Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. mogmaw

the problem carries on, i have a asus motherboard and no AI software or Bios configs.
    all drivers up to date.
  2. Kitt75

I've had this problem for about a week - I can sometimes play for an hour or more, but often just 20 minutes before non-damage bug kicks in. Logging out completely and logging back in gets me back to damage, although almost always go back to non-damage after 20 minutes or so when I am relogging.

My latency is probably above average is the only aspect I can think that makes me 'special'.

For those suffering - there is always Sunderer/Galaxy/Engineer/Medic roles to be able to play a bit when otherwise blocked by the bug.
  3. Zakuak

I played the entire weekend and ran into the issue only twice. I had the chronic version of it until I did the AI suite workaround a week ago. So, it's still there and I hope SOE does get a handle on it and does so soon.

Props to you guys who have hung in there for 2 weeks now....I had it for a week and just about flipped out.

It is IMO the most annoying bug I have every experienced.

It did save my but tho hahah, I was returning to base after a low alt LIB TB run (2k from home) and some Mossie got on my tail. I was already half into armor but I turned and engaged. He was unloading as fast as he could so I reciprocated. Then I noticed I wasn't taking any damage, yet I could damage him and he was warping all over at this point. After a few spins n loops I had him smoking and he had to of been pissed ( I would've been) so he passed me by and darted off. Poor dude =\
  4. TheNewGuy

I've had the problem since GU3.

I get in the game and everything is fine for about 5 minutes. After that I stop getting hit markers. Soon after I get people and vehicles teleporting around. At this point I die even before the shots hit me. Seems like a timing issue between my client and the server. The game was running perfectly before GU3 so perhaps it has to do with the optimizations that were implemented.

I won't be playing until there's a fix obviously.
  5. Bjourk

I started having this problem after I reinstalled Windows on my SSD, but like many of you I found that removing EasyTune has fixed it - at least for now. Congrats and thanks to the community for figuring out this fix, and shame on you, SOE, for releasing more Station Cash items before fixing major stability issues!
  6. FCBLiebe

I've had this problem since GU03. I run a gigabyte motherboard and uninstalled EasyTune, and that didn't fix it. Any other ideas? :|
  7. Lyonid

First, thanks for mentioning that you completely uninstalled EasyTune to get some relief. This may be posted elsewhere, but it was the first I saw it. Since I don't run EasyTune, I doubt I'd have considered uninstalling it, and I was skeptical even after reading your post. However, I was also desperate, so I gave it a try.

My skepticism went on temporary hiatus when I saw that, during the removal of a program I supposedly don't actually run, I nonetheless was prompted to halt multiple processes in order for the uninstall routine to complete. Afterward, I rebooted and tried the game again. I made it over an hour without encountering the no-damage issue (20 minutes was my previous record).

I'm still only cautiously optimistic since my game client also performed a download/install when I logged on this morning. I have no way of knowing if that install was a small patch or just a routine operation (I opened a separate thread on this -- no response yet), so I can't be sure whether uninstalling EasyTune gave me some relief or whether there was some kind of fix attempt from SOE (or indeed whether the problem is still there, lurking for me to re-encounter later).

Nonetheless, for whatever reason, I got to play a nice chunk of un-frustrating PS2 and I'm hopeful that the EasyTune uninstall did the trick.

Thanks again.
  8. hostilechild

Been getting this also since last major update. For me its pretty random when it starts occuring. 10min, 30min, 1hr are the 3 most common times. Doesn't matter which gun(prior to last update was just MAX weapons). The heavier the fighting the sooner it occurs.
    So soon as i start seeing the hitting and no markers/damage i restart the client and all is well. Odd part is everything else in game works fine during this so not a complete desync. Dieing doesn't always fix.
    Its bad enough that poor hit detection makes me shoot 2x as much as needed to kill still targets at close range in med-larger fights (although this is most likely udp packet drop even though i have 10mb timewarner and 50-75ping).

