Let's look at what GU9 REALLY is: A blatant NC Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lucifer's Keyboard, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifer's Keyboard

This should be apparent to anyone with even the most remotely unbiased perspective that the NC got the **** end of the stick on this one. We're easily the most gimped empire now. Instead of arguing endlessly over statistics and other circular logic, we're going to look at this purely from a gameplay perspective.

AIR

First things first, TR acquire the Striker, a Reaver's worst nightmare. Already the worst ESF, now we're forced to deal with a lock-on that dodges terrain and fires 5 missiles at you, forcing the use of flares. To top it off, they get anchor on their MAXes, which makes bursters incredibly powerful. On the VS side, ZOE likewise boosts AA damage. So what NC are left with is a very clear disadvantage in AA to go along with a meh ESF. From a gameplay perspective? No more flying in TR airspace, period. Vanu is possible, but considerably harder when ZOE bursters are around.

ARMOR

The Vanu's magrider receives consistent buffs over the span of multiple GU updates that brings it back to it's old maneuverable self, giving it the ability to EASILY bypass things such as the northern tawrich shield door by literally going through the path RIGHT NEXT TO IT. To top it off, they nerf our enforcer to hell and buff the Saron into possibly the most OP weapon in the game right now, a rapid fire, no-delay OHK 6 shooter. So, once again, the Magrider is the best tank. Considering the flood of lock-ons and MAX anti-vehicle weaponry, maneuverability is king. Would be nice if their were some kind of trade-off, but now it seems Magrider armor has been buffed and their DPS buffed to the point where our extra armor seems painfully irrelevant.

INFANTRY COMBAT/MAX

Again, looking at this from a pure gameplay perspective, the TR/VS have received pure DPS boosts to their MAXes. The ZOE in particular has made Vanu MAXEs the king of infantry killing, as they possess the same DPS as pre-nerf Hacksaws, only at RIDICULOUS RANGES with what, a 20% decrease in armor? Hacksaws can't compete, a good Vanu MAX will beat a good NC MAX every time now, our only advantage is close range, and that is made worthless by the ZOE MAX's ability to effortlessly strafe and kite until it's marginally(less than a second) slower dps eventually whittles down the NC MAX, who's advantage now lies sorely in the 5m range. THAT'S IT.

Go anywhere, the Vanu zerg has been replaced by wild flocks of glowing lobsters dominating infantry, lighting fire to Reavers with their buffed bursters, and generally doing what NC MAXes used to do, only now with buffed speed and even better range. My outfit has essentially decided to stop fighting VS now, they're utterly overpowered to the point where it's not even fun fighting them anymore. The ZOE MAX ruins infantry combat, makes quick work of hordes of infantry while easily being able to glide away unharmed.

So, TR get an insane DPS/firerate boost, making them the kings of AA and chokepoints. VS get a super saiyan lobster, capable of easily dispatching NC MAXes and general infantry, so what do the NC get in return?

A riot shield. A bugged riot shield at that. Barely deflects fire FROM THE FRONT, let alone the other 80% of it's exposed body. The shield will last you 3 seconds on level 5 advancing into even the most modest of chokepoints, has no physical presence so enemies walk right through, and it stops us from firing. It's only use is in incredibly situational circumstances where MULTIPLE NC maxes are using shield and alternating. So, at absolutely NO personal benefit to the NC max(not like we get experience for being bullet shields), we get a slightly more formidable breaching strategy in very unlikely circumstances. In every other situation, most of my outfit has deemed the tool worthless and gone back to charge, where our Hacksaws might actually have a chance of chasing down these overpowered ZOE maxes.

So what are we left with at the end of all this? NC is now the worst empire. We have the worst AA. We have the worst AIR. We have arguably the worst tank. The saving grace of the NC, our beloved hacksaw MAX, is now nothing more than a nerfed candle-holder to the new king of MAXes, the ZOE lobster. The other empires recieved pure DPS buffs to their MAXes to go along with a very substantial NC nerf a month before, and we're left with a situational shield that is bugged and totally worthless in most situations.

I've put 20 days into this game, notched a 3.0K/D and have had a hell of a time with my outfit. But now, it's become painfully clear that SOE is trying to fix population balance by gimping the most popular empire. I'm so disgusted by this that I hardly even have the motivation to play anymore.
    • Up x 42
  2. vaxx

So much whine, not enough substance.

Could go into detail about how you are making things seem bad, when in fact, they are not. But you wouldn't understand it. I have come to realize most cry thread's OP's are not worth showing valid counters to their views.
    • Up x 14
  3. Farlion

Hahahahahahahahaha.

