Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. Fenrisk

That was a buff but i can see how others might see my shiny latex butt as a nerf.

[IMG]

This 24 hours before every update ^^^^
  2. Adeon

That was the main reason for creating this thread. If SOE want to get the money for Renegade, why not remove the Fury as a weapon for flash (with compensation in the form of certificates) - problem solved.
  3. Kapernum

This topic is more about SoE's business model though. And since more people see the General Discussion forum than this one it's rather easy to draw yet another depressing conclusion.
    • Up x 2
  4. SNAFUS

Well it seems they moved our post from the general to test server. I'm more or less surprised they didn't reomve it entirely.
  5. Fenrisk

Create a thread purely about sales in general and about their business model of putting weapons on sale 24 hours before they get nerfed every single time there's a update.

They can't move that here.... or maybe they can lol
  6. spoono

balancing can not be the reason, all factions do have access to a flash...
    they want to sell the flash shotgun that nobody buys :)

well... lesson learned... don't buy any weapons with SC again
    • Up x 1
  7. PoisonedAl

The buggy is so much fun! I'm going to buy a Vulcan for it the day it goes live!

Oh! You're not going to sell faction weapons for it? Oh well, I'll just stick a Fury on top ins...

Oh! That's getting nerfed into the ground?

You know what? Never f**king mind! You clearly don't want my money Sony, so I ain't going to force it into your hands.
    • Up x 2
  8. SpcFarlen

I dont see what this big fuss is about. Takes three shots to kill infantry with indirect fire. Three shots that could potentially wipe an entire squad. They wanted to move Furys so they are more inline with the Bulldogs TTK, since after all every weapon is a sidegrade of another so realistic TTK should all be the same. Direct damage was also hit because they are meant to be an anti-infantry weapon. Sure you can do some damage to a vehicle, but thats not their intended role.

The splash damage is still there, and still will decimate infantry that are in huddled together. If you want something that will tear apart a single target faster, the Kobalt is a great option. You trade of the AOE splash for more direct damage because its a machine gun.

As someone has probably said "Dont listen to whiners on the forums SOE" and all i see are whiners complaining about a weapon that was the "go to" getting a nerf. If anything is the "go to" weapon, its that way for a reason and expect either it to get nerfed or other weapon platforms to get a buff. Making it less advantageous to get becuase all weapons are meant to be sidegrades.

Its random mate, its in members and there are far more non members. They've put weapons up that got buffed on sale as well, shocking im sure. Each GU they usually do a balance sweep over multiple weapons, the likelihood of one in the GU going on sale is fairly high, especially ones that are available on multiple vehicles.
  9. Fenrisk

The mods have already stated its not random. It's planned in advanced.

At least the last 3 updates have had a weapon on sale 24 hours before the nerf bat hits.
  10. NaySayer

Well, there goes my next project, RIP Mini-InvisiTank
    Its the flash cloaking that needed to be nerfed....
  11. SpaceHobo

Fury: Small splash, Dmg 350, Certs 1000
    Bulldog: Big splash, Dmg 600 dmg [im not exactly sure] certs 250.

Conclusion: This makes no freaking sense.
    • Up x 1
  12. SpcFarlen

Ive not be able to find any post by a mod stating that, used their post tracker too.
  13. Fenrisk

14. TeknoBug

Bull*cough* lol
    • Up x 3
  15. SNAFUS

What?
  16. metrotw

17. SNAFUS

Thank you for the pic Jax was to sleepy to log on the test server last night.
  18. OldMaster80

Come on, we're talking about a vehicle with rumble seat, providing no protection to a driver (that has less that any other class in the game, in the Infiltrator case).
    Instead of nerfing the M-40 Fury they could make Wraith such that it blocks the weapons slot.

Sometimes I've got the impression they FIRST nerf, THEN they think about what they do.

This is not a nerf this is just bu***hit: damage cut by more than 50% on a weapon with 5 ammo size means that now the M40 Fury becomes as useless as all the other Flash weapons. This doesn't make any sense: changes like this should be widely discussed by the community and possibly motivated by the devs team.
    Gratz SOE!
  19. SNAFUS

Ya I couldn't remember the rest of the sale/nerfs that happened since I tend to focus on my ESF ;). Thank you for sharing the other events that took place.
  20. Revel

Well I went ahead and bought it today when I logged in cause I'd been wanting a weapon for my flash. Thanks SOE. I guess every time I want to buy something I have to run to the forums and search to see if its going to be nerfed the next day. Your sales guy is a sleazebag for repeatedly doing this.