Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siddar

You do understand that allot of people average 20 certs a hour in this game and that is 50 hours of play for 1000 certs. 700SC though can be bought for less then $2. This refund is also account wide in that it gives refund to other character not just the purchasing one. So I just logged into my BR 7 and BR 3 character and gained 2400 free certs on each. So the actual gain for me is 150 hours versus $2.

But sense you just clearly said that this is intended in just going to say thank you and go spend my 7200 certs.
    • Up x 1
  2. Frosty The Pyro

there is definatly an error in the refund, My NC got ~560 certs, my TR and VS got nothing. As a note my NC SHOULD have got nothing as well, as I did not double purchase anything. As some people have reported geting as much as 26,000 certs on each character I suspect some book-keeping error occured in how values were tallied.
  3. Puppy

Most weapons cost more SC then certs.
    But 2 Certs were given for every SC. That is a big difference. Not small at all. Add to the fact that these players didn't work for these certs (the reason I play is because that's the only way to get certs) makes this an extremely unfair thing to do. I'm extremely sad they couldn't have just refunded the SC.
  4. Tobax

So just to throw in more confusion I seem to have gotten around 1200-1400 certs or so, not sure exact amount as can't remember how many I had when i logged off, but the thing is I had 0 of the same item bought across multiple characters, so I got them for what?
    • Up x 2
  5. VKhaun

Just logged on to some 8,000 certs... If I didn't think the game was pay to win already I'd probably be calling foul, but since I've been saying that since beta based on cert costs vs time and flexibility in a counter game that plops equipment terminals in front of you at all spawn locations... I'll happily upgrade all my stuffs! :D
  6. Purg

You play only to accumulate certs? Cert accumulation is meaningless to me, I play to fight in battles against other players on other factions. My main had 4000 odd certs that I hadn't spent, now it has 11000 something. Won't change a thing when I log on tonight to play.

I'm one that benefited from paying real money to unlock weapons across multiple accounts - I'm one of the many paying customers that allow this game to continue being developed. I didn't expect to be reimbursed for my multiple purchases, some were raw about it when account wide unlocks were introduced. Reasonable business decision - don't piss off your paying customers if you want them to continue paying.
    • Up x 1
  7. MorteDeAmgelis

I think they reimbursed some people if they had missing items.

I didn't but any dupes cause I didn't see the point but about 3 days ago I lost the ability to use my NS-11A, yet today I got ex-actually 1000 certs. Don't forget Certain Camos, Decals and Ornaments are cross-faction so they may of been also been reimbursed as well as Weapons.
  8. MilitiaMan

Yep, and Smedley/Higby stuck to their word that we would be reimbursed.
  9. Puppy

I didn't think I'd ever have to do this but I find myself in a situation where others and I feel cheated.

Most of you have heard about players recieving certs for buying two of the same weapons on different characters.

I'd like to give a few reasons why this should be rolled back that are important to me (and others):

1) Certs are rewarded for working hard within the game. These were given without the need to work for them like everyone else has to.

2) In the store weapons usually cost more SC then certs. (ex. 250 SC or 100 certs. 1000 SC or 750 certs.) But players were given 2 certs for every SC. (ex. 250 SC for 500 certs. 1000 SC for 2000 certs.)

3) Players knew that SC wasn't going to be given back but devs were looking for a way to refud players. Players knew this and logically thought certs would be given back. But they thought this before the account wide unlocks were released and started purposely buying the same weapons on seperate characters (thinking they would recieve certs later).

Those are the reasons I've found this to be unfair. The reasons I played this shooter compared to other free to plays was because everyone had to work for the certs they gain. They did something to gain them in-game. In this case they didn't. They got the free cert card while we still have to work for everything we get.

I'd like to see what others thing about this and discuss what would be best (calmly please).
  10. Keiichi25

Just to put into perspective the 'inconsistency'...

