Remove Raven from the Game or make it NS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roarboar, May 3, 2013.

1. Roarboar

A more accurate comparison would be, they have nuclear weapons, we have spears.
    • Up x 1
  2. MasterTater

100% signed - The accuracy - the easiness to use and reytardedly overpowreed dmg per second which comes from the steady stream of laserguided missles pissed by this weapon makes it the most overpowred and most skillfree to use weapon ingame so far - and as always - NC - the faction which . Its a

• double equipable Enigneer rocket turrent
    • Shootable on the move without any limitations of dodging enemies or vision unlike the Phoenix
    • Kills every solider in a double burst (NO OTHER ESMAXAV does that)
    • Kills every enemy vehicle in half the time which the other rocket equivalent weapons need
    • Highest dmg/sec of all Max launchers without dmg degradation on range = 3 times the dmg of the VS Vortex,
      while the numbers on the Vortex are completely fake
    • Highest accuracy with no chance to evade on most vehicles
    • NC exclusive? reytarded you give such an completely broken overpowered advantage to a single faction?
    => Another pay to win toy for the most skillfree and biggest faction ingame
    => Another additional imbalance introduced for skillfree loosers which even now in chat proof that they would kick down factionbalance and honesty in discussions for even the slightest advanatge which they can realise with a 7€ investment
    => Another selfsatisfiying product by which our alsmost only NC SOE Developers and Decisionmakers cater themseld

I considered investing another 20 Euro in planetside to buy some cosmetics, colors, armors, etc. - already had the 20 € paysafe card in my hand BUT when I realized how reytardedly unbalanced the devs try to force people into the cash shop and how fked up the game gets with every consecutive patch then I had the same reaction than the OP

Disgusting how SOE pisses on every paying customer especially on VS side repetitively
    They wont see a single cent from me in the future
    • Up x 2
  3. MrGurrenLemfox

and you wish is my command sir, Raven and fracture ROF have been reduced, Raven now 3 shot to kill and fracture around 5 to 6, and it is on the test server so on the next update it gonna get balanced again.....sadly your double standard kinda make me gigle so remember TR when you whine about NC sir.
  4. MrGurrenLemfox

and you wish is my command sir, Raven and fracture ROF have been reduced, Raven now 3 shot to kill and fracture around 5 to 6, and it is on the test server so on the next update it gonna get balanced again.....sadly your double standard kinda make me gigle so remember TR when you whine about NC sir.
  5. Patrician

lets analyze the situation here:-

A random player is calling for nerfs to a weapon that belongs to the NC, said player does not play......NC. Oh dear!
  6. D-Spirith

If PS1 ever returns as a F2P game i hope not a single COD/BF3 kid ****** will make a nerf/buff thread about any weapon in the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. SenEvason

Yeah, A lot of the threads on these forums seem to be that way.
  8. Dragonblood

As a sniper you have a good view over the battlefield. I 've never seen so many NC Max units spamming missles on top of a tower.
  9. Badname82

Ooh another rearboar thread.

The raven is awful. I ended I going back to double Falcon.

I cant believe all the tears on the raven. The falcon two shots infantry. The falcon shot speed is several times that of the raven. The falcon has Higher Dps.

If you want to guide the shots you end up in the open and taking fire. The falcon allows you fire and pop into cover again.

The fact you are crying about the raven and hacksaws when they aren't even BEST IN THEIR CLASS shows you are just a faction nerf troll on some sad crusade.
    • Up x 4
  10. Lyonid

Fear not. You just have to wait for the standard SOE release process to unfold to completion.

1 - Purposefully release OP weapon
    2 - Allow a couple weeks for Station Cash to roll in
    3 - Nerf OP weapon
    • Up x 2
  11. Sharmanti

Wow.... You're absolutely daft aren't you?

Stationary =/= MAX. End of story. It can move.

48 RPM is A LOT higher than the AV turret. Almost 2 missiles every second. That's a ******* lot. It doesn't need to be set up, so you can fire it instantly, no delays, no setup.
  12. Ash87

Yes, you are obviously a troll, I'm glad we cleared that up.

Now, on to more pressing matters.
  13. Badname82

What? Are you playing the same game?

It does not do anything near the damage of a single AT mana turret. The travel speed is a fraction of the turrets shot speed. You gotta be in the open aiming at the target all the way in so yes you are exposed.

IT IS AWFUL. I could not find anything it could do the that the falcon doesn't do better. Go ahead and burn the forums down with rage. You are asking for nerfs on the wrong weapon. The TR one is way better as well for gibbing infantry.

Your jealously over perceived faction balance is sad. The raven is a gimmick and is simply inferior to the falcon. If you actually used either in a combat situation you'd notice this immediately.

