STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. NccWarp9

Yes, Its called farming. Requires no skill and no gameplay, only a idiot behind the triger.
  2. NccWarp9

Acctualy it is, as the minority are players that have played the game a long time.
    The most post in favor of the lettuce that I see come from BR <50. Of some 10d gameplay. Compared to month or months of others. So, who should have more say? People who dont know how things were before lettuce, before the "new" hex system ?

They simply dont know any better. And thing can be better and were better.
  3. NccWarp9

No you are wrong.
    If you play this game as a FPS then you are just a little zergling. A little one....
  4. NccWarp9

Objective is Total domination over the ingame world. Having a triplecap and holding it
  5. Greiztoph

Matherson proves you wrong
  6. Arsinek

Why? What does that do? My guess is nothing. The whole game revolves around farming XP which you can do without capturing anything. The game is just bad. Terrible game design.
    • Up x 1
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

Esamir and amerish?
  8. ABATTLEDONKEY

Its stil the exact same game. The maps are still the same size and the bases the same design. the ONLY thing that the lattice changes is the FLOW of a battle. It makes them more predictable. It changes NOTHING gameplay wise.
    • Up x 1
  9. vincent-

Let me stop you right there, they can and you signed off with knowing that they can. This isn't new and fact ALL the games do this.
  10. St0mpy

hmmm? what happened to those 8 bases they deleted when they latticified indar? what about all the remodelling of mountains and roads to force the lanes to separate more? and when you say gameplay thats a big heading for a lot of subtle things, and yes it did change gameplay in several areas too.

im not asking for excuses to justify anything you think is good on lattice, if you like it you like it, dont care, im just saying its changed a lot more in gameplay than you give credit to
    • Up x 3
  11. that_darn_lurker

Since the lattice is the future, I wonder why they bothered to create an MMO in the first place. They could have just made a series of instanced battlefields where you could only advance to the next battlefield after capping the current one your on.
    • Up x 4
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

Those 8 bases were going to the wayside regardless. Those bases were gone because they were under/utilized or just bad design, not because they diddnt fit the lattice.

Terrain features change a few things yes, but its so dang insignificant its confusing why you would even give it thought TBH. I mean your talking about a few changes at a few bases. Nothing that actually changes gameplay, just something that changes specific tactics at any given situation. Basically, if those changes were made before launch, noone would be the wiser, and noone would complain because it would still be the exact same game. They are not lattice specific features, they are simply alterations to the map on a teeny tiny scale to give definition to lanes.

Yes, the way we play this game has changed as a result of the lattice, however that is due to larger, more concentrated battles, and not due to any gameplay mechanics that were changed specifically for the purpose of supporting lattice (evidence would be 2 hex system continents with identical gameplay mechanics). The poster that I replied to suggested that the lattice forced the gameplay to take place within a much smaller area, and with different gameplay. My post was rather simple: Nothing changed. The only thing the lattice did, good idea or not, is change the order in which bases must be capped. Nothing else (terrain aside) changed as a result of the lattice. The entire map is still available to us, we can still utilize every weapon, and feature in the game, and the way things interact with one another is identical. All other changes were made as game balancing decisions, and not lattice supporting features.
  13. Baleur

His english is awful but i agree with everything he said.
    It's another case of making the game dumber for new people to not have to waste a single braincell to figure things out. (the Civ5 and Supcom2 syndrome)

When the game first released i heard the devs always say the same thing.
    "Many players have a real hard time finding out where the fight is! This is a problem we must fix".
    Then lattice comes. The game turns into a zerg-on-zerg linear corridor shooter.

Who the heck really had problems finding the fights before?? How braindead must they have been?
    You open your bloody map. You look at flashing balls and explosions. You go there.
    Or, you just got o a place where YOUR color meets ANOTHER color. That's a frontline.
    How bloody hard was it?

Then people complained about needing to aim at aircraft with flak, so they introduced lock-ons.
    Then people complained about lock-ons being able to be countered by skillful piloting or flares, so they introduced 100% 5-hit guarantee Strykers.
    Time and time again, things get dumber and dumber.

