[SOE Cast] What's your favorite role and why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luperza, May 13, 2013.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

i mainly tank as engineer in my magrider, maxed out to racer chassis and magburner.

so enemies of vanu, beware! you've never seen death approach so fast and run off so quickly!
    • Up x 1
  2. Baleur

Except if you're playing as a sniper you don't scout or help your team, since if you spot enemies you yourself appear on the minimap.
    EIther you snipe, or you do necessary things for your team. Not both.
  3. Spookydodger

Engineer, because
    • I have a decent assortment of weapons,
    • can supply my squadmates
    • supply myself
    • pull out heavy anti-infantry / anti-vehicle turrets
    • Land mines!
    • Repair my vehicles

My runner up is probably my Burster Max.
    • Up x 1
  4. K2k4

My favorite class for overall killing is the Light Assault. It's fun to flank, even more fun to float down and blow up enemy vehicles.
    My favorite class for solo play is the Infiltrator. I feel like I can make a difference, I also like sniping in low-lag situations.
    My favorite class for destroying aircraft is the MAX. Dual bursters just tear **** up. I also see this as a viable team-play class. Also max with anti-infantry weapons are pretty fun to play.
    My favorite class for team play is the Engineer. The ability to share infinite ammo, blow up enemy vehicles or repair allied vehicles, and create your own or your group cover is very powerful in the team play element. Also very good exp from all of this.
    My favorite class for grinding experience or certs is the Medic. This class just rakes in the exp with its infinite heal gun, resurrections, revive grenade, and personal infinite life button.
    My favorite class for destroying land vehicles is the Heavy Assault. Others can do it, but rocket launchers do it better.
    • Up x 1
  5. that_darn_lurker

My favorite role is that of the guy that runs in to soak up enemy bullets while hoping to land a few shots of my own.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skippytjc

Sniping, pure and simple.

There is something about being out about, quiet and alone. I truly believe a decent sniper can change the tide of a battle without anybody really knowing how much they impacted the fight. One single sniper can lock down a sundy under the right circumstances long enough for some armor or a heavy to blow it up.

There is actually a great deal of skill involved with being out there on the fringe. Knowing just where to be, how much to cloak or not cloak, and most importantly what shots to take or not. I see so many snipers just shooting away, I never do that. I shoot to kill. I only shoot if I know I can kill the target in one or two shots. I don't want unnecessary attention after all.

There is NO greater feeling that taking somebody out at 300 yards in full sprint.

I get killed a lot, but I am really good at one thing: I almost NEVER get sniped. Its very rare. I pride myself of being an alpha sniper hunter. Some of my best memories of this game will be sniper duels.
    • Up x 1
  7. D-Spirith

Vanguard driver.

I realy like tank battles, also i like sniping down enemy ESFs and liberators.
    • Up x 1
  8. Edmon

I'm an Engineer in real life.

So there can be only one choice of class, to be anything else would disservice my profession :p
    • Up x 3
  9. MaxDamage

I liking to ham and cheese role.
  10. Zorro

Light Assault

I love mobility and view it as the most important part of my playstyle. Being able to defeat enemies through dodging and surprise is too sweet to ever give up.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cryosin

MAX is definitely my most effective, but I have the most fun as LA and in a Tank.
    • Up x 1
  12. HittingSmoke

Heavy Assault by far.

I try to play mostly support roles but I definitely do my best from a raw killing perspective as HA. It's the most versatile class.

LMGs are extremely versatile in their own. Some of them work great 1v1 and they're great for base defense. My Lasher is my baby. Firing that thing through a doorway of a hot tower not only gets me an incredible amount of kills and assists, but just a Lasher or two is enough to hold back an invading platoon at a single choke point. Other primary weapons options are less desirable but keep up the versatility, like the Eidelon which can be used as an impromptu scout sniper with a 6x scope.

The versatile primary weapons combined with AV capability is great. The Lancer is fantastic for picking off retreating armor quickly and it's a beastly medium-range anti-MAX sniper. Top that off with advanced grenades and the ability to carry C4 and you've got the class with the most raw killing power in any situation.
    • Up x 1
  13. kaiserschmerz

Long-range sniping Infiltrator, definitely...

I love making a couple headshots then cloaking and running to another spot to make a few more.
    • Up x 1
  14. Cryzer

My favorite? I'm kinda even between Heavy Assault and Engineer, as I play each when the situation calls for it.

My favorite by play time? Then I have to say Heavy Assault, as I'm usually running around as a Heavy Assault, because it can handle a lot of different situations that the game can throw at you.
    Encountering an enemy soldier? Here, have an LMG and a Heavy Shield, I'm sure you can figure out what happened after you've killed your enemy while not losing too much HP. Tank? Oh right! You have a rocket launcher on your back, shouldn't be too much for you to handle. Enemy MAX spotted? Even though you're not a freaking Mecha with 2 BFG's on your arms, with a tiny bit of brain, you can almost stand toe to toe with a MAX, and unless you've burned your rockets already, you can easily take out that MAX someone was talking about.

But I love to support my team too, and be able to lock down a position, so that's why i love Engineer too. Unlimited ammo for you and your team.
    Allied armor need repairs? Here's my number, call me <3
    So the enemy soldiers are charging this position? just give me 5 seconds and I can gun them down with my turret.

Asking me to choose my favorite, is like understanding women. It's just not possible. :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Petar92

Infiltrator as a tactical solution for overwhelming infantry zerglings.Heavy assault as the most versatile class on field with mighty and precise blows,superior damage and special ability.And the black widow max (VS AI max),knock knock,anybody home?
    • Up x 1
  16. SuBs

I feel like the roles in this game could use a little bit more uniqueness and definition.
    • Up x 1
  17. BlackStarDLB

"The Demolisher"

I love destroying vehicles more than anything else. Be it Dalton sniping from a lib with my outfit The Vanu Airforce or making tanks Rrun in fear of my light assaults C4. Making vehicles go boom is awesome :D.
    • Up x 1
  18. LuckyImperial

So far my favorite class has been Light Assault. The reason is definitely the mobility. Being able to ambush people from above is basically like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Up x 1
  19. Zeewulf

My favorite role is one where everything work's as it should .... so at the moment none of them !
  20. iller

Intel Officer...

It probably sounds like an unnecessary flowery title for a role most people never think they need.... but when you've regularly got a full platoon of semi-pubbers chasing their tails every night, you really do need a couple of people feeding the Leader information about what's happening on the ground. The Overview Map is good, especially after the last update. But it STILL doesn't tell them the whole story.

Teamspeak is basically required for it too so not everyone is even willing to do it.
    It gets even MORE hectic when you're also a Squad lead b/c you have to remember to keep placing Squad beacons back where your guys are fighting while scouting as much ground around them as possible without flipping your flash over or zipping into a Burster-Zerg noFlyZone on your ESF... It's rough sometimes. I really think our entire Faction would be doing a lot better right now if more people from it were willing to fill this role instead of only following the Zerg everywhere and then AFK'ing for 7-15 minutes for 4 lousy certs.
    • Up x 2