Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. CursoryRaptor

Honestly, I think the Lancer is better overall than the Striker. (I can't speak for the Phoenix; I haven't used it enough.)

Yes, the Striker is a lock-on launcher, and yes, if all five missiles hit, it hurts a lot, but bear with me here.

- The Lancer can hit anything within render range. The Striker can only hit something that comes within and stays within it's (short) lock on range and line of sight.
    - The Lancer has no hard counters. The Striker does.
    - The Lancer give absolutely no warning before it hits. The Striker and the Phoenix do, the former from a lock on warning and the latter from the signature angry tea kettle sound and the slow, blue rocket itself.
    - The Lancer can be used against anything you point it at. The Striker can't.

I'll admit that the Striker used to be OP, but now...

...let's just say that since the Striker got the nerf bat, I've commented to my teammates on numerous occasions that I'd love to have a Lancer. The Lancer is so flexible, I doubt I'd ever use anything else if I could ever get my hands on one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jachim

Rise from the grave, thread! RISE TO PLAGUE US ALL ONCE AGAIN!

Also it's funny to look back at all the VS whinging about the Lancer last year ;)
  3. Xasapis

All the justified complains made it a better weapon. But still, this is a year old thread that has no bearing to he reality of the game today. Let it rest in peace ...