But the absolute WORST thing about the lattice...
    Is that it takes development time away from Hossin and redirects it into constantly re-developing Amerish, Esamir and Indar.
    I don't give a rats **** about the lattice, i want Hossin! Stop ******* around with the existing continents.
  14. Runegrace

More impact than...what? Staying in front of the zerg and not doing enough damage to overtake the 6 engineers repairing a tank? Shooting down some of the 200 infantry that respawn 10 seconds later? No individual (or 2 people in a Harasser) win a battle by themselves in a huge engagement.

But when I get back there in a Harasser, I can kill Sunderers trying to drive towards the front, knock down Skyguards and other enemy Harassers, and hit an enemy MBT from behind as he's being fired on by an ally tank on the front. Large battles are a sum of small victories, and if two guys can knock down several thousand resources-worth of vehicles, that's a victory.
  15. NinjaTurtle

This is a bad idea, splitting the player base in a game that is about having hundreds of people fighting in single battles would be counter productive.
    Rather than having one lattice server and one hex server they just need to find a way to combine the 2... not sure how though.

Maybe leave the lattice links in but make it possible to capture territory that isn't directly linked by lattice. Difference would be hex territories would:

- Take 20% longer to cap
    - Give 100% less resources until they are linked to a lattice connection
    - Give 20% less xp for capture

^ This is a rough idea of what could be done to incorporate both ideas, I'm sure other people could think of better ones. Lattice still has the advantage of directing fights to a degree because of the larger gain, but the option is still there for smaller outfits to take other territories and allows a greater tactical option overall and doesn't force you into a fight, it simply suggests where you should go, not where you have to go
    • Up x 2
  16. AJay

I wholeheartedly agree, it is a detestable and outrageous act that SOE have the tenacity to cater this game's design towards the unwashed masses.

You should all be sacked, what kind of unprofessionalism is this to listen to your fan's concerns about the sense of inconsequentiality and futility players felt about the Hex system. Any other COMPETENT and SENSIBLE studio would have ignored their fanbase and driven this game into a boring hole in the ground.

This is not the game I fell in love with. Gone are the glory days of overwhelming worthlessness of territory, gone are the strong minded and cunning commanders; bravely ordering their platoons across a string of empty, monotonus bases. No more can my squad sit in an empty base bored out of our minds while our tactile leader stares at his map screen and strokes his own ego with self appraisal of master strategy and tactics.

Why SOE, why would you cease catering towards outfits and their bourgeois commanding elite? Why would you be so arrogant as to consider the common soldier on the ground? Now the disgusting underclasses are having fun, in PLANETSIDE 2! You don't even need to join an outfit to possibly enjoy yourself anymore!
    A peasant can observe his map and see with clarity the direction of his friends, and his enemies. The proletariat hordes can organise defences, regroup for counterattacks, they even feel bases are worth defending now! The working class scum that they are.

What garish nightmare have you awoken us onto SOE?
    • Up x 2
  17. commandoFi

Lattice helps Biolab defenders, who were in a good position as it was. It is almost impossible for them to lose all their outer bases, allowing them to come from multiple angles and even, in some cases, fly over landing pads held by attackers and C4 them.
  18. NccWarp9

What is so great about lettuce ?
    All I hear is its predictable and stops ghost capers.

So what are other advantages? Disadvantages are so numerous that there are multiple threads describing it but none deals with advantages of it.
    So, please do continue, what are the advantages of lettuce without touching the issue of ghostcaping ?
    • Up x 1
  19. Tasp

Still waiting to hear how catering to the minority is going to give this game enough players to support it so it continues to exist.
  20. Roy Teppert

The other day I was playing on Indar, and our team was heavily engaged with enemies in front of us. What we needed to do was push to the hills on our right, take the high ground and hit the enemy with enfilade fire, forcing them to retreat. Well, because of the lattice it was impossible to capture this position, so instead the two forces were just stuck there hitting each other head on like rock em sock em robots. It got boring quick, and I ended up logging off to play some Rising Storm (awesome game, by the way).

The lattice just dumbs this game down too much. A game like this should be trying to champion military science, not nullify it. Gotta appeal to that lowest common denominator though, I guess.
    • Up x 1