I am curious if different continents are on different servers. I have yet to experience this on the less populated Esamir and Amerish has only happpened on Indar.
  9. Playbizzle

It definitely happens more in larger fights with more people around. It seems i can play anytime after 3 am eastern to early afternoon till maybe 4 pm when the rush of people start to come on. Its dsynce after dsync for the rest of the evening and night. WinTimerTester Stay's at 1.000 ratio but for whatever the reason its starts to fluctuate in areas with a large amount of people. Hence the the server merge made it worse. Something about how the game interacts with the cpu timing, but why does this happen more in a higher population? My cpu is not overclocked, no turbo, no AI software installed, HPET Support turned off, Ran bcdedit /set useplatformclock true in command prompt, re installed the game and anything else you can think of. So why am i still getting dsync? Also when it happens i can minimize the game reset WinTimerTester it takes a minute to stabilize back to 1.000 and then i can do damage again but only last for a minute or so. So its really not worth it still not playable. This should be all the info you need to know what is wrong with the game and fix it.

Gigabyte mobo UD4P EX58
    i7920 cpu
    GTX480
    6gbs OCZ Gold
  10. LtJoeBob

Been having this issue also since GU3 unplayable but no word from SOE other than we know from CSR
  11. MarlboroMan-E

Had this one pretty well overcome prior to the update, but it's back in full force. Any dev response yet?
  12. MarlboroMan-E

Rebooted my computer and it went away, although at one point it came back for a second after I noticed my mouse pointer stutter. It went away again after that. Fingers crossed, I guess.
  13. Playbizzle

GIGABYTE USERS,

After trying everything this works for me.

1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6

9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread

Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.

Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.

Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.
  14. Playbizzle

After trying everything this works for me.
    1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6 or whatever kind of motherboard you have mine is gygabyte.
    9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread
    Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.
    Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.
    Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.

Dsync bug is the no damage bug you hit target but doesnt register. Some times everyone is warping all over the place also same bug. This has been happening since patch 2 but most of us didnt get it till the server merge. There are tons of threads in the forums and videos on youtube and yet they still wont reply to any real info if this is gona be fixed. They just keep saying the same thing this is a known issue were working on it let us know if you figured out how to recreate it. And thats all your gonna get out of them. Mind you this has been happening since patch 2 its been months now and nothing. There is over 5,000 views in one thread alone about this and they just refuse to reply to anything about it.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

I did go back to the normal windows mode bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock and still only happening 2 to 3 times a day so you might not have to do this but i had to at first for weeks. Tried it normal after the new patch and seems to be working ok for now so you might want to try both ways. I dont think the patched had anything to due with it. Do note changeing the windows command in step 6 will make your fps drop but at least you will be able to play again. And if you get it working try puting in the command to go back to normal and see if it still works for you. Good Luck
  15. Overcllock

Seeing this has originated in patch 2 and were on patch 6 and they havent even tried to fix it. Its safe to say there not ever going to fix this. They need to be honest to everyone and just announce there isnt going to be a fix period. Iam 100% positive about this, they wont respond or even bring it up for the longest time now. I have lost all respect for the devs on this game, this is truly insulting to all these paying customers that can no longer play and are refused refunds.

SOE AND THE WHOLE DEVELOPMENT TEAM YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A JOKE AND A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES LEAVING YOUR MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS OUT TO DRY LIKE THIS AND NOT EVEN HAVING THE DECENCY TO BE HONEST ENOUGH TO TELL THEM YOUR NOT GOING TO FIX IT OR EVEN WORKING ON IT, WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE. TAKE YOUR FAKE FALSE ADVERTISING VIDEOS ABOUT BEING COMMUNITY BASED AND STICK THEM RIGHT IN THE TRASH AND I WILL HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR YOU THEN BLUNTLY LYING TO THE COMMUNITY AND GETTING PEOPLES HOPES UP
  16. sage1210

may be because this game is dying. the last time this game profit seem lower than a game like war frame. before we know this game may be long gone. just like other free2play games before it.