Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrimReaperTPF

Bump... this has to happen... and it cant take much work one would imagine since it was already in game
    • Up x 7
  2. LanceHavenbay

They would have to do another pass on each map and relight indoor/outdoor changed since beta. Still: Totally worth it.
    • Up x 1
  3. LanceHavenbay

Not that I am working for a major organization such as SOE, but I would like to add some things that the community can understand and relate with:
    -Night requires more team play than daytime. Spotting targets is even more important, as is smoke.
    -Night requires you to spread your attack front in order to prevent enemies from walking straight through your lines.
    -Night helps to reduce lib/tank spam in several ways: It obviously lowers the visible range of weapons with/without optics. On top of that, I can guarantee you that if I see the glowing vertical thrusters of a liberator inbound to my position, I'm going to call it out.
    -Night helps to alleviate many of the 'functional' issues that you as developers have been struggling to nerf/buff your way through. Though there are many times that I have been very unsatisfied by how you handled balance in this game. (Such as reducing damage, reload and fire time... rather than reducing effective ranges for shotguns and other weapons. Among various other issues.*) Your map/meta-game improvements have overall, been much better with each progressive pass.

My friend and I swear we are seeing new lights popping up on Indar. Either flood lights are stronger, or there are new light cones. Either way, I hope this is a prelude to darker nights, rather that just being a figment of our imagination.

I beg of you to add darker nights to the public test server sooner rather than later. If you want this game to succeed as an Esport, you need to keep/introduce competitive elements. Not remove them to comfort a casual playerbase. I am all for keeping the revenue associated with a casual base.

Let me tell you something though: Most people would rather have an awesome strategic battle that spam bullets at their enemies. Casual and competitive players alike.
    • Up x 6
  4. Emotitron

I would actually propose a lunar calendar of sorts, where the really dark nights only happen every few cycles.
    • Up x 12
  5. Sworaven

Nice!
    • Up x 3
  6. EvilPhd

Awesome.
    Please do.
    • Up x 3
  7. TheTreeness

Agreed, dark nights please, tired of nights in most FPS games not actually being dark.
    • Up x 7
  8. r1stormrider

This would be great, one of the most memorable experiences of early PS2 in BETA was the dark nights, and now with the public test servers we could have more feedback from players who werent around so early.
    • Up x 5
  9. Le_Fou

Maybe change the price of the flashlight, 100 certs is damn to much expensive!
    • Up x 3
  10. bNy_

This game will nor can't be part of e-sport. It's core design wont allow it.
  11. LanceHavenbay

That is what it has been designed for from the beginning. Also, I beg to differ. Nothing is preventing outfit vs. outfit battles on instanced zones. (As is already planned.)
  12. bNy_

F2P P2W does
  13. arby1990

PLEASE BRING IT BACK
    • Up x 3
  14. ebrithil

i think the nights have already darkened up a bit lately.
    • Up x 1
  15. Reposite

need it to be darker, still. lol it'd be fun!
    • Up x 3
  16. ebrithil

we need it nearly pitch black XD

no seriously, make it darker yes! i want to buy IR/NV scopes for my weapons.. because now it just got attacted to my 1x or 2x red dots..
    • Up x 5
  17. E-Fuze

They should make it 30 certs if they bring back Beta Night, otherwise it should be 1 cert, since there isn't any dark areas in PS2.
    • Up x 2
  18. spacyman

Bump. Everyone wants this and no one hates this. MOAR BUMPS
    • Up x 2
  19. Kevin12

Bump We need this!
    • Up x 2
  20. Sworaven

At the moment night just feels like heavily clouded daytime. Night-time needs to feel as if it's actually night.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.