Reaver Nerfed/Mossie & Scythe Buffed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, May 2, 2013.

1. Spartan 117

• Reaver M30 Mustang AH
      • Damage per pellet reduced from 175 to 150
    • Scythe Light PPA
      • Increased projectile speed from 250 to 300
    • Mosquito M14 Banshee
      • Direct hit damage increased from 140 to 150
    Worst performing ESF nerfed

[IMG]

• Up x 14
  2. SgtBreastroker

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. CHC999

Good. Stupid air shotgun. At least PPA and Banshee is slightly better than they used to be.
    • Up x 7
  4. LoneMaverick

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

SOE? :confused:

SOE. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. Mrasap

You would've had to be delusional to think the airhammer wouldn't get brought back in line anytime soon.

That being said, they should really do something about the reaver gun offset position.
    • Up x 6
  7. Ammathor

The offset was fixed on the Test server.

So it may have gone live, Just have to wait and see..
    • Up x 3
  8. Ketobor

Lets be honest. The PPA change is barely a buff. Its still low enough to be functionally useless for dogfighting and barely changed against ground.

Definate AH nerf and Mossie buff though.
    • Up x 3
  9. Dingus148

You'd be mad to use anything but a rotary on a Mossie though. The Banshee will probably still blow.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ammathor

Banshee's only good against infantry and this just helps it.
    • Up x 2
  11. Tekuila

Woohoo now if only the banshee's spread wasn't like the Vulcan lol.
    • Up x 2
  12. Kapernum

PPA and Banshee aren't viable choices anyway.

I have no idea what's going on in this video, but I haven't been in a situation like that on Miller for months. Maybe Mattherson just sucks, probably what it is.

• Up x 1
  13. Dingus148

As opposed to the rotary which is just as good, or the airhammer which is pure gold? It's still a waste of a weapon slot. They'd need to buff it to 175 odd for me to even consider using it. Otherwise, why wouldn't I just use pods and rotary? Rotary is just as good against ground targets
    • Up x 2
  14. EvilPhd

First you nerf the vortex, then you nerf the mustang.
    WT:eek:
    Thanks for the heads up on that. Now I'll go back to that crappy stock gun. You know that AH wasn't really viable unless you load the crap out of it with CERTS, right?

Seriously SOE , what do you have against dogfights?
    • Up x 2
  15. Drstrangewolf

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    [IMG]
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    [IMG]now see my signature at my shock[IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. HLM

I believe the Air Hammer needed to be nerfed slightly (a gun that's effective against both air and ground. Try taking down air with the Banshee..) but didn't see the need for a buff to the TR and VS. I've never had any trouble killing infantry with the Banshee, that's for sure.
    • Up x 2
  17. WalrusJones

Edit: I am perplexed by this change: I have only seen the Air Hammer once....

By a pilot who gave up with shooting at me, landed right in front of me, and let me fill him with my BR1 T1 cycler bullets, before I destroyed his parked reaver too.....

I don't see how this niche weapon was an issue, regarding its intended A2G role.
    Its AA capabilities were apparently OP.... But.... Honestly, all of the A2G cannons need to be redesigned to be more A2G.

This change also effected prowlers, from what I saw.

And, Hypothetically the Skyguard anti-infantry MG.
    • Up x 3
  18. sindz

Yes, PPA went from bat**** ******** bad to completely useless. What a buff.
    • Up x 3
  19. NDroid

Wow, I had to see it to believe it.. I guess we picked the wrong server eh? ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. DFDelta

PPA deserved it, it was literally the most useless gun you could mount on an aircraft. (That is is still about twice as good as its ground based brother says how useless THAT weapon is...) I guess it will still suck.

Banshee can use the buff, as others said while it is good for its intended purpose its advantage is not great enough to actually use it.

AH... I'm not sure it deserved a nerf. It can be incredibly awesome, but for it to be so it has to gobble up certs like a fat kid gobbles up cheeseburgers. The weapon is a long term investment for actual pilots, not something the guy who flies once in a week uses.
    • Up x 1