The new helmets (pics)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Apr 23, 2013.

1. randalthorr

wtf NC helmet
  2. Megawatt

Yeah, I agree. TR and Vanu get a lot of love in the cosmetic department. Terran's new helmet is badass, and Vanu's helmets always look so streamlined to the rest of the class models. As an NC, I'd like to complain about the look of the Titan and this new GU08 helmet.

In my opinion, the last two helmets for NC don't "fit" the NC models and style. NC are supposed to be the lower tech guys. Blockier, more roughly armored soldiers carrying made-from-scrap but hard-hitting weaponry. A helmet that looks cool but also seemingly 10 years behind the Terran would be more attractive, in my opinion.
  3. Megawatt

Yes! Sorry for the double post but in line with my thoughts (and the thoughts of others in this thread), I think the NC helmets should be simplistic in a fashion, potentially missing some functionality on them winds up giving it more charm. For instance, I like Blacklight's Hunter helm:

[IMG]

Also, the concept art helmet reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 helmet, both of which fit that "raw functionality" look of NC:

[IMG]
  4. Fatalness

The new NC one is right out of Mass Effect 3. Not hating but a good choice I like the helmet
  5. Farlion

I just hope wearing that helmet will not have the same affect on our shooting as it has on Stormtroopers.
  6. Megawatt

Loved it.
  7. Chubzdoomer

I still can't get over how horrendous the new NC helmet is versus how incredibly badass the TR one is.
  8. Cougarbrit

It's pretty silly on any class but HA though, like a massive bobblehead.
  9. Heyitsrobbie1984

now that i saw the NC helmet in all its glory i actually dont mind it :) with camo also
  10. Megawatt

now that i saw the NC helmet in all its glory i actually dont mind i didn't buy it :)
  11. Heyitsrobbie1984

its not that bad is it? lol
  12. Megawatt

Hey, so I hear NC is getting a beret, the complement to the Commissar Hat and whatever the VS get. F-awesome. Totally makes up for this past helmet. Thanks much, SoE.