[NC] WASP Inc [Miller-EU]

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Core, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Bad News

Hi i played with you guys in APB before it was closed. Too bad i'm TR on miller :p
  2. MajorZbug

Great fun playing against you guys tonight on Esamir. Harder game = better game, always the case with you. See you around !
  3. Arch

Good fight at Jagers crossing last night, but BATTLE BUSSES ARE OUR IDEA get your own :p
  4. Ulysees

Some very good fights yesterday on Esamir, it is great to see the progress that all outfits are making these days now that we have some veteran players in the mix, makes the fights a lot more even and unpredictable so much more fun when you have to play well all the time to get a result.

We don't use battle buses they are BANG buses and a totally different concept that is a strategy we have made up ourselves and introduced into our squad play with absolutely no outside influence about getting destroyed by a certain outfits clever use of a mobile fire support platform, honest! ;)

Looking forward to more awsome battles on Miller with WASP in the near future, don't know why but the game has been a lot of fun again the last few weeks, maybe because vehichles are not such a dominating force at the moment but whatever the reason outfit v outfit fights are getting to be a real challenge these days and that makes me very happy.
  5. Verinas

We have been using them for a long time, its only recently that tanks have begun sucking that they started to shine for real, and we call them Bang Busses :)
  6. Arch

Pesky Smurf's stealing our ideas ;)
  7. Neonin

Friendly bump from the Clubbers!
  8. Frozn

One Goon just dropping in, memorizing the glorious battles we had during beta. I miss those days ;)
  9. Ulysees

Our numbers are getting back up slowly so who knows maybe soon we will be fielding platoon strength off night squads to take you guys on with just like the old days!
  10. Frozn

Let's hope so! I even recommended a school friend of mine a few months back to join you guys since he didn't want to switch to TR(he did i think, don't know his ingame nick :p). I would also recommend you guys to any loner NC, we need to have our nemesis back in their full force! :D
  11. YamiNoTenshi

You need to start recruiting the crippled, the broken and the dying! I hardly ever see you guys around anymore :(
  12. Ulysees

We are still around a lot, normally have a couple of squads running each night but it's definately not the same as the good ol' days when we were raising chaos on Auraxis with 6 squads at launch. The good thing is that new recruits are tending to stick with the game these days so we are growing again after a scare period just after christmas where we only got a couple of squads some nights for Ops.
    I don't want us to be massive because thats hard to manage and stay effective but I'll settle for a platoon on off nights and 2 platoons for Ops, that will do nicely!
  13. Phosphoros

Hopefully someday soon, us in WASP will get a FNO episode, and than we can also return the shout out for you guys in BRTD :)
  14. YamiNoTenshi

Remember to tell us if you get picked so we can have some awesome fights to show :D
  15. PeaSum

We will! Promised. But afaik we are not even on the list yet due to the ridiculously late hour of the FNOs.
  16. Verinas

Yup, WTB FNO at "normal" hours.... i guess sony dont like those hours tho.
  17. YamiNoTenshi

We weren't on the list either, the outfit that were supposed to be featured pulled out for some reason and they asked us, it may happen to you too :D
  18. Ulysees

Saturday night was Last Man Standing - 1 squad of WASP, no spawn solution except squad leaders beacon and medic revives hunting out enemy squads/platoons to see how long we can keep a squad alive for. This session is very hit and miss with either epic fights or fast wipes and we had a fun fight at Freyr Amp where we almost single handedly capped the facility when at the last second an enemy platoon showed up and we put up a great fight and last a lot longer than I thought we would around the cap point but a mass crash down the lifts after we had already used all our consumables finally finished us off. We then redeployed to the traverse and stopped a TR cap initially however they had 2 sunderers not 1 and though we managed to kill 1 Sundy we couldn't get the other one down fast enough and the squad was over-run. Not to be deterred we loaded into a GAl and headed back, right into the lap of an enemy armour push so we holed up in the building at the end of the bridge and prepared our last stand which was not long in being delivered goddam HE shells!

Sunday night was Advanced Infantry Training night - Taking a team of players who all had specific roles and loadouts certed for max effectiveness and again looking for tough fights. We certainly found one at Chimney rock where an enemy platoon were entrenched and WASP tried to winkle them out. For about 20 minutes we were vastly outnumbered and since this was an infantry session and the enemy wasn't bound like we were facing tanks and air we were also outgunned but we kept on trying and the TR didn't want to cap and leave while they were having so much fun fighting us until eventually an NC zerg arrived to support and after the end of an hour fighting over the base it was eventually capped for the NC. We then did a last stand at Granite Valley Garrison against the Vanu, stopping their intial cap of the base before RPS dropped a couple of Gals on our head, but since we had already killed the vehichle terminals this wasn't a big setback, then a few magriders arrived, then some scythes then some more GALs then DIG and DWG showed up and by the end of the fight though we received some late re-inforcements from CONZ we had been facing enemy platoons with a single WASP squad for the majority of the fight and while I won't claim we were even close to holding them off they didn't succesfully lock us into the Spawn and we got some recaps of the A point at least to slow them down.

