Hardcore Servers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ClubberLaing, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ClubberLaing

I just want to see if there is any interest in something like this.

Limited HUD
    No 3rd person view for vehicles
    Increased bullet damage or decreased player health.
    3x headshot multiplier.

thats just a rough starting point but
    Something along those lines anyways

Back when i used to play lobby based shooters i would always play hardcore mode. I realize the TTK is already low in this game but personally i like that....keeps me on my toes.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
    • Up x 3
  2. khai

Your a troll right saying that on this forum you must be a troll.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bankrotas

COD is right through that door where your butt is pointing.
    • Up x 2
  4. Radioactive Pirate

But this isn't a lobby based shooter.
    • Up x 1
  5. Snarky

I would add a few more things. If you play on one of these servers and die, it erases all your characters, confiscates your SC cash, and deletes your account. You got to be hardcore right? Death is death.
    • Up x 21
  6. Phyr

Limiting the HUD is such a pointless hardcore feature.

YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR AMMO! SO HARDCORE!

Hardcore is about having less health to shorten TTK, and reducing some situational awareness.
  7. TintaBux

It's a arcade shooter.
  8. smokemaker

Do not support.
    It will split the community.
    I would play hardcore, but many others would not.
    I do not believe we currently have a healthy enough population to further split server populations.
    • Up x 5
  9. rayvon

For me Hardcore is not just hard enough, we need a harder version, maybe one that simulates handicaps, like you can play as a guy with no legs that cannot move, or a guy with no arms that cannot shoot, you could choose to play deaf, dumb or blind too.
    Maybe even a ultra ultra hardcare for the end game where you have no limbs at all and you have to roll about from base to base.
    I think that would be better, im much more hardcore than the OP !
    • Up x 7
  10. treeHamster

Real guns don't have ammo counters on them. Even clips just have like "full", "1/2" and "oh sh*t I'm out" openings on the mags. You can't even see the mags unless you pull them from the gun to check it (not that takes a lot of time).

I remember the old Rainbow Six games (before Rainbow Six 3) where if you reloaded with a partial mag, it'd get put to the back of the rotation and your mag count wouldn't change. So once you were done with the other mags, you'd come back to the partial to use. Now THAT was hardcore. There was no such thing as "ammo pool", just number of mags. Then again you also had various movement speeds based on if you were hit and how badly hurt you were. Almost forgot that if you got shot, your min CoF could increase and if you were barely alive, your CoF would be totally jacked. Damage was also much more random as you could easily get killed by .45 cal pistol round as you could by an 7.62 mm round from a Dragonov. Ah the good old days when games were SIGNIFICANTLY more complicated in their game play and mechanics with simply visuals.
    • Up x 5
  11. Phrygen

i already played this game in hardcore mode for awhile.

I would play till my character got killed AND THEN DELETE IT

Anyway.... it was fun for awhile... but i don't do it anymore. There are still about 10 left over "phrygens" in the api files though.
  12. thrikerr

And not a single fun was given that day.
  13. Krayus_Korianis

If you want Hardcore, you also want permadeath too. It's only natural that the two would be combined.
  14. Fligsnurt

You have to be kidding right? The TTK is so low as it is that a "hardcore" server would be absurd to play on, its already bad enough that there are weapons that have TTK faster then you can respond, in that situation you might as well making it ArmA with a Planetside skin and call it good. I honestly can not agree with this and feel that the current gameplay is more akin to "hardcore" then a "normal" type game.
  15. WalrusJones

True hardcore gameplay would have increased health levels, and worsened weapon handling......
  16. Liquid23

pffft that's baby cry ****... I played this game so hardcore every-time I died I deleted the entire game off my computer then set my computer on fire and threw it off of my roof...

I would still be doing it if the neighbors hadn't called the cops and complained after one of my flaming towers landed on their cat
    • Up x 5
  17. DeadLamb

It's more about the lack of killcam (for games that have that), radar, spotting and everything else in games to balance sniping. Being all of that stuff -off- really rewards a turtle like game play. Oh people act they want hardcore mode to do this tactical like blah blah blah with lower TTK and head shot this and that.

the reality is most end up laying 5 deep on some hill/bush/window area sniping. Killing with body shots to the toe/arm and using the really low TTK kill someone who flanks them with pistol spam by again, shooting an arm/toe. Hardcore mode might as well be called with it really is "sniper vs sniper mode".. I get why people like it but it has no place in this sort of game IMO.

after all PS2 is a future tech sort of game so stuff like the radar, spotting and heads up display makes sense given the tech level of everyone in the battle.
    • Up x 1
  18. Robes

Bunch of teenagers in this thread.
  19. Liquid23

we already mount things like the boomerang gunfire detection countermeasure on Humvees... even when you are driving in a noisy vehicle in bad weather the sensors can pick up a sniper shot made at you and both visually and audibly tell you the direction it is coming from while the computer displays the shooters range, elevation and azimuth... hell a few years ago they already began issuing some IGD (individual gunshot locators) small and light (2 lbs) enough for soldiers to carry personally in the field which do the same thing... they are already being planned and tested to be integrated into helmet mounted GPS mapping display systems as well for both the Land warrior and Nett warrior systems
  20. Rhinzual

B-B-B-B-BLOODY SCREEN! SO REAL!