FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. PLZAXBB

It`s nice we have at least some assurance that they are working on it (never doubted that)...

However, I (and a lot of other folks I believe) would like to see some kind of official statement either in "official news and announcements" or at least in this thread... Last time we heard from the devs around here was before the "hotfix" that did almost, if not completely nothing. Most of all, I`d like to see daily reports on the progress (even of there is none, at least give us some info and try to calm the situation down a notch...)

The way they communicate now, it just seems like mishandling the PR, which in combination with "heroic boosts" and the vids we`ve seen not so long ago about their "outstanding" customer service just leaves bitter taste in my mouth. Seriously, how hard could it be for the devs to post something on their own official forums instead of the freaking twitter? Why are those forums even here then?

Or is every team in SOE working as independent cell oblivious to the work others are doing? Is it so hard for the devs to give the PR or customer service some info on their progress so they can, in turn inform their playerbase? It is not like you guys need to send a horse mounted messenger between your teams... 21st century ... and stuff ... you know...
  2. Basileus

3. talmaru

That is because it is locked @ 30 fps constant so your input is smooth and fluid
    I reiterate the problem with this game is that the fps flux's so fast going from high to low that it causes input to become unresponsive or jerky for a few milliseconds
  4. Galantis

Bad enough I'm usually stuck with under 30 fps with a decent rig ( AMD phenom 2 quad core 940 3 ghz, 4g ram, ati 6950), hell i'm used to playing with under 30 fps, yes it sucks and everyone with higher fps has huge advantage but under 20 fps is where i draw the line. Seriously your "programmers" are absolutely terrible. Your optimizing is worth ****. I remember playing a certain game called lineage 2 where i was playing in battle with 600-1000 people with a much much slower PC and very good graphics and it ran better then this crap. Your "programers" are terrible SOE. get new ones.
  5. CannedBullets

So an SOE PR manager in another thread said "optimization continues while few fps issues remain."

What ******* planet does SOE live on?

If GU5 doesn't fix optimization or give any indication that SOE is actively working on optimization then I hope it gets worse and worse and worse to the point where people with i7s can't run the game properly. Then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town when Battlefield 4 comes out. Then SOE would have lost a **** ton of money. Because losing money is the only way they would be able to take notice and Planetside 3 will be better if SOE learns their lesson.
  6. dr_Fell

Congratulations Developers. After latest hotfix I hit record again - this time it was 20-24 FPS at not very crowded biolab (actually there were enemy squad there...). Before GU2 I had 35-45 FPS and after GU2 and hotfixes - ~35 (enemy platoons). More interesting thing - It was the first time I was GPU limited from time to time. With 25 FPS... I turned the game on, played for maybe 30 minutes, turned it off. I don't know what You did, but it is even worse now, than after GU4 and 1st hotfix. It is the 1st double XP weekend I am missing.

What I will wrote is really not supposed to be rude. But from my perspective (I know other users with different machines could have different experience), almost every big patch that You release, in terms of performance, that atm is most important factor for me, was failure. Instead of bringing more performance, almost every (or every ?) update after release brought significant performance drop (even the so called "performance" update). As a working professional and after over 7 years of career I really can understand, that mistakes do happen. But I can't understand work policy, that leads to releasing product after product with the same issues, without properly testing it before presenting it to client. My clients are not so understanding. If it happens to me, that I made the same mistake twice in a row - I won't see them again.
  7. Andy79

maybe its time to roll out GU03 again and put GU04 back to the drawing board, the VR zone was not worth it
  8. KI-Natas

I got big perfomance issues atm.
    Normally i have about 50-60fps in big battles after GU04 i got 60fps in low populated and about 25 fps in high populated regions.
    The FPS jumps up and down. Changing the graphic quality has no effect.
  9. Lucius Trio

Completely agree. It's always good practice to do releases early and mid week, rather than the last day of the week right before the staff leaves -- at least from my professional experience with releases.

Still, someone has to be on-call I'd assume...
  10. jm20

This is what it is like to fly after 20-30 minutes of playing, and anywhere near major bases. On the ground the FPS is fine, in the air the asset loading is totally crap and hitches everywhere.

• Up x 3
  11. BrotherLee

Is it fixed yet?
  12. Jakob

Ahahahahah... good one.
  13. kazumi

i5 and i7 users can't. My sig rig right now is playing in the single digits. It's a slide show for me. Completely insane. I didn't even bother logging in today, it's just not enjoyable when your sitting at 5-15 FPS.
  14. jassinlive

Same here. Low FPS for GU4 and no change after the "hotfix".

Fix ya'l sh*t SOE
  15. Hatamoto

how can you, at this point, have such confidence in your patch fu abilities that you have it coincide with a double xp weekend? Is there something seriously missing in the overmind brain department @ SOE?
  16. kazumi

They are hiding from the forums. They choose to update this issue vie twitter, instead of coming out on the game forums and admitting they screwed up. Nothing but cowards, who cannot face their players when sht goes to hell.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dextro

The double xp weekend is a slap in the face of those who cannot play after your "awesome" GU4 update.

Just make them suffer even more. I am in a 250 player outfit with almost a 30% of the members cannot play after the patch. Make a test server for the future, so you do not destroy the gaming experience of the people with useless content updates which lead to the destruction of the game itself.

Hope you are having a nice weekend, because I do not. I cannot take part and enjoy planetside in my free time.
  18. Hatamoto

For such a big company its acting very immature and unprofessional. I regret having confidence in SOE with this second PS installment, i should have known better ... On a bright side i will never more spend money on any game before hand, wait and watch is the way to go. I understand that an MMO can never really be finished, but having people spend money on a Beta is just outrageous
  19. Turiel =RL=

When I log in, I get a 1-5 FPS slideshow for about 3-4 minutes. Then it kinda bumps itself up to around 40 in the Warpgate. Before I had zero FPS "delay" on log-in and 60 FPS in Warpgate. During heavy combat I get 20 FPS, but if I drive around alone in a wide open area with my Flash, I get up to 90 FPS. Basically I am down 20 FPS in all situations. Would be nice if it could be fixed.

In my opinion it is not graphics/cpu related. It seems to have something to do with the server trying to syncronize a ton of people who are standing next to each other. Performance seems to take a dive down to the worst user spec in the cluster, because everyone is waiting for him to catch up.
  20. Lazaruz

- FPS is still down
    - Game still stutters near large facilities
    - Weapon attachments are still gone
    - Squad voice chat still randomly stops working
    - Occurrences of ESF rockets/Liberator shells not rendering still happen
    - Still getting double loading screen upon every spawn
    - Freeze frame still happening upon every spawn
    - Still randomly spawning outside the actual spawn room in towers
    - Tower shields randomly locking you inside the painfield upon base cap, with no way to escape
    - Random character desync after a while, bullets do no damage but the enemy can shoot me just fine
    - Outfit members still complaining about a variety of different technical issues, including: voice comm failures, server lag, latency, spawn problems, poor hit detection, etc,etc,etc

But as long as everything is going well in MLG and eSports, then I guess it's alright.