Agree with OP, but just calling for another server is too soon.
    1. What is your definition of ghostcapping?
    2. What did lettuce being other than the most predictable meatgrinders ever? Back in the old days, my outfit CREATED them.
    3. "Tons of other reasons" ? Elaborate
    • Up x 4
  5. jbkappirossi

yea, some people like brainless grinding. But lets be honest, BF3 or COD does a muts better job then that!
    And wasn´t this suppose to be a open world sandbox game?
    • Up x 2
  6. bodmans

And not to list Any reasons?
    • Up x 4
  7. jbkappirossi

eeeh.. do we know eachother, seems like you know my outfit or something?
  8. Vikingo

I left indar a long time ago due to the long grind battles, I much prefer the dynamic battles of Esamir. Thus I am not very enthusiastic about the planned changes to Esamir.

Obviously the community is divided on this matter, some enjoy lattice some dont. Why not keep at least one continent Hex and the rest Lattice so everyone will be happy.
    • Up x 2
  9. jbkappirossi

It is so simple to fix this matter. All they have to do is open a new server without that Lactice abomination.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jrv

And split the playerbase even more? lolno
    • Up x 3
  11. Kevorkian

The simple fix is you find a new game. Lattice is here to stay. Your efforts will be best spent creating posts that provide suggestions to improve upon it.
    • Up x 16
  12. Noppa

It is rly funny that VS ppl seems to be the only ones whining about the change :)

OTHER REASON;
    -Bigger battles(if i want play smaller battles, i will change game)
    -Need to plan and look where u go rather than blindly go from block to block.
    -No need to go anymore to def EMPTY bases cos of the ghost cappers
    -Alot more easy to defend bigger areas, this apply to all faction
    -Alot more harder to WG other faction since u cant go block to block near WG(even when fighting 2v1)
    -There still are smaller battles for the smaller outfits.

Like i said above, if i want smaller battles i can go play bf3/cod/cs
    Still is a sandbox game(u know open world, u can go anywhere u want)... lattice only limits the option to faceroll with massive zergs/prevents ghost capping.

After the Lattice came out iv personally have had the most epic/funniest battles .. i love to fight against big crowds and go from base to base.
    Sometimes the battles are over in 10min and sometimes it takes 3 hours to get some base(or lose the fight), since sometimes we are pushing and after that enemy pushes us back to our base and so on.
    • Up x 4
  13. jbkappirossi

Bigger battles? Maybe the first few days. Now the enemy just flees, because you can now see exactly where they wil come from and how manny!

Blindy you speak of? How muts more blindy can it be then to follow a line on your map!

Again there where other better ways!

No, they screwed that up aswell, it´s now just flip the point and all go to camp the spawn room.

Easier, just wait until you got the biggest server Population, So if you know you outnumber then they don´t stand a chance and it provides les option to push out from when both other faction try to WG you!

Lol, i´m rolling with one, if not the biggest outfit of our server.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jrv

And then all the ridiculous bullcrap you've been spewing this entire thread immediately made perfect sense. What's wrong, your zergfit is now redundant in the lattice? Your talentless arm-chair general leaders suddenly have nothing left to spew? No more "strategic" ghost capping to make yourselves feel better about being utterly incompetent in a fight? Thank god, maybe real outfits can finally make a name for themselves.
    • Up x 19
  15. jbkappirossi

That´s the whole point. It gets boring winning everything without strategy. As player I want to choose were to go to and not following that stupid line.
    • Up x 1
  16. Noppa

Dosnt rly matter who has the biggest population on server, u can only fit 33%/33%/34%/ to 1 continent and indar is most of the time full anyway, dont rly care about other places since i dont play on em + Amerish has been bad desing since the start.

And yeah blindly, how much more blind u can be when it dosnt matter what block u go.. u can move to other block what u want to get pretty much ur eyes close without lattice.

So u are mad cos u are in on of the biggest ZERGfits and u cant faceroll again anymore with em Cos lattice forces u to fight against same amount of ppl? :)

And yes there is allways better ways on everything.. some ppl says that and some ppl says this and so on.

