Miller - Server population: imbalanced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fotosynthese, May 13, 2013.

1. Fotosynthese

The current population on the server is unbalanced, and not fun to play.
    At the moment i create this post the server has the following population:
    VS: 24 %
    TR: 51%
    NC: 25%

Even with this massive imbalance, alerts happen and gives free certz for the TR (screenshots while alert is about to end, Was it not something that the alert does not show up if it can not be a "balanced" fight? I should post an bug report that it does not work.):
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

If the population does not increase soon for the other factions ps2 may lose even more players (on the miller server)
    It is already common that vs have ~24% pop and TR and NC more equal to each other but its getting even more imbalanced right now.

Please show some love for the Miller server!
    • Up x 6
  2. Zamos

Lattice will save us .. oh wait it will be much much worse .. hahahaahahah
  3. Flukeman62

who is even on at this time? it's not prime time.
  4. DasHenne

As I already said in the other topic that popped up minutes ago concerning this issue:

It is pretty normal on Miller that the TR has a population of more than the other factions combined during alerts. The VS only very occasionally wins a few alerts and I have never personally experienced that the NC has won a single alert in the last month.
    Sometimes it's fun to fight in the minority against an overwhleming enemy but it is not something that I would consider a good permanent state of the game.

SOE needs to come up with a better regulation of server populations (Even though I openly admit that I have no idea how they should actually accomplish that goal.) or the situation on the server will get even worse with time and one single absolutely dominant faction.
  5. Zamos

i know ... allow more than 50% EXP gain but will not happen cause .... SOE = :eek:
  6. MrK

I'm personnaly starting to switch more and more on VS Miller, provided I see none from my outfit to play with on NC side. not much, but I do my best :)
    Anyway, keep it up VS, you're doing fine on the server
  7. Fotosynthese

I miss the time that Miller was a good populated server :(
    • Up x 1
  8. VSMars

Assuming a modest 80 XP/minute (9600 XP for the whole 2 hours), for an alert you're going to lose fully since you have 15% continent population or less, you actually need 100% XP bonus to compensate.
  9. Keelin

Yeah. It's gone from fairly balanced to bad - to worse.
    I hope something is done about these issues. This doesn't just happen on miller though.
    There are other servers that suffer as much or even more than miller.
  10. Teegeeack

It will be again shortly. I noticed Cobalt has replaced Ceres as the recommended EU server, which presumably means they're working on a rotational basis. Probably Woodman will come after Cobalt, and Miller after Woodman.
  11. Keelin

I fear it might be too late when and if that happens :(
  12. freeze

so in 6+ months?
  13. NoctD

Take a number - the folks on Waterson and Helios have been seeing this for months.

Really surprised to see this happen to Miller actually - its been pretty well balanced overall for a long time.
  14. Teegeeack

Maybe.
    I don't know. How long was Ceres the recommended sever?
  15. McJackson

Strange... Every time I play my TR character on Miller and there is an Alert, it ends up being won by either NC or VS, not TR. Even if there happens to be overpopulation of TR. My TR playtime must coincide with every noob TR, when the competent ones are doing something else.
  16. nella

Woodman was before Ceres, so it should be Miller's turn. Tbh, I'd rather see Cobalt and Miller merge, then rotate Woodman and Ceres as recommended servers for now.
  17. phreec

The Northern Warpgate is the true and only God. Worship him or perish! :eek:
  18. kennonfodder

What happened to Miller? Its rarely full nowadays, unlike Cobalt.
    Only TR increases in numbers, a lot of NC went to Cobalt, VS likewise.

Outfits are not full anymore, ghost capping etc., alerts are a joke as TR win in 99 of 100 cases :eek:

But its ok as long a its not on low, it would help to allow a character server switch from SOE´s side tho.

I guess most players will never touch the game again when they roll with their expensive characters in an empty landscape during rush hours.
  19. AltF4Fun

I know,once you wear spandex you never want to go back.Welcome to the purple side of life
  20. Zitroxious

deduct 100 certs every time a tr logs in, fixed D: