Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. willowstyle

lol so right
  2. Puppy

If the AV Turret doesn't get nerfed then the AV turret is stronger in every aspect.

The AV Turret can hit long range targets that are moving because you can adjust where it's projectile is. While the Lancer has a much faster projectile speed that doesn't matter if it still has to lead it's target. There is a lot more room for error (tank stopping right when you fire, starts to move, which happens a lot).

The AV turret is stupidly strong for it's unlimited range (and accuracy as mentioned above). It does the same/more damage then a dumbfire.

The Time it takes the projectile to hit it's target is a little longer then the Lancers charge time, except it does a lot more damage and has unlimited ammo.

Overall: AV Turret has more damage, accuracy, and ammo.

All this is after hours of use and feedback of each weapon. (After 3/23/13 Lancer fix update.)
  3. Doodles89

If SOE reads this:
    1. If you want to keep the HORRIBLE range drop off, you must INCREASE the damage! it's weaker than an S1, it's terrible.
    2. If you don't want to increase the damage, you have to INCREASE the range. It tickles the rear of a tank at any range thats further than the range of a default's, yet this is supposed to be a sniper rocket launcher.

Either lower the range drop-off, or increase the base the damage. Probably not both. But if you do both, then do them both in extremely small amounts.
  4. SneakyTouchy

COF should be 0
    Damage drop off should not exist.
    • Up x 3
  5. PartNinja

I was waiting until the small update to make my comments. My only issues with the Lancer are:

1) It seems I can rapid fire the 6 shots and do the same damage as two charged shots. The issue with this is dumping the mag with single taps is MUCH faster than doing the charged shots. Charging shots is a key feature of this weapon, and it is pointless do so. A full charge should do MORE damage than 3 single tapped shots since I am spending more time to do so.

2) When charging shots, the counter will often stop at 1 (sometimes 2), fully charge up (you hear the 3 levels) but only do 1-2 charges worth of damage (This seems to be confirmed by the fact that 3 rounds were not removed from the magazine).

3) Maybe I'm just not used to it yet, but the velocity could be faster. I might also be assuming these launchers are supposed to be a general purpose AV/AA gun. I can't seem to hit non-hovering ESFs. This might also help with damage degradation over range?

Fix these two things and it will be fine. I want it to do more damage than the S1 dumb fire on a full charge, but the accuracy and speed is the balancing factor, which is why I would prefer the Lancer.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kookamunga

It Is now officially known as the ..................

Wait for it ...............................

The " GLANCER " :eek:
    • Up x 7
  7. Doodles89

The accuracy only got "fixed" in this newest patch. But the range drop off negates any accuracy and speed which are both factors that only help in ranged engagements. you'll notice a rear full charged shot from ranges where accuracy and speed help do 1/10 damage to the tank. Theres plenty of videos up showing people using the lancer if you need to see what I'm talkign about. Or go test in VR.
  8. treeHamster

The problem with it is that they gave us a stupid trigger delay AND terrible damage to try to keep the AI potential down. The Saron HSB has a trigger delay but it can 1 shot infantry. I don't think the Lancer should have crappy damage as well. Either buff the damage, or throw away the trigger delay and allow us to fire it faster. It's TTK for any use is pathetic while leaving giant "shoot me" arrows in the sky. Also, the Phoenix was "suppose" to be able to be shot down but people stand outside of it's render range and the rockets NEVER render. You can HEAR the whistle as they get near but you can't ever see to try and shoot them down. So they can kill infantry with impunity. Of course our laser can't even tickle infantry while it only scratches the paint on vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  9. Navoletti

AFTER THE LAUNCH THIS WEAPONS IS THE SAME SH.... OF BEFORE....LOW DAMAGE ,LOW DISTANCE,PATHETIC BALANCE WITH THE OTHER ROCKET LAUNCHERS.

TR A WEAPON KILLER OF VEHICL,ES OF AIR
    NC A GUIDED CONTROL KILLER OF CAMPERS PLAYERS
    VS A SH... WEAPON LOW DISTANCE,LOW DAMAGE,SLOW RECHARGE TIME AND FOR USE YOU FULL POWER YOU NEED LOSE TIME IN RECHARGE AND PROBABLY YOU OBJETIVE ESCAPE AND NEED HAVE LUCKY FOR HIT IN MUCH DISTANCE.

THIS IS A INNOVATION FOR VANU?MUCH TECHNOLOGY FOR SEE THIS SH.... THIS IS A WEAPON OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR...

WELL ONLY FOR THE GUY "PROTOTYPE" OF DEVELOPERS SERIOUS CALLED HIGBY THIS IS THE MOST BEST WEAPON...
    CONGRAGULATIONS SOE YOU LOOSE MORE PEOPLE I ONLY HOPE FOR SEE MORE AND MORE LOW AND EMPTY YOUR SERVERS.
  10. Doodles89

QFT. I made my compromise that they lower the drop off only because SOE would never correctly balance a weapon, let alone give VS something more powerful than the NC since thats what the top developers play. But ideally, yes, no drop off, no COF. Laser weapon with different damage levels. With no drop off I'd be OK with the fact it still does less damage than the S1 with 5 second charge.
  11. Mormomboy

Excuse me, I believe I mentionded most of those trade offs in my view if you payed attention.
    The things in parentheses are things I listed for drawbacks.
    I mentionded the draw back with your lancer And the Lancer super acuracy and fire right and travel time (low damage 3 seperate "missiles" (definition of a missle according to google (An object that is forcibly propelled at a target) that must all hit to get that damage)

I did not mention that there is no drop, I mentioned low damage and the fact that all 3 seperate "missiles" must hit target for full charged damage.