NC Nerfed.
    Let me catch my breath after so much laughing.
    • Up x 15
  4. Lucifer's Keyboard

So you have nothing of worth to contribute to this conversation other than,

"No."

Why bother posting, might I ask?
    • Up x 9
  5. LoneMaverick

Hrm...Sounds alot like what happened to TR post launch.

Also sounds alot like what happened to VS post TR nerftrain.

Perhaps you need to realize, I don't think there's much favoritism in the balancing, much more likely they just toss a dart at a multicolored dartboard and buff/nerf accordingly.

Also, Lockdown isn't really that amazing, think I'd trade it for your shield as TR to actually survive where my guns are supposed to be effective(lol), ever try putting 8 shots on an infantry running around willy nilly past 20 meters? damn well near impossible TTK with the horrid CoF on the Mercies now, If I had a shield atleast I could get from building to building, or get into the actual effective range of my weapons (pretty much scatmax range for a decent TTK).
    • Up x 3
  6. Amphoric

FFS more QQ.
  7. ChaosReaperr

Video or it didn't happen
    • Up x 1
  8. ItchySox

Please do go into detail, you have my complete attention.
  9. Loegi

You start by saying that you need to be unbiased, while you are clearly biased. Then you start dredging up old stuff that wasn't in GU09. When you started stating plain misinformation as "facts" I stopped reading.
    • Up x 5
  10. Twistdlester

Wow this is exactly how a lot of my outfit feels at the moment , but I think you really hit it on the head with " But now, it's become painfully clear that SOE is trying to fix population balance by gimping the most popular empire."
    • Up x 5
  11. Lucifer's Keyboard

It's depressing to me that people can just say "No u" and then pretend like they've said anything. Posts like yours are about as much use as the aegis shield.
    • Up x 3
  12. DashRendar

If it keeps the bads from joining NC and go to VS so I can have more targets to shoot at, then GOOD.
  13. Strottinglemon

Something I've noticed over all the updates is that most every player thinks any change was the devs conspiring against their faction.
    • Up x 3
  14. anaverageguy

So you decided to make a new account just to post or something? You realize you now have absolutely zero credibility, yes?

If NC were really underperforming. 1, their population will be evening out more observably AND eventually be below the others. And 2, I'd be back to playing NC.

Magriders? Their only real advantage was maneuverability and evasion in the first place. With buffed shell velocities between tanks, returning it to more of less how it was minus the vertical climbing was a no-brainer change.

The main QQ seems to be about the ZOE Max. I will deliver what people like you that on the NC delivered to the other factions; L2P.

The ZOE Module is a double edged sword. The defense reduction might not seem like much, but it's huge when you consider the amount of fire something of that frame can be subject to. The offset of being almost as mobile as an infantry unit just goes back to Vanu's MAX now having an actual trait of sorts. All is well.

NC Maxes? Need personal benefit? Was that a joke? The only thing that can be agreed upon is that the shields are too fragile and should have been left alone. That alone would let you benefit plenty.

TL;DR
    Learn to play or change factions.
    I for one will return from TR to NC if it population goes back under, but it's very unlikely; NC still performs well for reasons you chose to skip over.
    • Up x 2
  15. CptFirelord

• Up x 3
  16. Lucifer's Keyboard

The difference being that some people have legitimate complaints with gigantic, detailed posts, and others just say "nope ur wrong" in a 10-15 word post and pretend like they've contributed to the conversation even remotely.

Same goes for the other 2 posts before this one, you've said nothing of worth and I'd be insulting my own intelligence by responding to such nonsense.
  17. Phrygen

enough with the unjustified Faction crying.
    • Up x 2
  18. siddar

SoE is making the billion dollar mistake again.

Stop doing ********* things to your customers because they will make you pay for it eventually.

EQ 500k subscribers at peak but SoE acted just like they do in PS2, actually PS2 devs behave worse in my view.

Five years into EQ time for a new EQ game. Both SoE and Blizzard are making one.

Results
    EQ2 250k peak subscribers
    WoW 12 million peak subscribers

SoE never really had a chance because it had managed to make so many enemys out its customers.

Now SoE has made PS2 and has managed to hold onto several hundred thousand players for atleast six months a not unimpresive feat when compared to other recent mmogs.

So while SoE goes about repeating mistakes of the past other companies are watching PS2 with a smile on there faces and saying look SoE is doing it all over again.
    • Up x 2
  19. Purg

These forums are so soul destroying. Everything is OP and everything has been nerfed.

Just play the bloody game.
    • Up x 2
  20. Loegi

I agree that my post wasn't that helpful.

Then again, it was mighty on-topic with your whopper of an unhelpful post.

And I don't see how that "No u" part is even remotely relevant.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.