Nvidia User Do Not Update to 320.18 (Possible Crash Fix)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Heretic, May 25, 2013.

1. Heretic

I had crashes before the update and i still get them. But with the latest drivers it was literally unplayable. I'd get at most 10 minutes of game time before it would crash. Some times i couldn't even get out of the warp gate.
  2. MarthKoopa

YOU MISSED MY POINT ENTIRELY. Please re-read my post and then read the following VERY CAREFULLY:

YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO USE METRO APPS. Stop arguing about this. You can use Windows 8 without ever seeing the awful metro interface. I AM NOT TELLING YOU THAT THE METRO INTERFACE IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT IS NOT.

USING THE START SCREEN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE USING METRO APPS. A regular shortcut on the start screen will fire you right back to your desktop.

I am only arguing about how awesome the START SCREEN is. A DESKTOP SHORTCUT on the start screen acts just like a shortcut on your desktop or in your start menu, except that it is MUCH EASIER to access and organize. It takes ONE click to open the Start Screen, and ONE click to open your desired program in DESKTOP MODE, NOT in a METRO INTERFACE.
  3. intelcore2quad

hey man.youve solved my problem thanks <3 XD
    my specs:
    intel core 2 quad
    nvidia 8500gt on the new drivers -
    windows 8 64 bit (its faster and my drivers work on it for internet card)

im defo gonna downgrade to 314.22

im using driver sweeper to get rid

i had windows 32 bit before but adobe premiere wouldnt work so i upgrade to 64 bit
    i also updated drivers :( it crashed

thanks again!! i still have my 314.22 driver file setup 32 bit wtf lol.

i made an account just to post this!!!
  4. intelcore2quad

How to remove crappy drivers: the way i did it

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-314.22-whql-driver-uk.html

download the old drivers
    do not install them yet

download driversweeper
    put the folder on desktop or somewhere you can access it via safe mode

download ccleaner
    install ccleaner

uninstall all drivers via control panel for nvidia

go in safe mode use driversweeper remove all

then reboot and in ccleaner registry tab click scan for issues may take awhile

remove all issues
    then scan again and remove untill theres no issues

install old drivers

PROFIT!!!!
  5. BlackDove

Do you have a 32 or 64bit OS? You should be installing the 64bit drivers if you have a 64bit OS.
  6. MarthKoopa

I'm taking your lack of a reply as you admitting defeat and accepting that Windows 8 isn't garbage, and you are now not ignorant of how the start screen functions in normal desktop PC usage.

Was nice arguing with you.
  7. AstroCat

The game crashes with all drivers, all settings, all computers and all configurations. There is no way to stop the game from crashing all the time because it's bugs in the code.
  8. BlackDove

No, people were complaining that it was getting off topic, so I decided to stop arguing with someone who likes the computer illiterate style Windows 8 interface, and can't give me an objective reason why it's a better OS than 7, other than the fact that everything has been consolidated to the Metro Start Menu, which is not objectively better since it's just a matter of organizing icons, rather than actual stability or efficiency.

You probably think the glorified DVR that is the Xbox One is a great product too, since it uses that stupid interface as well. I'm not resistant to change or anything, like you seem to think, or computer illiterate, since I've been using computers since I got my first one in 1990 and been building them for about 10 years. I love the change from XP to 7, but the change from 7 to 8 seems to be for the purpose of making 7 into a tablet friendly OS. I also see things that are just plain stupid, like Windows 8 laptops that don't convert into tablets, but still have touch screens. What's wrong with people? How ergonomic is it to put a touch screen on a computer with a mouse and keyboard? Even car manufacturers like Lexus have switched from touch screens to a mouse interface with a menu system that is mouse friendly, because it's more ergonomic and intuitive. Sorry, but Windows 8 is just stupid.
  9. Nocturnal7x

It was the only option for my 780...guess this is why I cant use physx without the game crashing lol.
  10. Geneaux

OFF TOPIC: Windows 8 UI is garbage, but everything underneath is great. Doesn't warrant a upgrade from 7 or vista or xp. People in general will be more satisfied Windows 7 regardless.

ON TOPIC: This crashing got considerably less annoying when I reenabled SLI. I was wondering why 1gpu was at 64C and the other is at 32C. I was like: "WTF!", but whatever the reason, it keeps disabling itself on its own.
  11. MarthKoopa

I have given you plenty, you just ignore it.

It's more stable and efficient than the start menu.

Now you're just trolling, bro. WOW.

I've told you why it's not, but you continue to ignore everything I say.
  12. BlackDove

The second environment is more stable? I've never had a Start Menu crash, in any version of Windows lol.

Ignore what? That you like the look of it and the way it's organized? That's not objectively better.
  13. AnotherNoob

Go to http://ninite.com/ and download the "classic start" program, and you will get the start menu back. It lets you customize how you want it, personally I never see the "metro screen" or whatever they call it, anymore.
  14. Rizen

Well now you can look forward to crashes when your vehicles explode, and you still cant have 3d vision.
  15. tbot

I installed the new nvdia driver (just the gfx card driver nothing else) and it fixed my crashing problem.
    Did not crash once till now.

Win 7 64
    gtx 660
  16. baka

And my experience is the opposite. Once I removed 320 and its Physx and installed 314.22, I am playing just fine.
  17. tbot

It would be interesting to see if those of you that have crashes with the new nvidia driver, have this problem with other games too or just with planetside.

Im not sure why my system works, i just remember that because I could not log in (after installing the new driver) I deleted some of the planetside files and did verify the game afterwards. I had a lot of crashes before GU09 but now after I did not crash once. Im not sure if its because of the new nvidia driver or because of a bugfix in the patch or because I deleted some files that maybe were corrupt ...
  18. Akordia

Same here :

Windows 8 64bits
    Geforce 660 Ti

New driver installed : Crash every 10 15 minutes.

Same in another games, like EVE Online : Shader broken, all the screen is dark and blue.

So... NVIDIA YOU SUX, SOE PLEASE SEE WITH THESE ******* !

Log Error :
    Nom de l’application défaillante PlanetSide2.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x519e724b
    Nom du module défaillant : PlanetSide2.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x519e724b
    Code d’exception : 0xc00000fd
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x01044777
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x8b8
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ce5be17d9ed632
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\planetside2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\planetside2\PlanetSide2.exe
    ID de rapport : e18dfa99-c7d4-11e2-bec1-3085a98f14ff
    Nom complet du package défaillant :
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Thanks
  19. NaySayer

Thx for the heads up, glad I didn't dl the new update yet.
  20. Wrek

can I have your CPU?