[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Basti

Yep, thats a Max Warping around, due to massive lag and potential server side issues.

Yep, AND? Has zero to do with the ZOE, is old (and btw mostly fixed these days), and does not contribute to the power of the ZOE at all.

To put it in clearer words: Nerfing the ZOE because a TR max warped on a bridge a while ago doesnt exactly make sense.
    Nerfing ZOE because warping is a possibility also doesnt make sense. By that logic we would need to ground all vehicles, because they may could potentially warp, OMIGOD!

Final result of this thread: ADAD is no issue with the ZOE.

The Zoes power does not come from its Damage or movement Buff, but from the inability of players to simply counter them by being smart.

And Yes, im a ZOE user, and I love it nutz, because it pretty much replaces my Charge Ability with a More useful one.
  2. Timperium

Are you serious? You don't even know what you're arguing about!

That's not the ADAD warp glitch, that is simply a MAX lagging!. The guy probably had poor internet or the server was messing up or something, he obviously wasn't abusing the ADAD serverside mechanics that mess up hitboxes.

Wow, you have just made yourself look like a complete and utter tool.

edit: FYI THIS is what we're talking about. Educate yourself.

3. Edmon

Already posted similar back on page 6, but it was largely ignored ^^. They all result from the same issue so what you choose to call it doesn't really bother me. ADAD is a lag-exploit where strafe speed and lag are the two primary factors. At what point you call it just "Lag" is arbitary.
  4. Nyscha

Maxes have movement momentum.
    It's impossible to do.
    /thread.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rhapsody

They also have 0 downtime. TR Maxes are stuck in a anchor/un-anchor animation. NC have the arm-swing animation. Both also have semi-cooldowns. VS?...... umm... its a light-switch. On and Off, no cool down, no 'delay'.
  6. haldolium

Excuse me!

Are you from the past?
  7. Timperium

You have honestly no idea what you're talking about do you?

1) The video you posted has got nothing to do with the ADAD exploit.

2) The video you posted has got nothing to do with ZOE.

3) The video you posed is old. Post a video from when ZOE was released.

4) The ADAD exploit is mainly, albeit not exclusively, abused via macros.

5) The ADAD exploit does not appear to affect MASx in the same way as infantry due to MAXs have movement momentum. Please prove otherwise.

I'm waiting for you to post another unrelated video.

"HEY GUISE LOOK AT THIS LAG! THIS MEANS THAT BY MY WEIRD LOGIC THAT ZOE ADAD IS REAL AND OP BECAUSE EVEN IF IT'S NOT RELEVANT IN THE SLIGHTEST....ANYWAY ZOE ADAD EXPLOIT EXISTS BECAUSE I SAY SO!":

• Up x 1
  8. Xasapis

If you noticed that particular video was made in the VR area. There is no lag in the VR area and it was made there for demonstrating how a simple ADAD macro looks like. On infantry. Because it's possible to do it. Unlike maxes.
  9. Xasapis

I agree that they should put a delay on the activation of the ability. Not a charge mechanism though.
  10. Rhapsody

Charge or Delay, either or. I agree not both, but one 'or' the other.

Either make it Have a delay = to that of the Lockdown and Shield animations of the TR and NC, or make it act like the shield abilities for HA's.. Constantly 'burns out' as you use it, then recharges when not in use.
  11. Knarfis

DING DING DING DING. We have a winner!!!! All this BS and it all falls on to one simple subject, the ADAD exploit. You all really need to get a clue and start realizing where the problems with, what ever you might be complaining about, originates from. I am not a VS player and I am not here to promote nor deny any sort of change to the VS MAX.

People slammed on the first video of the HA warping back and forth and didnt see the evidence on where this problem originates. But you felt to hang poor Edmon for it. There was a video from the test server that was posted only for everyone to slam that guy as well. And only Izruil was the only one out of 180 posts that clearly understood where this whole problem starts. Oddly enough it has nothing to do with the MAX either. WOW

Izruil, Edmon and the guy who posted the test server video, hats off to you guys.

Knarfis
  12. Glorin

You do realize that this is a hack, and has nothing to do with ADAD, macros or not. This cannot be done by any player without a lag switch or a 3rd party program (hack).

Once again, this video has absolutely NOTHING to do with the so-called ADAD exploit.
  13. NeverWas

with all due respect edmon, in order for a video of proof to actually be valid , the video should :

1. be filmed recently (specifically from 5 days ago)
    2. must feature a ZOE max
    3. the max is ADAD strafing
    4. the max is warping around
    5. show your ping / fps as a proof that you're not lagging (or any other way that one prefers)

all your previous videos had proven that adad warping does exist , be it hacking or lagging, however they are either:

1. dated
    2. not a ZOE max
    3. has a very high similarity with lagging but has no way to prove it.

which makes your arguement not as strong as you would like to be.

do note that our subject over here is ZOE max , and ADAD warping , both of which is only available since GU09 if they were to come together, and there is a possibility that the issue in your videos might already be fixed since most of them are more than 1 month old (which has past 1 or 2 game updates).

please understand.
  14. Glorin

Sigh, once again, poor proof. This is called Sprint Strafing. It is done by sprinting and whiping your mouse back and forth to change directions. Basically you hold W + Sprint, and you change directions on your mouse. Never once do you hit A or D.

1) You can't shoot while doing this like you can with ADAD

2) This is much, much more difficult to macro, and if you actually macroed this, you'd never ever get any kills, because once again, you can't shoot while sprinting.
  15. NightFalls998

LOL I laugh at all the fake/ pathetic videos that the TR and NC claim to prove zoe makes VS maxes warp.
  16. Glorin

I'm going to repeat my standing offer:

I think the entirety of the ADAD warping effect is bunk. I think it is a red herring created by confirmation bias and actual speed/warp hacking or lag.

If there is anyone on the Connery server, on any faction, who is interested in helping me reproduce the ADAD effect, let me know.

I'll stream the whole thing, and I'll even make the macro while recording.

I'd prefer to collaborate with someone like Edmon who completely disagrees with me, so that we can be as objective as possible.

Preferably, I'd like someone who could also record with me so we can see the effects of the macro I create, but that isn't completely necessary at the moment.
  17. Sumguy720

Does the person need rank 5? Or can it be done in VR?
    I'm mic-less right now but I could do it.
  18. Glorin

Next time I see you on, I'll send you a tell.

Btw, I was playing in the same area as some VAST guys last night--some of you guys are extremely helpful and play support roles very well. I was impressed. Zynik in particular, at least I hope I remember his name right.
  19. Glorin

Here is a link to the test I conducted:

4:00 to 10:00 or so is when I actually make the ADAD macro. Unfortunately, my keyboard drivers only partially show up on the stream for some reason, so you can't really see much.

11:00 onward is when we're actually conducting the tests on the playermodel and hitboxes.

According to Ph1l1p, there wasn't much warping going on at all, even with a macro set to 100ms frequency, which is tends to be the hard-coded limit most games have to prevent things like this.

Furthermore, the hitboxes line up very well with the playermodel, even with the ADAD macro.

26:00 is when we try the macro with the ZOE max.

Again, not much warping going on according to Ph1l1p.

Ultimately, we failed to replicate the teleporting, and in my opinion, no one would actually macro ADAD movement as it simply isn't as effective as having control over your character--especially since it is trivial to actually strafe like this manually.

In my opinion, this whole ADAD nonsense is simply a product of confirmation bias and lag, especially from Chinese players. I plan on having a friend of mine who lives in Hawaii to test this macro on an East coast server, so that we can see if anything changes when you have 200 ping.

If you guys really want to see his perspective and see how my screen lines up with the 3rd person model, ask Ph1l1p to upload his side of the recording. Though I think I've provided enough evidence to debunk the macro claims without his version of the recording.

When you guys see teleporting like in Edmon's videos, that is from Chinese players or speed hackers. MacGuyver himself couldn't replicate that type of movement with nothing more than a macro and some scripting knowledge. Macros can't do that sort of thing in modern games.
    • Up x 1
  20. DashRendar

This wouldn't work though, because with the current ZOE build, there is no reason to ever turn it off in battle. Its bonuses help in both straight up combat and fleeing. This is why every vanu is promoting an activation delay change rather than a charge mechanism change, because it won't affect them in the slightest!