Actually I'm wrong. The raven is better at shooting base turrets. Its more fun to use and has a great animation. There. That's how its better.

In any real combat situation the falcon trumps it. I'm glad I bought the double falcons.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vixxing

1/3 as many VS uses the Glancer as uses the other ESRL (check statistics) VS uses NS AV-turrets instead beacause our ESRL sucks so bad... Solution? Give VS MAX even MORE Glancers but this time give NC MAX dual mobile AV-turrets so VS cant even use NS weapons when their ES-crap suck a ss... GG (i rerolled NC to good luck with population balance)
  15. MasterTater

Dude I am an Vanu player and I will give you some background information on how ****** up the Vortex is compared to the Raven while even the given Data on the VS Vortex weapon description in the cash shop is completely faked wrong - I added some ingame proofen stat corrections in red at the buttom about the Vortex.

-----
    -----
    => DMG comparison NC RAVEN AND VS VORTEX @200m/@300m

DMG/sec = 392 AND DMG/sec 255 // 153
    DMG/min = 23520 AND DMG/min 15.300 // 9.180
    DMG/Magazin = 2450 AND DMG/Magazin = 1020 // 612
    -----
    -----

NC RAVEN:

RoF: 48 RPM
    DMG: 490 dmg per shot
    Magazin: ammo 5
    Mode: Autofire

=> derived DMG comparison NC RAVEN

DMG/sec = 392
    DMG/min = 23520
    DMG/Magazin = 2450

Details of VS VORTEX:

RoF: 180 RPM => 3 shots per seconds BUT reality only 2 shots can be fired per second => 120 RPM
    DMG: 85 dmg per shot @200m AND 51 dmg per shot @300m=> dmg degradation
    Magazin: ammo 12
    Mode: semi

=> Derived DMG for comparison

DMG/sec @200 = 255 ________distance_________ DMG/sec @300 = 153
    DMG/min @200 = 15.300 ________distance_________ DMG/min @300 = 9.180
    DMG/Magazin @200 = 1020 ________distance_________ DMG/Magazin @300 = 612

WHEN WE CALCULATE THE DMG OVER TIME OF THE VORTEX WITH THE TRUE RATE OF FIRE WHICH IS 2 SHOTS PER SECOND AND NOT THE FAKED 3 SHOTS PER SECOND THEN WE CAN REDUCE TRUE DMG OVER TIME OF THE VS VORTEX BY 1/3.
  16. Algernon

The Raven as it sits currently on live, is unfortunately, an op weapon. With that said, changes are already in the wind with nerfs incoming to the fracture and raven on the test server. But the most worrying thing is SOE have once again released weapons that were obviously unbalanced. In this case had balancing concerns raised by many on the test server. And were obviously going to be too effective at infantry farming from the get go. I shudder to think how broken the new max abilities are going to be on their release given the recent track record (having nightmares of a TR max in lockdown spraying a bio-lab with grenade launcher spam).

I can feel for TR and Vanu players with the unimaginative designs being created for their signature weapons. We can only hope SOE takes a little more time to balance and create new content for this game, for the good of all players, before releasing on live. This release strategy they have been following only adds to the player cynicism that the buff-nerf cycle is being affected by the need for income flow as much as balance.

inb4 my ravens/fracture got nerfed, give me my sc back soe!
  17. MasterTater

As long as SOE makes tons of money with skillfree hypocrits which spend 7 € in the cash shop for even the smallest and most short term ingame advantage and completely kick satisfaction of the other factions down the road in the same moment, THEN

Nothing will change.

• SOE will bring out OP weapons
    • SOE will continue to create ingame unbalances to create purchase incentives
    • SOE will continue to piss on every customer which bought the OP weapons by nerfing em afterwards with the new 7 € replacement already in cash shop
    • SOE will maintain their tactic to create problems and offer the 7 euro cash shop cow as problem solution
    OH, and expect this post to be deleted soon, as the Community Manager does not like when players directly address SOE´s deceptive and close to fraud like cash shop machine.

My Claim:

SOE should focus on Cosmetics rather then turning this game into a skillfree pay to win cash shop machine.
    Otherwise everyone would be better off with buying and paying for an aimbot which gives equal advantages
    = replacement of skill which is also given by unbalanced OP weapons.
    • Up x 1
  18. Roarboar

Yes unfortunately thats the way it is. Had the Vanu received the raven instead of the NC, i would also most definitely use it, but i would not be pathetic enough to try to defend how it is balanced on the forums AS IF it isnt going to get nerfed.
  19. TheMercator

Ever tried the Raven? It is absolute crap... You have to unload magazines in any vehicle to kill it and most of the time it flies strait through infantry.
  20. Roarboar

Have you tried the vortex?