Majority of the purchaseables are 1000 Cert:700 SC. There are a few 250 Cert:500 SC. So the reason why it seems off is that the 2 cert:1 SC ratio, people got items like the 1000 cert:700 SC, so the return is 400 more Certs on that, and in the case of the 250 Cert cost items (Which would be more of dup ES weapons at times) is 4x more.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I think the other major problem is also how good the record keeping in 'knowing' said people spent SC 'when' as the intention before they did the account wide availability. As some could have spent certs on the same common pool or 'dup' weapon. Now I know with the SC, there is supposidly a record of the transaction, but in the case for me, where I know I purchased the Lightning Skyguard for all three factions and the Annihilator on all three, identifying who was the 'primary' purchaser was. While ideally, it would be better to just reimburse the SC, they may have had a clause statement they had to be forced to make this compromise, because again, people also did purchases with Certs and how do you properly compensate them without having to go through each player/character on an individual basis. The number of players and characters makes that more of a time consuming process and this may have been the closest they got to something they can blanket apply for everyone.
  11. Custodes

I have Auraxium membership, no alts and I got nothing. There are players who can cert the hell out of everything now and it still takes me a while to make certs even with membership. I feel ripped off.
    • Up x 1
  12. Codeak

Pretty sure no one knew they were going to get certs one day.

This is the only option SOE had, they don't want to lose money.
  13. Fuel Truck

This new cert reimbursement system was awfully executed. Undeserving (i.e. purchases NO duplicate weapons) players received anywhere from 500 certs to 30,000. What the hell is going on SOE? How some people get squat and others gets free certs? The CSR reps are telling people (who had not purchased multiple things) that they are "gift" certs from a faulty refund system.

This is ridiculous. I know I'm not the only one who got shafted. This is just insanely unfair to everyone.

IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO WIPE THIS HUGE MISTAKE UNDER THE RUG, AT LEAST INCLUDE EVERYONE.
    • Up x 2
  14. AnotherNoob

I have to say I am rather bummed out about this as well, refunding the station cash would have been fair; as someone pointed out, sc after all is to (allegedly) buy side grades, where as cert points is used to make upgrades. Also with the fairy tales about people getting tens of thousands of certs, and people who got certs that didn't buy a thing, I can't help but to feel suspicious...
    • Up x 2
  15. Puppy

I've talked with players who expected it.
  16. Laraso

I think everyone needs to shutup about this. Everyone is quick to announce that PS2 is now "pay to win", however that is not anywhere close to the truth. It would be one thing if they started offering a service to convert your SC into certs, however that's not what this is. It's reimbursement for the players who spent more money on a single weapon than they should have. While the amount of certs they gained might have been a bit too high, it's a one time thing and this will never happen again in the future so I fail to see what the problem is.
    • Up x 5
  17. Rhyl

It's actually worse than many people think. Many weapons you can buy with certs or sc. These people got a refund in certs. These certs went on not one but every character. These people can now drop say 20,000 certs into their main character and if they have a bunch of alts they can use 1000 certs to buy weapons.. using each alt. Say they have 2 alts. This means with 20,000 certs they can buy 40 weapons at 1000 certs each. So if they bought 20000 certs worth of duplicates they now get 60,000 worth certs back. This isn't a refund. It's over compensation.

They could have at least gave them on their highest level char. Spreading it equally among each char means they got overcompensated.
  18. Bill Hicks

They did work for them. Real money, get a job work. Who cares anyway?
    • Up x 1
  19. NateTronic

Ya i talked to some people who didnt buy squat on their other chracters and got certs.......after paying a decent chunk of change for this game i would also like some "gift" certs
    • Up x 1
  20. Astealoth

pff i wish i knew which item was bugged and had bought it yesterday :p

but really, what do you want them to do? it's a nightmare to delete the certs as probably most everyone who got bugged certs spent them by the time they design a fix, it's not really easy to just intentionally give big handouts to every single player in the game. it's not really worth dwelling on. some people got a nice boon, why not say congrats to those who won and move on? xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.