game freezes on redeploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Louis Farrakhan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esuil

I guess i will try to contact steam customers support to ask them for help in communication with SOE, becouse this forum looks useless, even no response, explanation or advice what we need to do.
  2. Andy79

I am running the game in a window, at least I don't have to reboot the PC this way.
  3. Atra

had a nice chat with support and ultimately may have found a solution.

i did not crash a single time in a ~3 hour session tonight, with some of the most chaotic and heavily populated fights yet (Mattherson TR holding 1 last territory on Indar to keep the cont lock while the entire VS and NC population double teamed us. fight is still going on as i write this).

i tried to make the game crash by redeploying before everything rendered, by selecting multiple locations, etc. - none triggered the crash. what i did notice is that i would momentarily get that "death view" which the game normally freezes on, but then it would return to normal.

the potential fix: open the ports PS2 uses.

opening ports used to be a necessity for online gaming when players hosted servers on their own computers. these days most games, like PS2, use centralized servers.

in order to open the necessary ports on your computer:
    1) go to portforward.com (http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm)
    2) select your router brand
    3) select your router model
    4) select Planetside 2
    5) follow the instructions

i am optimistic but this may have just been an extremely lucky night with no crashes... i will continue to test this when i have some time.

until then, if any of you can try this out, please post whether or not it stops the crashing for you
    • Up x 1
  4. loleator

opening ports? lol it has worked everytime until last patch without doing wierd stuff
    this has to be fixed, it's too annoying
  5. Papio

I'll keep you updated.
  6. Eggsbenny007

I have it. . . . several times yesterday
  7. Dreamspell

Still freezing and opening up the ports on my router did not help.
  8. pada0

I had it fixed on my own via the Vanu warpgate but it fails now after new update.
    Previously the game will always crash when I tried to redeploy from the warpgate.

One of the first methods I tried was to spawn an aircraft and suicide somewhere out of bounds and redeploy after that and it worked.

After sometime I realised all I needed to do was to get into one of those teleporters at the Vanu warpgate and redeploy at the Phalanx turret tower nearby and it worked.

An observation after making these two self fixes is that during the game session, whenever I redeploy I will always get hit with a double loading screen.

Unfortunately after the latest update I am unable to perform the teleporter trick anymore, it crashes when I try to redeploy from the Phalanx tower too.

It's like trying to play a bad game, first I have to get through the log-in screen which randomly crashes when I start up the game, then I have to deal with the redeploy freeze over and over again and try once out of 10 times not to get a crash to finally find somewhere to play. Then I have to deal with server lag and desyncs with everything warping around and skybox glitch after I jump through those hoops.

Probably giving up playing until this gets fixed.
  9. Neutrino

Strangely... after todays patch, it didn't freeze once, in about 4 hours :confused: used to happen on every 2nd to 3rd deploy . the downside is today it took 20 mins for the game to load, and the FPS in large battles sucks for me now.. was decent to good before last patch - but that's already discussed elsewhere. still - I'm cautiously optimistic that I didn't freeze-crash on deploy in many hours :cool:
  10. LazLoe

The only crash bug I had was the lockup on the loading screen after warping. After forwarding those ports (though upnp should be doing the same thing as needed) I have stopped experiencing that lockup.

It looks like there are a couple different crash issues being posted in this thread.
  11. Papio

Looks like, I've opened the ports and disabled anonymous packet filtering but to no avail.

Though on the plus side I didn't crash once before prime time so I still think its an network packet error (fingers crossed its not ISP settup related)
  12. Atra

just to update, i have not had a single redeploy freeze since opening the ports. i did however have one 100% load freeze. it is hard to say whether opening the ports or the recent update are to thank - or maybe some combination of the two. i am glad some other people seem to be having similar good results.

for those of you that have not seen success with opening your ports, it is difficult for me to really say any more without at the very least knowing rough values for your connection (type, download speed, upload speed) and PS2 bandwidth use during various scenarios. to be honest there are too many factors for me to accurately diagnose other people's computers. if you are still experiencing crashing i would suggest sending SOE support your dxdiag, msinfo, net info (ipconfig, tracert, pathping) to their server, and info about your ISP (DL / UL speeds, ping, location, type). if you need help doing any of this just ask them and they can walk you through it

as a final note, once you open your ports, download the program from portforward.com (http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm) that checks if your ports are actually open. this would allow you to rule out any user error when opening ports
  13. bobzebrick

I'm still crashing occasionally on redeploy. I've been playing on and off since launch and this only started happening to me since the "fix" for GU06. It's definitely not a port issue.
  14. Kanzy

I am still getting the freeze on redeploy on live servers, I had a hunch I wouldn't get the same issue on test server for some reason and after finishing downloading the Test server client I found out that I was right, not a single redeploy freeze I just sat here redeploying everywhere on all continents and it never froze once, I just get those double loading screen and am set.
  15. Rulistic

Problem was fixed after the update yesterday. Now SOE pushed another update to day that brought the problem back........F.U SOE
  16. Jezs

I'm still getting it at biolab (only) teleporters, but not on respawn
  17. HadesR

Bump for still going freeze's every few redeploy's .. Maybe if the screen didn't have to load itself twice it wouldn't be an issue
  18. jimredtalon

so hows that seamless game world working out for every one
  19. Virulent0o

Just an update to my earlier post.
    Seems like the latest update fixed the post-death deploy. Can actually respawn after dying :D
    Also Re/Deploying on squad doesn't freeze any more.

I still get occasional freeze when deploying outside of the current hex cell.
    But it seems to be heading in the right direction.
  20. tigz

Just happened to me, also had it done to me a couple of times today. Sad face.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.