HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lockdown Burstermax

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaarl, May 22, 2013.

1. The_Red

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS WHINING ABOUT TR ?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. S1eB

I'm not an expert pilot but i'm not a bad one either, it's not as easy as many people think. With the amount of AA around and the buff to MAXs it's a lot harder to stay alive or not have to keep pulling out to repair after only getting a couple of rounds off.

ESFs are far from god mode, try flying one and see for your self.
    • Up x 1
  3. kadney

^that. Just activate soe, step outside the spawnshield and BOOM BOOM Flak in your face. With Lockdown: Step outside the spawnshield, anchor, get rockets in your face, and maybe you get lucky and can get some hits before eating grass. o_O Can't remember, could you still shoot while anchoring and how long does it take?
  4. cKerensky

I wonder how long it'll take the majority of NC to realize that TR Maxes in planetside 2 with lockdown can be countered the exact same way they were countered in planetside 1: Phoenixes.
  5. Quovatis

The angle of fire during lockdown is way too much for the advantage it gives. Lockdown was balanced in PS1 because each empire had different MAX weapons for aircraft, etc. The starfire and sparrow had their own strengths that meshed with their special abilities. When all the weapons are pretty much the same as in PS2, giving lockdown to one empire and not the others is just bad.

And those that think that ZOE or the shield is equally OP, you are crazy. ZOE shaves a few shots off of the kill, but not many, and makes the rounds have tracers, plus you die 50% faster. Lockdown is better for bursters by far.
  6. Hatamoto

I swear I thought SOE learned something from implementing BFR:s (that no one wanted) into PS1 ... just shut down the test server SOE, as this probably costs money and potentially makes the quality of the game even worse due to less resources being put into game development. Not listening to the testers is how you are used to running things, keep it up its ******* awesome.
  7. Wildside

TR cannot 1-shot ESFs with their MBT. The other two factions can. So yeah.

Anyway, I'm surprised no one mentioned that the lockdown MAX ability is useless for anything other than anti-air in a safe location.
    Unless, you know, you enjoy getting murdered by C4 and dumbfire missiles.

The NC definitely got the best deal here, with their shield. Do want. <3
  8. Zombo

what? really? i believed in people sayin "burster wont get the damage bonus"
    soe really did that?
    REALLY?

i actually really thought there was a limit on what soe could do to buff TR in a stupid way.... i really did... well, goobye PS2, it was fun while it.. oh, wait...

but seriously, i am not going to fly anything while this is on life servers
  9. Ash87

I would say the difference is that the scatmax was/is a mobile weapon that was used more often than not, as an offensive weapon to great effect. Maxes would rush with an organized group and there was No counter, no preparatory thing you could do to mitigate it, it was just 5 maxes walk through a door and everyone dies. What TR got is a decidedly defensive ability that requires placement. When used as an AI Ability, you can't run out and be a defensive turret, you have to use it to bolster defenses by slow advancement... and it can STILL be taken out Very quickly by scattermaxes, or falcon maxes (Just using an NC example).

With an anchored TR max, there are very simple counters: Heavies that peek with rockets, going around the building, etc. I've seen anchored maxes countered many times now, and the use for them is minimal comparatively to the cases in which it'll grant an overwhelming advantage.

And again, I still have not seen a significant difference in TTK between PS1 and PS2. It might be slightly harder to die in PS1 I'd say 15-25%, but most of what I do in PS1, is dying... Really just not seeing it being such that it would contribute to infantry being That much more difficult to counter.
    • Up x 1
  10. Selerox

So it's massed Striker spam and lockdown Bursters as well for TR.

I'm guessing the balance team went to Vegas early then?
  11. Roadwarrior82

Please feel free to switch the faction for some days and tell us, on which side you were shredded more. I predict you will not like Striker, while on the other side.

Reavers... take care my friends.
  12. sindz

Funny you start to argue about everything besides the actual subject, which is the lockdown and bursters. I brought up the striker cause, pair that with the bursters you have unprecedented anti air. No lancer or phoenix will do what the striker does to AA. So striker wins AA wise. Now that this is out of the way we move on to the subject at hand:

ROF is great, lower TTK. Only downside is that you are rooted to the floor. Yes. Your arguments for this is, not immune to fire, c4 or peopel walking up behind you.

Wow.

Oh sorry. Let me be more in line with your patronising tone. Is that the best you got?

When on earth would you place yourself as an AA max if you were vulnerable to C4 or being alone? The answer here is: It won't ever happen. You don't pull out a burster max unless you are near a spawn room (sunderer), with engi (with more people) or you are sure you aren't being overrun.

So c4 and people running up behind you and knifing you is eliminated aswell. Or its the same risk as normal AA max's currently are dealing with. Regarding taking hits, its a 3 sec mobilize animation then you are free to move? Not like you are a statue and forced to stay digged into the ground taking a beating. So a bit of positional awareness, not really any different from what you are dealing with as a normal non lockdown AA max, and you get all the benefits.
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

I really want to know what the rest of that said.
  14. bboyberd

Can the whiners and complainers please go play the game instead of coming here? There are other means of playing the game instead of flying.
    • Up x 1
  15. Mastachief

So the TR and the VS get a burster buff that's a ******* joke SOE
  16. Beartornado

I don't ever attack bursters near or inside a spawn door.

What kind of stupid pilot would take them on in that situation?
  17. axiom537

And one thing you conveniently gloss over is the Strikers over whelming ability to deter Air craft from loitering over TR air space, even if it is only one guy with a striker, the pilot does not know if it is 1 guy or 12, they need to assume the worse at all times and respond accordingly. Yes, they are countered by flairs (if TR are in the area you absolutely must equip flairs or you lose, it really isn't an option...Flairs are only optional for TR Pilots) and Yes, they may only land 3/5 rockets on an Aircraft, BUT...

BUT!!!!! The moment NC or VS Aircraft enter TR territory they are immediately locked onto and are almost immediately forced to deploy flairs and/or evade, thus the TR are able to deter enemy ESF from inflicting much or sustained damage to targets or loiter in territory where they are operating. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of NC & VS ESF from not only destroying targets, but also locating & scouting TR troop movements or locating targets of opportunity.

And now with the addition of the TR getting a significant buff to their bursters, this is a serious balance issue that needs to be addressed immediately...
    • Up x 2
  18. LonelyTerran

So the striker is overpowered because the VS and NC no longer use G2A launchers?
  19. XRIST0

These abilities are stupid , bad idea to put them into the game .

None of them are balanced , ZOE is just rediculous .
  20. d3adline

NC owns bioloabs and every tower, but TR shall own the skies...