Balancing ZoE module of Vanu max

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MrGurrenLemfox, May 11, 2013.

1. Van Dax

they fixed it so now it is actually percent more damage rather than the defence lowering effect.
  2. Stew360

Sorry but the ADAD hit registration is a problem since beta or even alpha and it as not been fix yet so this ability should never hit the live servers EVER if you want my opinion

Yeah ZOE is awesome for the ZOE users but for the infantry from TR and NC it will be a freaking nigthmare
    • Up x 1
  3. Stew360

Agree
    • Up x 1
  4. Stew360

Oh yeah and how much % ?

If its anywhere less than 50 % more damage its a pointless ajustement
  5. MrGurrenLemfox

you know why i make this thread , is to help VS. you do realize if the ability get released with the state as it is , it will hurt VS than more of us, yes may be we will lose a continent of 2 , or bases, but if they make ZOE go live , NC and TR will QQ about it reddit, forum, twitter you name it, it is a collaboration of 2 faction qq and the Dev will nerf it A lot, may be several times, just like NC max use to be the scat max grown from the master of cqc to almost a joke, do you want it VS player.

for some people that doesn't under stand what i mean, ZOE need a cooldown and untoggled ability, when you trigger it the effect gonna last until the bar is empty and cannot be turn off, the bar can hold up to 5 minutes and when it charged it only can be trigger at certain bar progression and cant be charged by resupplying on terminal , and what i mean by 5 minutes ? , you guys do realize small bases have 2 min cap time, tower 5 minutes and big bases like 7 minutes ?
  6. Xasapis

I'd rather hey kept the field level, removed the damage buff, do not put any kind of timers and just leave the speed bonus and armor reduction there. The last thing we need is another magburn, which is something that is rarely used in combat these days.
  7. Shockwave44

It's not fast enough anymore to warrant a cool down. If you can't hit it now, then the ZOE is the least of your worries.

Not the mention the CoF is horrendous when strafing.
    • Up x 1
  8. InMedeasRage

How all the Sovereignty's cool new toys seem to be released:

1. Awesome idea and unbalanced implementation
    2. Balanced implementation that TR and NC cry about.
    3. Implementation is nerfed into the ground
    4. NC/TR players = You fixed it! VS players = AGAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!

ZOE is fine. The sprint bug being removed sufficient, it won't be a de facto travel mode anymore. If anything, the damage needs to tick up slightly or the damage de-buff needs to tick down slightly.
    • Up x 2
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It still lacks a useful tactical application, though.
    • Up x 2
  10. Stew360

ZOE mods should = 50 % + more damage taken period if not ZOE remoove and VS need another ability
  11. Stew360 Translator

In my personal opinion, hit registration becomes faulty when the player you are aiming at quickly presses the ‘A’ and ‘D’ keys. This issue has been within the game for a very long time, even before the game officially launched and still hasn’t been addressed. As such the ZOE ability should never be implemented into the game until this issue is resolved. Whilst the ZOE ability might be very good for the person using the ability, other players will encounter great difficulty facing players using this ability, due to my previously mentioned issue.

I agree.

Do you know what the percent is of the increased damage taken? If it is less than a 50% increase in damage taken it is a pointless change.

The ZOE ability should cause the user to take a minimum of 50% additional damage. If the user does not take at least 50% more damage whilst using the ZOE ability it should be removed and replaced with a different ability.
    • Up x 3
  12. Shockwave44

Nope.

The ZOE mod is not fast enough anymore to take that much damage.
  13. sindz

Don't worry, ZOE will get a charge timer. Vanu trait and all you now.
  14. Fumblewatt

Dear OP, lets talk about fractures and ravens and their AI potential, inb4 we nerf ZOE, since you are so god damn keen on creating a balanced game, focus on what already hit live instead, and for the love of god can you create a nerf vortex thread, since they were to OP but got buffed.
  15. MrGurrenLemfox

this is not a nerf thread, beside balancing weapon is easy, nerf the damage, cut the velocity in half, make the reload time longer, make the CoF larger, less RoF, let the dev take care of something that already go live as the performance that they already shown in game can be viewed by them instantly rather than by some spreadsheet that cant be judged whether or not the content are true. Vortex and the lancer are beast when in group, as a matter of fact everything is beast in groups as same as Raven and Fractures. Yes raven is fun to use but it is not effective as engaging in close quarter combat where 80% of our fight happen as people stated, if you miss you are dead.

But fractures is different, there is not much "Whine" so to speak on live server as not many TR want to buy another AV weapon as they already have a good one, better than falcon but at the same degree as comet. they are OP when soloing cause the high ROF and velocity is death sentence to whoever try to charge to them, BUT as i say cause not many people are using it yet there will be no much QQ as we speak right now.
  16. Xasapis

My fear is that because the zoe will give a damage buff, the VS weapons will be balanced around this buff and not around the normal VS damage. The same thing obviously applies to TR. This is my main reason I don't want to see ZOE with the damage buff implemented, but considering that they have already put the ability like this on their promotional material, it will go live and then all VS weapons will be downwards adjusted to account for it.
  17. BDMagnum

The current implementation on test seems fairly balanced. If anything, it could use a tad more damage or a tad less damage taken. The speed has been reduced, including strafe speed, so there's no more need to worry about ADAD (unless you think all infantry need to be removed from the game and reworked, as they can also glitch the hit detection this way, but I don't think anyone honestly thinks that).
    • Up x 1
  18. felfox

Woo, just what I expected, infantry speed, less effective health, slightly more damage, glow like the dickens. Alright, that means I could put a vortex in one hand and a quasar in the other and I should be able to play as a big fat tougher HA with a lancer and an LMG? Thank god we didn't get jump jets, those LAs with their C4 and grenades and generator overload and objective taking abilities. Nah instead lets step on the HAs, we can have perma glow shields and more health to play the exact same thing! Don't worry, it's balanced. Now we can do what HAs do! You know, charge towards the enemy and... die... and respawn right aw- oh wait MAXs have timers and cost right? You know what would be better? giving HAs a 100 resource/timer cost stimpack that gives them double health. Tadda! VS MAX right there...
  19. Myka

One problem is that this forum isn't exactly busy, which makes all of our concerns about the useless ZOE module look like a drop in the ocean. The thread I've just created in GD will no doubt be moved here eventually, but until it is, get your feedback in:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-you-think-of-zoe-before-its-too-late.126845/

Something must be done to get rid of this sparkly pink disco 'power', and this is the only idea I've got left. :(
  20. Lookhere84

I also think the damage increase should be removed. To be honest ZOE should have been an accuracy buff not speed but I guess you have to leave something.
    My problem is that this goes on all the time

The damage increase needs to be patched as well (see below)