Striker has lowest time to kill, If you can ever hit the target, it is a lock on rocket launcher that you must click to fire individual shots, and keep locked on the entire time. I mentioned its drawbacks as well which you decided to ignore.
    ( no dumbfire, defeated by terribly high lead on targets/ turrets/ but deadly without flares or cover)
    and the fact that without flares or cover it is an excellent weapon.

2nd off. The NC has a bug with their rocker launcher "Phoenix" were it would dumb fire sometimes. I am all up for fixes with bugs, I feel they also have a unique and balanced launcher.

I did not mention bugs because it is just that, a bug. It will be fixed. Also I would have hoped you are launching it acurately and then making adjustments as needed not firing north to hit someone south.

You cannot dumb fire charge the gun, then ADS. Another stupid problem, in-which Higby promised we would be able to do. Among all the launchers TR > NC > S1 > Lancer

I would like to point out what you refer to as "dumb fire" is "Hip fired", while there are other names, which is a problem that should be adjusted, I would like to use the Striker hipfire, but that option is not even thought of.
    But that is OK, it is not made for that.

I do not want to cause contention, I am merely trying to show my opinion, and believe this is fairly accurate. If you would like to comment, I am willing to debate, not argue.
    This is my opinion and you are entitled to your own.
  12. Malokir

i'm sorry to say, but when i tested this thing yesterday you didn't need to keep locked after you shot the rockets.
    they worked like all the other fire and forget missles.
    sometimes i didn't even see the targets after shooting and still my missles hit.
  13. xchainlinkx

So glad I tried it in VR before deciding to buy it or not. It's utterly useless in it's current state. The NC and TR got real weapons while we get a damn useless potato launcher.

People forget that the NC can actually use their new rocket launcher to scout out areas with little to no risk. The TR will be utterly brutal with multiple heavies using the same rocket launcher in the battle field. The Vanu just got screwed over...again.

No surprise to me though...never trusted SOE with balance since I played EQ2 in PvP.
  14. Mormomboy

Why do you feel that way about the ESF and MAX, Personally I feel that NC has best max due to scaterguns owning at close range, our chain guns are terribly inacurate, will agree that VS MAX are not great, though have only used in VR.
    The prowler is more powerfull, but in my test with magrider, you can climb any terain with the boost, and easily outmanuver a prowler any day, 2 shot us in the back and we are done.
    But the NC Vanguard has the rediculous sheild that makes deployed prowlers with AP turret powerless against it in head on fight.

All in all, they have their advantages and dissadvantages.
    As far as ESF my test with scythes tell me a couple things, your dual pods almost 1 hit infatry because it launches 2 at a time, vastly increasing amount of rounds on target compared to missle pods. It is easier to control, in my opinion, even on health it seems with mossy. In all honesty, I hate dealing with Scythes much much more than reavers. My mossing seems to get blown up quite quickly compared to the ability of scythes to hove switch directions and run from missiles, and most anything else.

I may be wrong, but would like to hear your reasoning.
  15. Mormomboy

By this
    and keep locked on the entire time.
    I was refering to launching all five of the rockets.

That is not the biggest of the drawbacks, the main one I have been trying to deal with is the amount it tries to lead things by. It makes it much easier for it to run into a rock instead of inteded target.
  16. Doodles89

Except you don't actually even have to keep looking at the target for all 5 rockets to fire. Theres two or three videos going around of people locking and then turning a full 90 degree away and firing the 5 missiles while not even looking at the target.
  17. ST4LK3R

I think you are in the wrong thread. If you have problem with Striker, go to Striker Official Feedback thread.
  18. Mormomboy

“By this
    and keep locked on the entire time.
    I was refering to launching all five of the rockets.

That is not the biggest of the drawbacks, the main one I have been trying to deal with is the amount it tries to lead things by. It makes it much easier for it to run into a rock instead of inteded target.”
    I think you are in the wrong thread.

If you have problem with Striker, go to Striker Official Feedback thread.

That was a response to a response to my comments on the Lancer and all 3 ESL in general.
  19. Mormomboy

That is interesting, it has not personally worked for me. I believe that goes in the Bug waiting to be fixed section. As well as people in between you and target will break lock, for me anyways. There are bugs that need working out on all launchers.

I am TR mainly but I still think that your Lancer should fire one accurate Higher damage bolt instead of 3 seperate ones. Considering amount of time it takes to charge, and the fact it will not hold the charge.
  20. Thrud007

My .02 I think it sucks *** and i gave up after after dying to every phoenix missile that hit me. The deviation is stupid on a an energy beam weapon. If you going to keep the damage low then it needs to be faster projectile i was missing a lot from further out.