The New Flash Physics are Ridiculously Horrible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Gisgo

With racer chassis 3 you can explode at a higher speed.
    • Up x 8
  2. skoorviel

I have a level 2 chassis that improves traction. No problems with flipping anymore.
  3. Bill Hicks

The game just has bad physics, and horrible vehicle control. Atleast BF 3 made the vehicles fun to drive.
  4. woooow

I actually did that a few times back before I was old enough to realize that sometimes surviving really hurts

rolled quite a number of things actually

I kind of like the flash just fine, its always fun to see whether I will die by accident before I die on purpose.
    • Up x 1
  5. Veri

Seems like there is little weight on front of the Flash compared tot he back now.
  6. Torok

yeah but i mean, you jump off the flash before you crash it (in game) and since you're unharmed you then then proceed to turn it again, almost every game with a Quad let's you turn it when crashed and they won't explode that easily, i repeat, it should take damage but not FREAKING EXPLODE like that
    sometimes i might spawn a flash, drive for a few hundred meters, and right before crashing i just leave the vehicle the moment before it explodes,

not to mention when you want to park it near a building and if you happen to leave the vehicle while it's still moving it will try to CLIMB the building/wall in front of it resulting in almost certain destruction every time!
  7. MadRon101

Yeah I hadn't been playing much lately and just last night died on my flash about three times in terrain I really wasn't expecting it to flip.

You're right, it's BS.
  8. Bill Hicks

My favorite is the game decides to add all the physics at the end of any turn so you spin out.
  9. THUGGERNAUT

can we get a "roll-cage" cert so we can survive and flip flashes back over? they can't be that heavy if they're so easy to flip.
    • Up x 1
  10. MajorDonkey

I posted about this in the vehicle boards, I really really agree with all of you on this one. I used to have the most exciting moments on the ATV now its like every-once in awhile I have an epic moment because 90% of the time now I go 10 yards or 20 yards off a ramp and i just hit the ground and explode instantly where as before I was hitting huge ramps flying hundreds of yards over tanks and doing backflips and all kinds of other fun things and I'd hit the ground, I'd take damage but I'd be engineer and just repair myself. As a person who spent money on this game to add Fury and several cosmetic features to my Flash it makes the game really not all that fun for me anymore. I like the passenger idea, but I really feel they screwed up bad on the atv during that patch. The roll cage idea is hilarious and a very good idea. Another idea I thought of was to add a cert for soft landings that replaces scrapper and racer speed chassis slot, or possibly the vehicle stealth slot.
  11. Zan_Aus

I haven't used my Flash much recently but I was diving along some sand in North Indar and I'm bouncing about. I think, "wth?! Did my loadouts become undone? Flash is pretty stable with certed options"

I guess this would explain why it feels like my chassis certs arent working anymore.
  12. Liquid23

I drive my flash constantly and have had no problems...
    • Up x 1
  13. FreelancePanic

All of my Flash-based stories end too often with 'and then I suddenly exploded'.
  14. GSZenith

meh my best flash moment was like 1-2days into the game, i crashed through a doorway did a loop in the air, exit the vehicle killed someone just as my flash smashed into the other one, must be seen to believe
  15. blackboemmel

i'm absolutely fine with the flash as it is.
    it should not be able to cross offroad territory by keeping the W-key constantly pressed. use the S-key from time to time!
    "in reality atv's don't explode blabla!" right. in reality you also can not respawn after being killed. (at least not into the same battle.)
    what this explosion tries to explain to you is something like this: "you made a driving error. now you can't use this vehicle anymore."
    what you can do (very unrealistic) instead of exploding with your flash in those situations is: jump off!

or get a better frame and up-cert it.
    (hint: the racer frame is not the right choice if you have problems not to explode on a stock-flash.)
  16. Adamar09

It used to be impossible to blow the thing up with surger 3 before the update. It was amazing.

Frame doesn't help for jack-schitt anymore.
  17. Bindlestiff

For me, at least 2 vehicles have been screwed in the last update. The Flash explodes at the slightest non flat contact, and my Magrider has a 50% chance of tapping a wall at < 5mph and exploding.

Don't even get me started on our vehicles exploding the instant they are tipped. What is that all about? How about these gigantic machines just land on their roofs, and we get out? Or did someone in NS deliberately design a self destruct button on the roof?
  18. TintaBux

It's awful now :(
  19. Nimbat

As a professional flash-racer I will now share with you an elite tip.

When you are in the air, pressing the brake-button will force the flash to descend, much like pressing C when you're flying.
    You do this when you notice that your flash is starting to tip either backwards or forwards in a jump.

Sure, pressing the brake button will "cancel" your epic jump by making you descend very quickly, but atleast you increase your chance of survival by roughly... 5%

There you go. Enjoy!
  20. Cryless

yep, flash physics should be improved