Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirSuicide

I agree with this, I've always wondered what the hell are the point of having flashlights as a cert Im pretty damn sure NO ONE certs into them anymore. And their just a wasted cert slot. Because whats the point? Same reason I drive with no headlights on, No point in having them mine as well either:

A. Give us the night back.
    or
    B. Remove headlights, and flashlights completely in favor of something which is actually.. Useful.
    • Up x 6
  2. ebrithil

i don't care whatever they do with flashlights and headlights!
    GIVE BACK THE DARK NIGHTS! ( and give Vanu a bit more glowing parts, there darkpurple and black standard camo is soo hard to see)
    • Up x 2
  3. 0dineye

I think the current night is fine. The ground is too bright and reflective so it really sticks out at night effective canceling the effect. It just needs less bump.
  4. gzero

HELLO SONY, PLEASE; DARKER NIGHTS.
    • Up x 8
  5. Byohzrd

Yes, bring back the Dark Knight... I mean Batman~ erm... I mean darker nights!

And while we're at it let's talk about the possibility of head mounted thermal or IRNV that runs for a short period with a recharge like cloaking or the over shield... that is, if we do get really dark nights.
    • Up x 3
  6. KeyCee

we should all sign up a petition for darker nights! :D
    • Up x 3
  7. Teod

This video was the reason I started playing. It's sad that one os the most compelling features is gone.
    • Up x 5
  8. Jacobbs

Just want to voice my support again for darker nights. Fix NV so that it can't be used in high light situations. Make flashlights somewhat useful.
    • Up x 4
  9. SpaceKing

I'd like to see super-dark night back, but with the addition of throwable flares for grenade slot.
    • Up x 5
  10. technopredator

Well this planet we fight on has 2 moons or we're on a moon, anyway it depends on their realistic orbits and luminance at least is what I'd expect if the devs had actually thought of it realistically.

The downside would be you walking with headlights and flashlights candy for snipers and campers, so eventually nobody would use it unless you're in a fight, so pretty much useless, unless you want to take your chances, but OTOH is realistic that soldiers carry flashlights and headlights and be wise when to use them so it'd add to the realism of the game.

my 2 cents.
    • Up x 1
  11. KlyptoK

That's why they have toggle for on/off so that you can decide when it's a good time to use a flashlight and when it is not.
    • Up x 3
  12. Cordus

Yes please bring it back, night battles were so much cooler
    • Up x 4
  13. ChrisEarth

Darker nights would be nice.
    • Up x 4
  14. NovaAustralis

"My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
    At random from the truth vainly expressed:
    For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright,
    Who art as black as hell, as dark as night."
    – William Shakespeare
    • Up x 5
  15. Tycoh

Bring the darkest nights! Nao! Also give Maxes free flashlights! Its the only class that will benefit from it and survive long enough to use it!
    • Up x 1
  16. Kroova

Never got to play with beta night, but from the videos it looks amazing. Would give flashlights/vehicle lights a purpose as well.
    • Up x 4
  17. Cind3rs

Yes!
    • Up x 3
  18. deggy

YES! YES! YES!

And add night camo for all factions that's a very dark version of their existing colors. Not so dark as to be unidentifiable, but darker.
    • Up x 1
  19. Myka

Fully supporting this. Darker nights would bring some much needed depth to the infantry gameplay, as well as making headlights etc actually useful again.
    • Up x 1
  20. YamiNoTenshi

Ohh what I wouldn't give to hear the cries of bursters at night, 'We're being bombed! Can someone spot the lib/ESF?!?!'

It will also make skyguards better since they can cert NV optics.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.