Is planetside 2 coming to playstation 4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Dovahkiin

I hope it comes to PS4 and I hope there is cross platform play, despite PC players having an advantage with the mouse. Planetside 2 has low pops and so the more people the better. This is especially vital considering that Hossin and Sirus, the next two continents should be released before the PS4, this will mean that there will be even less people playing, and the same amount of players will be spread out over 5 continents instead of only 3. If there was to be cross platform play, that would effectively combat the problem.

If it releases on ps4 this means that SOE will make more money and so are able to support the game some more, which is very good.

The top prioirity's to make PS2 a better game:
    1. Optimize the game ( a LOT)
    2. Server merges
    3. Release continents
    4. Release on PS4
    All other things are not so important
    • Up x 2
  2. Agent 47

Imagine using the iron sight with the controller, and not the playstation d*ldo. Cross-platform would mean an instant win for PC users :)
  3. gobbybobby

Release PS2 as a Stream-able game on Gaikai that way PC users with low end PC can enjoy PS2 on High settings, and it can be streamed to PS4

naturally being an MMOFPS would need decent Gaikai servers, locally as to not increase latency too much. But its very possible!

PS4 will also support Keyboard and mouse (PS3 does, why wouldn't PS4) So no need to have PS4 and PC servers seperate. More players on both PC and PS4 will have access to this game if you can Stream it

Streaming does work, Ive played Unreal Tournament on Onlive. And it was fine. Loved it.
  4. WolfA4

It would be hilarious to see console players trying to play against PC gamers in PS2. Console gamers would be slaughtered constantly unless they introduced autoaiming for the console gamers.
  5. TintaBux

It would be tweaked to run fine on PS4 (Allot of "Dumbing down")
  6. TintaBux

They would play away from PC players, would need separate netcode/servers.
  7. gobbybobby

PS3 supports Keyboard and mouse, so will PS4.
  8. WolfA4

So do a lot of consoles, but most owners of consoles never plug a mouse and keyboard into them.
  9. gobbybobby

I dunno. DUST 514 has alot of Keyboard and Mouse players. (I am one of them)
  10. Sharmanti

SOE

Sony

Sony...

Playstation 4, sony... Hmm. I wonder why this thread exists. Hmm... may planetside and playstation have something in common? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder....

Actually you're just ********. It's obvious the question is being asked because this is a big release from sony, and with the release of their very strong console it's absolutely possible to see this. Especially since the maker of the game also made the console.

Some people. Really.

Also inb4 rage about how bad it would have been. Idc, it's not relevant. It's not a dumb question, it's actually so complex that you didn't understand it.

Which makes you dumb

Oh the irony
    • Up x 2
  11. iller

lol it might as well.... Then they can get rid of all these pesky "Tactical options" and extra buttons they put into the game that don't do crap anyway when it's so much easier to just rush rush rush and win win win with bullet hoses & tank parades. You could do that crap with an Atari controller as long as the Console's Processor costs $500 or whatever the hell the PS3 first shipped for...
  12. VexTheRaven

The only rage I see is you, lol.
  13. TheEvilBlight

PS4 is still theoretically better than a lot of the machines people are trying to get PS2 running on. It's probably better than my laptop, for starters.
    • Up x 1
  14. aedn

Most likely. i expect were just beta testing for the PS4, since it will be required to run the game. Graphics might have to be scaled back, but SOE would be fools to ignore the PS market.
  15. TintaBux

But the difference is for consoles the optimization is based on one system only. Developers can focus on making the game run as flawless as possible in terms of optimization on consoles. With PC's there is so many systems and variables it's often impossible to get it right for everyone. On top of that consoles are designed to make the most of what hardware they got, and games usually run perfectly fine as they are perfectly optimized for one system only, and thus users don't usually suffer performance problems.
  16. Fox234

YAY! I can't wait to have a console version with built in aim assist complete with screaming 13 year olds.
    • Up x 1
  17. Grotpar

I'm all for it.

I mean, who doesn't like playing against a ton of players who take 5 hours to turn around or aim at your head?
    Easy kills, man.

I'm not serious.
    Just no.
  18. iller

• Up x 1
  19. Egonieser

Consoles use peer 2 peer lobby system and can't support large scale MMO's.
    Problem isn't in its specs but connection system consoles use.
  20. AsmodeusZ28

It's not the console that does that, it's the games. Some do use dedicated servers.
    Consoles use the exact same 'connection system' as PCs.