Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Kociboss

You know what, put your Parallax away and man up. Try playing as an infiltrator with smg, don't sissy around 1500 meters away from the actual battlefield.

Purpose of nanoweave is to extend your healthpool. Deal with it.
  2. DemoniWaari

I do undestand the problem here. They do not meet the same standards as they were marketed as. I'm just fine by the fact that one guy in a hundread can survive a headshot, but it's kinda weird for them to market the rifles to be OHK for everyone except HA with shield on when they clearly don't meet the requirements for that.
    By the way

Here's some material that says that the high powered bolt action rifles don't OHK with NW. Just because some people we're doubting that it seems.
    I don't even have that weapon, I just use the default NC bolt-driver and I can't say that I remember someone to have survived my headshot, so the NW is pretty rare to go up against.
  3. McToast

Moin

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...dbook-bolt-actions-vs-nanoweave-armor.102920/

The thing is, those sniper rifles are designed to be used at very long ranges. And they aren't as effective at that as they were at release anymore. I played a lot as infiltrator when this game was released, because I like sniping. I switched over to engineer lately, because infiltrator gameplay is just annoying at the moment, especially as a sniper. At ranges where my LA80 is still effective I could a) use a Bolt Driver or b) play another class to save some certs/be more effective. Increasing the render distance for infantry was great, but it doesn't help if I can't kill half of my targets with that one headshot anymore. They'll go into cover and get healed or use a medkit. At the very least they are now alert of a sniper and won't give me any further opportunity to headshot them again.

As long as the infiltrator class isn't fixed (and for me SMGs didn't do the job) I simply won't play it. ESFs are more rewarding anyway.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast

€: Damn, DemoniWaari was faster :>.
  4. Booface

I play primarily infiltrator, and even I think that this is whining. Just get a little closer and your headshots will start being OHKs again. Risk versus reward. Sniping at render distance is usually an inefficient way to fight anyway, your output simply isn't going to be enough to make any kind of dent in the spawn flow or contribute to any meaningful objectives.

Get closer and actually contribute to your squad's actions. If you *really* need to take a shot at or near render distance, just be prepared to follow it up with a quick body shot. It's not that hard, even if they start running, because you don't need to worry about a headshot on the 2nd one. Learn your projectile travel times and compensate. Sniping is not and should never be easy mode.

Anyway, the only class that can actually threaten you at render distance is another sniper, and they can't survive a headshot at any distance.
  5. Prodigal

I smell a spoiled and conceited brat thats used to always have the reddest cherries without ever having the need to make an effort and pluck them, and can never get enough.
  6. }{ellKnight

Yeah, I'm sure a LOT of people run with max NW and ruin your sniping...

Besides you can get the parallax for cash... you can't do the same for nano weave AND it costs more than 1000 certs.
  7. Prodigal

Here's a tip: L2P.

Multiplayer games arent made for you to kill others from save range without taking the least risk to take fire yourself. Other people arent the comparses in your action movie.

If you can't take the heat of being shot back, stick to singleplayer games.
  8. Vikarius

Still all opinion and still all moot AKA worthless.
    They were advertised to do something, they have not been doing what they were advertised to do since GU2, and are still advertised as being able to do what they no longer can. FACT

If suddenly all shotguns started firing a single musket ball. But are still advertised as shotguns, you best be damn sure i bet there would be a lot if not all shotgun users either demanding for their shotguns to act like shotguns again, or their money back.
  9. Vaphell

here's a tip: don't stand still and you won't ever experience a headshot. Moving is clearly OP.
    i also wonder what groundbreaking observations you have about all these liberator, lolpod and prowler spammers who farmed infantry 24/7 for months with impunity.

- rendering range is 300+
    - bolt action rifles have "range: very long" in their description
    - OHK at long range is the *whole* point of using bolt action rifles
    - not OHKing means you have blown your cover and will get hunted down

It's one thing to pad kdr when you have 100 allies acting as human shields taking the heat off your back (not to mention that the severe fps drop in such a meatgrinder, to 10-15, makes it very very hard to aim and i simply don't bother), another is when you go alone around the battlefield to pick off enemy snipers or engineers manning AV turret/falling back for repairs. You have to OHK or you are done and you have not much choice about the cover. If there is a good spot at 150m that's what you take.

effective range even on top tier rifles (1000c+mods) against medium level NW (lvl3=61certs) drops below 100m which is well in the effective ADS range of your average medium/long range bullet hose. That's BS, end of story. Good luck lining that headshot with sway and flinch when you are being sprayed by a strafing guy who experiences none.
    Why would you even cert into 12x scope if it's useless?
  10. m44v

Sniping is one of the easy modes of planetside, I can grab the bolt driver and pull 20 kills in a row without making a sweat (and I know some of you can get even more kills) as long as there's a big battle. And you only boost your K/D without doing sh*t for your team.

Now, get inside a tech plant and snipe those 6 dudes taking the point, that is hard.
  11. Vikarius

Logical fallacies are clearly your weapon of choice.
    Feel free to make a video of how easy it is?

Hiding behind your zerg that outnumbers the enemy force and snipe camping is easy, but still not the easiest thing in the game.
    Try getting a headshot on a moving target at any range beyond 100m, I bet you a TON of sc it is the hardest thing in the game with a very large margin. You not only have to have skill because of the drop, and hold breathe time (lack there of), but velocity and you have half the freeking mechanics in the game working against you IE broken hit reg and latency

but no, you are probably someone who thinks Shotguns are not easy mode, and Heavy Assault doesn't excel at far too many categories
  12. Vaphell

in other words it's situational. And if you piss off the wrong sniper, he will come for you.
    What if there is no big battle? Suddenly you get bumrushed without the human shields around all the time and the distance is your only saving grace.
    Besides sniping has nothing on HE spam done by libs, lolpoders and prowlers. That's easy mode when it comes to farming infantry.

of course it's hard. You don't kill people at 300m using SMG either. Sniper rifles are about huge airgap giving the advantage and there is none to speak of in the tech plant (mini maze).
  13. Revanmug

Somehow, I have a hard time to take you seriously. I'm not sure what exactly...

In the end, NW protecting the user against HS make little sense now that we have the 1 shot pump-action shotgun.
  14. Prodigal

You're assuming too much. You're assuming that I'm being headshot by snipers, while I'm not. I already received hatetells from snipers that couldnt kill me because of how I moved.

So you have to realize that your comment is completely nonsensical. Good day.
  15. Vikarius

Once you realize how much of your posts are logical fallacies, you can begin to learn how NOT to look so ignorant
  16. Nocturnal7x

Dude, this thread sucks and it had its time. Necroposting is not cool

yea.

Oh guys, and also :eek:
  17. Prodigal

Funny, I'm giving logical classes at my university. Tell me more.
  18. Vikarius

I am giving lessons in how to become over 9000 in a time chamber
    Did I also mention i am 6'5 272 lbs 4% body fat, blonde hair blue eyes, and a force recon marine

Ahhh the internet
  19. CptFirelord

Rams .50 Cal is the most powerful option the the TR, and it's the same there. The only way you can survive a headshot with a sniper rifle is if you've certed the 1200+ certs into Nanoweave, which is expensive and unusual considering how most choose Flak.

In addition, people can survive headshots in real life as well. Quite a few have.
  20. irishroy

[IMG]

[IMG]

dropping more than 1k certs in NW should nothing, compared to dropping 7 bucks in the game?