So the jackhammer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sempars

I like those! So stupid HA uses a small pump shotgun when we have access to those Heavy weapons.
    • Up x 1
  2. Frosty The Pyro

Jackahmmer and the Mattock both did 112 per pellet.

lets be fair, the jackhammer is not a horrible weapon, its an inferior weapon. There is a difference. Jackhamer is still a shotgun, and it will beat non-shotgun weapons in the situations other shotguns would. Its just undeniably worse at it than the other shotguns.
  3. Pinyon

MCG needs not only that but, to follow the design that even the icon displays for it. As of right now, the MCG looks like the dumbest weapon ever designed imho. It should be totally revamped and put back to its former glory; like being held as an actual minigun and looking like one.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheUprising

Switch to another faction and come back, my VS char has a much much much higher K:D ratio for instance.
  5. Jaes

Only thing I've noticed is that their weapons are a helluva lot easier to use and simply "switching" wouldn't create a unbiased new experience for me since I've played the hardest to learn faction since release day and know the game thoroughly. I started with negative and barely positive K/D, now I'm getting 1.8-2.5 K/D with NC infantry weapons.
  6. TheUprising

And have higher dps and less uncontrollable bloom per second, making them less random.
  7. Rom

Yes, the Jackhammer did get nerfed. The cone of fire is about twice as big, and the rate of fire is slower.

Before the Jackhammer nerf, I was averaging 5:1 kill/death ratio. Now I'm getting 1:5 kill/death ratio. Throwing dirt at enemies is more effective than using the Jackhammer.

Bravo devs, bravo...
  8. TeknoBug

JH IS OHK up close but to the head.
  9. MilitiaMan

Munroe is always HA, I never really see him as anything else.

He is also very good with the JH but after using it as pretty much the only infantry weapon it isn't saying much.

Also, he is pretty much always online ;D
  10. TeknoBug

Yes I noticed the COF is huge now with the JH, which makes no sense because the JH"s specialty before the patch was having a tighter cone of fire over the other shotguns.

PS- Munroe already has 784 Phoenix kills. :eek:
  11. TeknoBug

Wow look at this after today's patch
    [IMG]

PS- they turned the TR MCG into a sniper LMG lol
  12. Radec594

Haven't tried my post-GU6 T7 in combat yet, but I've equipped it once and noticed they made the circle crosshair a lot bigger.
    Perhaps they have only highered spread, but I'm not sure; I've always been able to burst-snipe with my MCG.
  13. MuNrOe

Hi,
    [IMG]
    Next step 20k (I have talked to some dev's at adding some award for getting 20k kills with any weapon hopefully they put that in).

I use this weapon to play the game on hard mode. I figure whatever weapon I use will get nerfed thats why to keep things on a level playing field so you can at least have a chance at killing me. While frustrating at times especially when im pumping 10 shots into a jumping heavy followed by a full load of rebel rounds its creates a challenge.

I like challenges.

I have talked to Dev's about how to make this weapon more effective for the vast majority of gamers ("More ammo in clip 10 standard 14 exteneded" same damage specs ect). But your average gamer will hate this weapon because of its large learning curve. That and you really need to hunt your enemy's down rather than just "oh i see you spam dead" T9Carv Style.

I will Never give up this weapon as it was the core of NC in planetside 1. It was then and still should be now. I like when people acknowledge this weapon as lethal in the right hands. Just cant bring myself to use anything else. I guess 9 years of becoming accustomed to playing with shotguns and 15 years total of gaming you learn player behavior, this makes for a win win scenerio . But as most people know its pretty easy to kill me if you know what your doing. But when im backed into a corner I suggest you steer well clear of me.

Is it a **** weapon - Answer - Yes
    But any weapon is only as good as the person who is behind it.

The new change to the sight reticule on this weapon is nice and allows for more accurate aiming.

Wisenhunt moo is still waiting on his moo cannon.

http://www.thepraetorian.enjin.com/home

[IMG]
    Part of ARA Alliance.

Peace people see you on the battlefield (Connery)
  14. Clonecenter-resident

I just tested this in the VR and while yes, the reticle is very small, the actual shot pattern is not. At this point I don't know which is intended and which is the bug. Also, the reticle adjusts as you move, crouch, sprint, jump, etc. ADS'ing makes it just a single dot. It's too bad the pellets don't match the reticle, that would be a fix that made the jackhammer worth using.

Edit: I think I know what is going on. There are two values, CoF, and "pellet spread" It seems like the CoF is rolled first and determines where the centerline of the shot is going, then the pellet spread acts like a secondary CoF and determines where each pellet goes within that cone. The reticle is showing us the primary CoF so if you ADS with a jackhammer it will center every pellet spread cone on the spot you are aiming at. The pellets still go all over the freaking place but you can at least make sure they are all going around your target and not all off to the left for example.

I think the jackhammer might actually be a really good weapon with just some tweaks to it's pellet spread, bring it down to say 1.0 or 1.5 and it might actually be dangerous.

The MCG is doing the same thing and it's bullets ARE following the reticle size. ADS'ing with the MCG right now is also just a single point dot on your screen. Firing at the target walls all the rounds seemed to be landing within the circle reticle AND the reticle expands/contracts based on your current CoF. (gets bigger while firing, shrinks while not etc.)

The lasher seems unchanged but ADS feels better than it used to. Going to need to check the data again to see if anything changed there.

Just tried it with the piston, it is doing it as well. Seems like they changed the traditional "circle" reticle to be adjustable now and show your current CoF.
  15. ShayeUK

pellet spread with increased for the autos as well as pellet damage decrease.

My guess is the 2nd shotty will be here at end of month, why buy it if your shotgun was still viable?
  16. TestyVenom

The reticule was changed, but I don't think the spread was changed. Feels the same to me. Looks the same when I shoot a wall. Maybe the range was changed?
    • Up x 1
  17. Pikachu

I haven't noticed any change to the jackhammer. It almost seems to shoot a tiny bit faster than the mauler.
  18. Zoner

The only thing truly wrong with the jackhammer is the magazine size. It should be 12 shots standard, 15 extended.
  19. Charlychop

i just tried my chaingun, and although i dont feel many changes i think the CoF was slighly reduced for ADS. i just bought this gun 2 days ago, and not they buffed it. awesome xD
  20. infinite loop

It does - 250 vs 225