[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Xasapis

The biggest drawback with ZOE is the massive armor debuff and the delay is supposed to prevent people from disabling it. Are we trying to balance zoe or are we trying to make it useless?
  2. Rk3lly

i have never seen so many girls whining.
    • Up x 1
  3. DashRendar

First off, no I don't want ZOE to become useless, I could just play NC or TR if I wanted that... As a ZOE user myself, there just isn't enough reason to ever turn it off to justify BALANCING it around activation/deactivation delays. That would just create even less of a reason to ever turn it off.

As far as I'm concerned, we have two choices: reduce ZOE movement speed so it can't strafe as effectively and keep the lightswitch activation aspect. Or keep the current build power, and make it charge based with an activation delay. Only a fool would say the current ZOE is not overpowered. At the very very least, it is overperforming relative to the other 2 Max abilities, which are both very situational and to use your terminology, somewhat "useless" by comparison with only niche effectiveness. That much you have to admit.
  4. DashRendar

SUCH A CONSTRUCTIVE POST! How would you like to become part of the balance team? Better yet, here is a medal that says you are the coolest guy on the internet...

5. HadesR

I have ... when Magrider got balanced :)

Personally I would say that is the best option .. It doesn't nerf its actually abilities but stops them being used by default constantly ... Seems a fair compromise
    • Up x 2
  6. Xasapis

You mean when magrider got decimated so bad it needed 7 content patches of upgrading to bring it back in line with the rest? If the goal is to make VS stop using maxes again like they stopped using magriders, then I don't know what to say.

There are only two things they can tone down at this point. Strafe speed to match exactly infantry and putting a delay on the toggle. The movement speed is already pretty low.
  7. NietCheese

I don't know where you are pulling this from, because every CQC fight I have seen since GU9 either saw ZOE Maxes dominate NC ones or Lockdown Fracture Maxes dominate NC ones.

A lockdown fracmax on a door just obliterates anything coming through it. A ZOE Max can put out huge DPS while strafing at incredible speed.

The NC shield is a bad joke, another gimmicky weapon in a line of gimmicky weapons the NC has received. The TR get the firepower, the Vanu get the weapons that need skill to use and the NC get the joke items.

A 300 meter rocket launcher that you have to stand still to fire, a slow firing guided missile that requires a Max to stand in plain site while guiding it, a shield that is such a joke enemy troops run up to maxes with it deployed and melee them in the back.

The ZOE will get a substantial nerf. Then, as usual, the TR will have the most powerful weapon from the patch.
  8. Rk3lly

sorry I ventured away from thoughtful discussions on PSU and reddit and SA. If the game ever becomes what this forum wants then no one will be playing it except a few theorycrafters who finally feel important for 5 seconds. then on to the next game to ruin. official forums are cesspools. i wish it was not so.
  9. Finli

Still no videos of ZOE ADAD warping.

Could it be that the forum whiners are a bunch of silly sods that only wanted something to cry about this week?
    • Up x 1
  10. Rk3lly

the only thing that needs to be changed on maxes is a small aegis shield buff. then its all even.
  11. Rk3lly

watch this and then tell me ADADAD actually exists. no one mentions it at all. seems like at high level play someone would abuse this op weapon? especially since these guys are super advanced players right? /sarcasm
  12. Shockwave44

Um, I don't think you understand how accusations work. Get off your butt, make a new account and record it yourself. We're having fun with it and won't do your job for you. You're just upset you have a MAX with a shield and haven't figured out how to use it yet.
  13. Shockwave44

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was uploaded a month ago you troll.
  14. S0LAR15

11 pages and no videos of it since release, I think we're done here.

L2p whiners.
  15. Stew360

The whole problems about ZOE is SPEED + more stopping power + negligeable armor cost ,

Actually the ZOE maxs to be balance should have a purpose lets say moaning down infantry ? ok then decrease the armor by 50 % but also reduce the damage by 30 to 50 % ( NOT INCREASE IT ) this will mean it will be a fast maxs with dual weapons that use toghuether are as efficient as others weapons in the game This could be consider as balance and ZOE maxs will have a strategic purpose

Rigth now the ZOE maxs is simply awesome at anything more speed more stopping power they avoid compleatly the delicate balance between maxs and infantry wich was base on speed and speed ONLY .

This is the problem with ZOE maxs , the strafe warping is a issue with any caracter in the game infantry and maxs , and the ZOE speed simply can increase this issue as well its a matter of facts ...

the only fix i can see is ZOE having 50 % less armor and 30 to 50 % less damage this way it will balance its roles and give it a purpose

If the VS maxs want to go maxs vs maxs they will simply toggle ZOE off and when they are going to face many infantry they will toggle it on and start on a rampage

16. The King

this "ADAD strafing macro" exploit does not exist.
    That is a fact...

Quit lagging.
    • Up x 1
  17. Rk3lly

lets cut the vs maxes damage in half and then reduce the armor by 50 percent then we are balanced. the guy above us should have his keyboard taken away. i can't believe someone could watch the new war report and think zoe needs something drastic.

why dont you ask for buffs for your own maxes ability instead of whining that something is too op
    • Up x 1
  18. Rk3lly

Quoting this because I have never seen a more useless pubby.

Font size is probably like middle aged men and sports cars

Learn to use C4, rockets, emp, sticky nades, AV nades, deci, seriously the ZOE gets dropped so fast I laugh.

I drop 2 bouncing betties next to each other and get ZOE max kills lol
    • Up x 1
  19. Kon

you could make it so while firing the zoe max has LMG ADS strafe speed decrease %
  20. NeverWas

it's stew360 , you just got bait mate.
    • Up x 2