Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. RadarX

This is where we'd love to hear your constructive feedback on the Lancer Rocket Launcher.
    • Up x 3
  2. Badname2490

Someone will cry about it sooner or later.
    • Up x 1
  3. PeanutMF

The damage is fine to me. What really bugs me is the maximum range being quite short (for something with such a high velocity, it is painfully obvious).

Also it has slight deviation which makes an already difficult task determined by a dice roll with sniping air targets, something that Higby stated would be a perk of the weapon.
    • Up x 7
  4. Phyr

It feels weak for how long it takes to charge.
    • Up x 26
  5. Fiatsu

It sucks ***!
    • Up x 10
  6. treeHamster

I noticed the range isn't great. Also noticed a bug (posted here) with the kill stats. One thing I am very unhappy with is the fact that while charging you can't switch between hipfire and the scope. This is annoying because I generally press both M1 and M2 at the same time to avoid wasting the 150 or so milliseconds that it takes to click one then the other and I get locked into hip fire about half the time.
    • Up x 2
  7. Charlychop

im just worried about 3 things:

hipcharge to ADS cant be done. is this a glitch or an actual neft to avoid people charging while on cover?

terrible damage for the time it takes to charge up. first 2 modes are literally useless and work only as kill stealers.

while shooting it we can sort of see 3 distinct dots....are there really 3 different bullets? can we loose dps if one of these balls misses?

on the other hand i loved the visual and the sound effects. kinda terrifying being on the receiving end of insta travel bullets. i would just love to see the dmg to charge rate and dps comparison of the 3 ESRL to clear any doubt and/or erroneous idea of dmg differences
    • Up x 5
  8. treeHamster

Oh and I forgot, it'd be nice if we could get some kind of reticle notification of charging as we hip fire. It takes a 3 count to get to the 3rd bar (it autofires at ~4 seconds) but it'd be nice if we didn't have to count the seconds to know how much charge it has.

Edit: Another problem I noticed is it takes 2 full charged shots and 1 (lvl2 charge) to take out an ESF from full health. 2 full charged shots seems fair to me, otherwise you have to reload and that means the kill time is over 10 seconds at best.
    • Up x 3
  9. Narkai2216

Very terrible damage for the amount of time it takes to charge, you do just about half of an infantry health bar, no flak armor, 2/10th of a tanks hp from the front full charge.
    • Up x 9
  10. Chiss

Although it feels weak while testing it, i think it'll turn out alright once you have a bunch of people firing these together.

I think it needs to be able to scope/unscope while charging.
    • Up x 3
  11. GalYurr

• The ammo count indicator on the side of the Lancer is missing.
    • When I swap from my LMG to the Lancer I lose 20-30 fps for some reason.
    • The level three charge up seems to fire three projectiles instead of one.
    • Up x 7
  12. Doctor?

This is the skinny on the Lancer by my quick calculations.

Cons (things you "give up" to use):
    • 5 Second Full Charge Time
    • Can not charge while hip firing and go into ADS to fire, and vice-versa.
    • Lose ~20% damage from standard launcher per full charge shot. (This is a rough estimate for right now.)
    Pros (things you get in return for cons):
    • Instant travel no drop projectile
    I feel like for the 5 seconds it takes to charge up the Lancer, plus reload time every 2 charge cycles, it does absolutely **** damage. In combination with the 3 orb thing and the potential to miss an orb or even two at range, AND people now reporting that the weapon has a range limited to 500m (though yet to be confirmed as far as I'm aware)... I just don't even know why SoE released this weapon like this.
    • Up x 10
  13. Mekhazzio

It's supposed to be weak to offset its hit rate, which should be very near 100% in practiced hands. Likewise, the triangle firing pattern and cone of fire keep it from having truly ridiculous range. Perfectly understandable. It's still pretty much a straight upgrade over the standard SSM.

I like the thing, but I've got two beefs with it.

First, the lockout between hipfire and ADS while charging is really clunky from a usability standpoint. Limiting the ability to play peekaboo with a full charge is understandable, but not being able to hold the charge for long already accomplishes most of the task. This is just awkward for not much concrete gain.

Second, is the tracer beam. Feedback clearly needs to be there for an instant hit weapon, but this is way over the top. It lingers for 4ish seconds, and is so large that just two people firing single charges can create a solid wedge of pure white that just sits there obscuring everything for enemy and friend alike. It looks like a low-budget placeholder effect, and highlights the shooter even more than the already-excessive fat blue plasma trail of Vanu rockets. It needs to fade out over those 4 seconds, or disperse, or -something- instead of just sitting there. It's also a perspective trap; because the shooter can't see their own tracer, they have no idea how highlighted they are.
    • Up x 10
  14. Doctor?

Other things that turn out alright when you have a bunch of people firing them together - Decimator, Annihilator.. any of the other launchers. Point being that this things usefulness has to be compared against the other potential launchers, both pros and cons, and decided if it is worth a 1000 cert investment (or equivalent SC).
    • Up x 3
  15. WetPatch

I doubt your going to love the feed back.

Its weak as piss damage, 8 single shots to kill a AV turret or 2 full charges, 3 full charges to kill a MBT from behind and same for ESF. It took 7 singles to destroy a Flash ffs. And hip fire wouldn't hit a barn.

Right the bugs,

1. You cant change from Hip fire to sights while charging.

2. Sometimes the first charge will charge to max but only fire a single shot.

3. If you only have 1 or 2 shots left you can still charge it to max but it will only fire the single shot.

4. It sucks.
    • Up x 4
  16. Myka

I like it, but there are two things that are really, really disappointing.

1. Not being able to scope once the charge is started has annoyed my outfit members quite a bit.

2. Not being able to hold the maximum level charge. Without this, it will be much harder for squads to coordinate a shot. Given the fairly weak damage of the weapon, this is by far the most important 'tweak' the Lancer needs. The weak damage is evidently due to the fact this is meant to be a squad-based weapon, which is fine - but PLEASE allow us to hold the max-level charge until we're ready to fire.
    • Up x 14
  17. treeHamster

What does ^ sound like?

I said this would be not much better than a glorified laser pointer.
  18. Chiss

I think it needs to allow about 2 seconds longer to hold the max level.
  19. Rodek

For starters, can we get the one Higby demoed in his Twitch stream? That one didn't have 3 separate lasers for a fully charged shot and could switch between hipfire and optical zoom while charging.
    • Up x 14
  20. RazielsShadow

Some of my shots are missing at a reasonable distance. I've had my scoped sights on an enemy sundy, easily within reach of the other launchers, with only two out of three charged shots hitting the target while we're both stationary. Can we tighten the cone of fire?
    • Up x 4