Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Killer Trojon

well at first i thought it was my pc but i was wrong. then i thought it was my internet connection but i was wrong. so it must be because im playing the free version and they limit the bandwidth but reading this thread has proven me wrong again. So am i wrong in saying no to spending £76 on a game that works some of the time. hmmmmmm lets think about this one " NO!"
  2. Playbizzle

Disregard,
    The no damage glitch is happening to my new TR character as well. I have tried every single thing you can possibly think of and some. Apparently this will not be fixed until a new patch or hotfix, and when the Devs realise this is a problem on there end not ours. Right now i completely waisted my time and money on this game and I am not a happy camper what so ever!

btw this thread has doubled since the server merge and we only got two useless replies from customer service. Not even a single update.
  3. Rodinvac

Well, I started playing after a bit of a break, and was having fun until, yes, the hit detection stopped working.
    Shot people in the face and saw them flinching, but no damage.
    Hit a low-flying enemy ESF with my tank cannon, no damage.
    Repeatedly hit an enemy soldier with my tank, no damage.
    Shot a hacked Phalanx turret, no damage.
    Sneaked up behind an enemy Infiltrator, emptyied an entire mag, switched to secondary, emptyied that, and went for the knife, no damage.
    Tried shooting a friendly terminal, no grief points.
    However I could still hack stuff as an Infiltrator and heal/repair. Oh, and get shot.
    All this on Connery, a server that was not part of the merge.

There is definitely a problem. However I don't have a clue as to what could've happened, since it just triggered in the time between one firefight and another at a nearby base, that I had to walk all the way, so entering and exiting a vehicle or changing class is not the cause.
  4. MarlboroMan-E

Yeah, game is more or less unplayable for me now. For the love of god can we get a dev response on this?
  5. SilverSnipe009

All I know is I cannot change anything else, SOE broke it they can fix it I'm done supporting a broken game. 5 days of crap and no hotfix for it. I wish they would stop messing with my hardware, if I can play crisis on ultra and D3 with people over seas with zero lag and zero fps drop. Sony you really gotta try a little harder...
  6. MarlboroMan-E

ok, so I don't have AI suite, so I couldn't disable sensors there, so I went into my BIOS and set cpu and mobo sensors to ignore. Was able to play a few hours with no problem.
  7. Playbizzle

To fix this problem, open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

You will have to exit the command window and reboot before this setting can take affect. What this does is it changes Windows so the QueryPerformanceCounter function will be based on a fixed counter that is not influenced by SetFSB. That one line of code should correct this problem and your games will run fine when using SetFSB.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

After trying everything you could possibly try this actualy worked :) Type the command in windows promt and reboot and thats it. Hope i am not speaking to soon but trying continously and getting the glitch at the very least every ten minutes, and after doing this i been playing non stop for the past couple hours. SOE if your not gonna fix the problem you seriously need to advertise this fix!! SCRATCH THAT ITS DOING IT AGAIN APPARENTLY IT WORKED FOR A SHORT TIME
  8. Playbizzle

I must say thew seems like a can play much longer now witch is better then 10 min or not at all. I will take it!
  9. SilverSnipe009

I thought it might be fluctuating CPU speeds that cause the problem, however when setting my CPU to run without the Turbo Boost Tech and at a constant Ghz. Still no dice, and I'm a little shocked that SOE did not address this publicly yet even with their QA sneak peek they just put out. Would be nice to have some reassurance, I'm guessing they don't care if they lose a couple hundred players or not.
  10. PvtLisek

Same problem here, 10-15min of regular gameplay and then no damage...
  11. 31stChadz

Starting to become extremely annoyed with this bug now. I haven't had more than 10 minutes uninterrupted play since the merge, and I play on one of the servers that WASN'T merged.

I was happy to sit and wait as long as something was obviously being done by the developers, but as NO-ONE can be bothered to mention or reply to this I am gonna look at getting in contact for some form of refund as I have wasted money on items for an unplayable game.
  12. Lyonid

I feel your pain as I'm in essentially the same boat (though my server was a merger destination).

On a (very, very minor) positive note, the issue IS officially acknowledged on the "Known Issues" page (under "In-Game Issues):

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34974/p/5833

I wish you luck in requesting a refund, however they'll likely just cut/paste the section of the EULA in which we all "agreed" there would be no refunds. Period.

They may also (as they did with me) offer to "freeze" your account until such time as you request to have it re-activated (presumably after the bug is fixed), thus preserving any paid time you may have left for a brighter, less buggy day.

I found that option... sub-optimal. The lost time really can't be "replaced" in a game such as this when your unaffected allies and enemies continue to "cert up" while you languish in "no damage mode" or "frozen account land". Ugh.
  13. jamesr20

14. 31stChadz

Yeah I know, tbh, I was just ranting. I wouldn't do that anyway. Just lost my temper and felt a rant was due lol.
    I had some words with the customer support, and they say that its being worked on now as the no 1 problem bug in their known issues.
    Hopefully see a patch for this sooner rather than later but guess wel just have to make do :S
  15. queue

add another to the list.

After awhile I just stop causing damage to enemies, though I can shoot friendlies.

I had a premium sub up until I realized that F2P was going to ruin this game and that paid content releases would trump fixing the game. Like any F2P game, new purchasable content is released way overpowered and becomes the FotM. All you hear is SMGs and Shotguns anymore and it gets frustrating as a player that plays a support roll to not even have a chance to defend oneself with the TTK continually dropping. I don't have a problem with getting killed, it happens a lot as a support roll. But now, the only chance I have is to buy the weapons and now the game becomes P2W.

Sorry, not going to pay for that and I will never be forced in to purchasing to stay relevant...especially when the game is severely broken. I almost dropped $100 on Walmart SOE Cards but my Amex gift card wouldn't work with walmart's online store. I'm glad I didn't.

I really hope SOE sees the light and fixes the game. Unfortunately, they seem to be headed down the same road as Tribes:Ascend.

Seems I strayed from the topic...oops.
  16. SikVvVidiT

Add me to the list... This is beyond frustrating!!!!

When you couple this with the Laggy nature of the Hit detection I feel like im about to go on a Roid Rage...

Fix your game SOE, and stop breaking it. How about you have a freaking Test server like ever other MMO out there... Hell Planetside 1 used to have one.
  17. MarlboroMan-E

5 hours last night ... No issues. 10 minutes this morning...and done.
  18. WolfA4

Never had an issue until today, can't go more than a few minutes without getting the bug. Playing on Connery.
  19. Simferion

My bug is discontinuous. Sometimes I get normal killing, sometimes I need to empty my clip to harm my opponent (perhaps).
  20. Playbizzle

Any updated news about this? I have a Gigabyte motherboard no AI software and my censors are all off. No overclock or turbo or any of that running at stock speed.