Camping spawn rooms has been allways in the game, if other factions is so stupid(or bad) that they let u do that then it is their problem, u can allways push out from spawn room,redeploy or NOT let the game go that far in the first place.
  17. Jrv

What are you even talking about? You want to "choose" to go somewhere were there isn't actually a fight? You want to "choose" to avoid actual gameplay? You prefer spread out, sporadic fights with large breaks of standing around doing nothing? As opposed to fluid, consistent battle lines? Well that's stupid, and thank GOD you can't do that crap anymore. Hex encouraged this cowardice, probably why you like it so much.
    • Up x 13
  18. Kevorkian

That's your reward for being a member of the zerg.
    • Up x 2
  19. Kristan

Hex system was TERRIBLE. It encouraged avoiding fights that you call "flanking". Is that the "depth" and "tactics" you want? Capturing half-empty outposts because players scattered all over the map or focused on Crown while rest of the map just repaints with couple of players.

No, to hell with Hex System.

Also, I saw you metnioned raegquit?! We gonna celebrate, one more time...

• Up x 8
  20. Vanus Aran

The threadopener is right. There is no need for "discussion". There is no "discussion".
    All of you simply speaking otherwise are just defending your own "taste".

I have never ever before this lattice-bullpiss came up, seen "Ghostcappers" as Ghostcappers - to me they have been just people capping a base. OH WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
    But in the last days I actually grew annoyed, maybe because I took a closer look to the behaviour of this cappers and noticed that its true that they actually run away from battles to try and cap empty bases.
    Again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and- !!!

As I can understand this, since im doing this often myself when my empire is just weak in population right now and I see no lasting motivation in shooting out of spawnrooms: It doesnt change the fact that "ghostcapping" is a risky operation and should be rewarded if succeeding.
    To take a base with just one man is only easy if the other empires players are ignorant and lazy.
    You know how to stop Ghostcappers with a 100% rate or at least engage them before the counter runs down?
    Go and get your flesh in an Airvehicle! Stop 'hating' them!? They are legit content ingame.

You are arrogant and dont deserve anything, if you cant stop the thin action known as Ghostcapping.
    I expect you call it so while - of course, what else - running in a Zerg and be actually angry about that enemys dare to outrun instead of facing the odds in your favour.
    Take a few people of your already effortless winning Zerg and stop the few Ghostcappers!
    If that is too much for you, you are so incompetent and unworthy of anything, that you just dont deserve what you obviously want.

You want the whole map soaked in the colour of your empire. Or the biggest part of it!
    You want to "own", to "rule", to "dominate" and to show others that you are superior.
    But you are obviously not - if you cannot even stop a few Ghostcappers.
    You are lazy and therefore inferior. You have no real will. No fire, no passion.
    And due to your empire having you fighting for it, it simply doesnt deserve anything.

And lattice is a step in the wrong direction second to none.
    If SOE is already forcing people to play a certain way, they should at least force them to cooperate, to coordinate, to may~be join an Outfit or give a real motivation to.
    But instead they do everything in their power to make Outfits even more unattractive.
    People are different. To make them function in big groups is nearly impossible.
    An Outfit filling up a whole platoon is probably a rarity.

Most people dont want to coordinate so many people. They got no problem to fight along them! But coordinate them?
    While they may want to coordinate many groups to 12 people or 20 or something, I think more would be not worth the stress.
    Its a game after all and even if our characters are losing, life will continue - or something like this.
    Lattice is trash. It destroys variety, depth and alternatives. Its a straightjacket.

In the Hexsystem people had Zergs clash in each other too.
    Back then it was a sign of willpower, passion and determination.
    Now its only a sign of no alternative and monotony. It became ugly.
    Everyone not seeing this doesnt understand the true potential of such big continents at all.

When Outposts came into the game - it spread out the battle of zergs.
    Now some of them had been removed and turned into own bases!! Whats worse, they must be taken before the fight can advance further! Its unbelievable how much smaller fights around Allatum feel now.
    The only thing more fightening me is how fast I adapted and overcame my disappointment.

Im continuing playing. But I will never stop making people know my opinion.
    I will never stop yelling it out in the game, how much lattice has ruined the flow of battle.
    People cannot stop me. I have the right to speak up and will never stop.
    I will not leave, I will not shut up. The Karma must flow.

All favourers of lattice: Prepare for neverending resistance.
    I will share my happyness, I will share my unhappyness.
    • Up x 4