Monday night was Behind Enemy Lines - 2 squads of WASPs dropped at equidistant points of the map from the NC warpgate on Amerish and then it's a race to make it back to safety. Rules are no vehichles, no respawns apart from hacked sunderers or spawn beacon and if the squad wipes you have to GAL drop to the closest safe point to the wipe and carry on. Any base you pass through you have to hack or destroy all the terminals before continuing. First race took about 20-25 minutes and Bravo team emerged triumphant and had the pleasure of slaughtering Alpha team as they trudged towards the warpgate. Take 2 saw us doing a lap of the outside of the map, not the greatest idea we ever had as it took nearly 2 hours to finish the damn race and this time it was Bravo who lost the race but that was because they ran through pretty much the entire frointline between Vanu and TR and while alpha were ******** about the lack of action Bravo were engaged in multiple firefights to the last man for the first hour before getting the lesuirley marathon run to finish up with. This session needs some work to be fun all the time as there was too much downtime with nothing happening but us running around empty areas but has a lot of potential to be fun in the future.

Want to do more than just fight for your faction? Drop us an app today and join the fight for the NC http://wasp-inc.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Miller

WASP NEEDS YOU!
  19. Emitz Devil

Looking for a good outfit? Team play? Tanks? Air? Kick-*** infantry fights? Join your neighbourhood WASPs, extremely good outfit!!
  20. Bvenged

I've not posted here yet, so here I am. I wasn't asked, pushed or encouraged to write this, I just feel that it's the right thing to do as a newbie to WASP and the game in general.

This is my time with WASP so far and what potential applicants or interested players could expect should they join WASP too:

I joined up with WASP less than a month ago, with 2 weeks game time under my belt, and got accepted due to my ability to work as a team and prior leadership skills across other games (not necessary, but nice to note). I was a crap player at the time in terms of killing and understanding game mechanics - Now I can confidently say this is no longer the case: I can play well and pull my own weight, I support the team efficiently and effectively (and entertainingly), I now know the game like any other and have learned so many useful tips and tricks, not to mention the fact that I have even taken a shot at leading during an inter-outfit NCTO operation successfully with good feedback from the squad.

Signing up to an outfit can be quite intimidating, particularly one with a reputation such as WASP's, but I went ahead and did so anyway. I want to say right now: Don't feel intimidated. Its professional teamspeak layout and reflected playstyle is easy to slip into for the most part, and incredibly engaging and rewarding to be apart of too. Off-peak, there's no harm in playing casually by yourself or with friends outside the outfit, and you don't get pressured into playing with the outfit either if you don't want to during peak-times (though it would be far nicer if you did!). You're only expectation from WASP in attendance is you attend the weekly operation, but you won't be cast out if you can't make it a few times.
    There are only 3 requirements to applying to WASP:
    - You're over 18;
    - are willing to communicate with a microphone;
    - and that you'll download TeamSpeak 3.0.

Also, joining WASP's chat channels and fitting in with their operation and session command structure for the first time can be daunting to some, but none of those things are in reality. After submitting your application, if successful you will be accepted into the outfit as a probationer for 1 month. One of the officers will post to your application instructions to set up TS and what you need to do next, as well as granting you forum rights (Ulysees accepted and instructed me at this stage). As a probationer you'll be monitored on your gameplay, teamwork and communication. A fundamental lack in any of these will see you cast out, but it's really not asking for much. It's asking you to show:
    - The absolute basics of gameplay (you drop ammo when someone requests it, you pull a max when asked, you move when told to);
    - reasonable teamwork (change class/pull a vehicle/drop from a gal/revive someone when asked);
    - and confidence to speak up (callout enemy positions you seein X direction, offer revives or to pull a sundy, etc).

Once you got TS working as best you can, you'll load it up and introduce yourself to the chat lobby. Chances are there'll be an officer online to greet you, but most members are aware that unfamiliar names are new recruits and so you'll be treated extra-nicely (not that you ever won't be!) - nobody snaps at you if you've got something wrong, and the first lobby you enter is a place for the AFK, extremely casual play and the friendly banter, so you're not interrupting anything when you do join it. You will be spoken to by an officer at this point (Eminent tutored me) who will move you to a private lobby whilst they cover once again what WASP is, what they expect of you, what you can expect from them, how you'll fit in, what WASP does weekly, set up the TS overlay and if you have any questions. Any problems with the TS are ironed out and you'll be invited to the in-game outfit here as well. To round this initiation off I was given a quick practice of the red-comms/blue-comms setup WASP uses and an explanation of how and why it's used. If leading's your thing, at a later date you'll be shown the situational Leader Comms for command communication between Squad Leaders and Platoon Leaders.

After that you're a part of WASP!
    Probationers are treated as equal members, can suggest operations, lead squads and participate in most sessions. The only difference is that your performance is monitored and evaluated for review.

One month later and I'm getting certs left, right and centre, I am playing to a WASP standard, I know I'm helping WASP make an impact for the NC and that I'm a participant in the great fights we have with our respectful foes across the opposing factions and outfits. I have learned so much from WASP, enjoyed myself so much more and have become such a better player because of them; Simply put I am having so much damn more fun in PlanetSide 2 than playing solo or in public platoons... in fact, I wouldn't even play it if it weren't for WASP.

So what are you waiting for? Come join us!