People still playing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, May 28, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

More balanced...
  2. iller

People? umm used to be. But tonight I actually saw more aimbots playing the game for them than real people.
    Granted I was in a weird area but still... It's finally reaching a breaking point I think.
  3. WolfA4

A bit inconsistent aren't you? Truth be told, if you want to play the game or see if it's populated then just load it up, otherwise just go away.
    • Up x 1
  4. Duff_Chimp

Just trying to shed light on why people still play. You'd have to be a zombie not to acknowledge the many flaws this game has, I still think it could be a great game but am not feeling very hopeful currently, especially when guys like you creep out the shadows and 'contribute' to the discussion by namecalling. What's next on the roadmap? Oh look a dead end.
  5. Brusilov [TR]

They fixed the problem with the render a long time ago. The battles are probably still smaller than those in the first months after release, however, if I go looking for the biggest fight during prime-time on my (relatively low pop) server, I will definitely find one bigger than any other shooter.

I am having performance issues with the game, but i admit it is probably because of my 3 year old, overclocked CPU. Or 2 gen old GPU's.

I honestly don't see where you are coming from, when you say there are better games out there... PS2 plays better on my current rig than 64 player BF3.

There is no game like PS2 right now, imo... so i just can't see where you are coming from.
    • Up x 1
  6. buckthesystem

I played in beta and have played regularly since.
    • Up x 1
  7. AdennTM

How about you get your lazy *** off of forum side and see how the game is yourself? No one cares for your opnion, there is a general concensous in this thread that the game is better then before.

Oh and don't pull off the bs beta card. Beta was horrible with galaxy ams, lesser pop, many many things broken etc.
    • Up x 3
  8. Vashyo

Yes people still play if you're too lazy to check up the population ingame use this

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php - Data taken straight from PS2 API and for each server so you can see approximately how many people are playing at any given time.
    • Up x 1
  9. quicKsanD

People still posting stupid questions instead of logging in an finding out for themselves in a FREE game?

Answer: Yes
    • Up x 3
  10. MrK

And when people tell you they still play and why, you quickly disregard their reason, tell them they are wrong and why you think it's a bad game.
    You're not really looking for reasons to return. You don't want to hear people stating you they have fun (that would be "anecdotal evidence", hmmm?). Those people are obviously people that can't quit because they overpaid already, sure?

Asking questions and refuting the answers, what exactly is the point of this thread?
    • Up x 2
  11. Duff_Chimp

Not downloading this game again until I actually think I want to play it again. Some people have download limits attached to their broadband still. Stupid of me to think that these forums would actually be of any use, maybe 2 or 3 posters being helpful the rest the usual forum detritus.

State of game ~ state of Forums
  12. WarpGuN

loyal player since tec-beta \o/ still having fun
    • Up x 1
  13. SgtBreastroker

All the people complaining are on the forums while the rest are enjoying the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Brusilov [TR]

Thought that might be why you were on here checking...

Keeping up with "free to play" games these days can be a serious pain in the ***, considering many of them regularly patch 1GB+.

Really though, if you're genuinly looking for help on any game forum, it's best to do so with as little attitude as possible.
  15. Geneaux

This game is too graphically intense to get a larger player base than it already has.
  16. Vashyo

Well this game has been utter **** then since launch :D

And yes lose the attitude and you get more hospitable responses
  17. Torok

let's hope in the future people will afford a more performant pc! :)
  18. ACE McFACE

o_O
    • Up x 1
  19. Kaktwox

Only 16K people playing is a dismal number for a game that is suppose to be a major title. Considering this game has already peaked, this is not a good thing.
  20. W0rthy

Yep people are still playing and having a good time. Continents are often full too.
    But "this game is dying threads" are always entertaining.