VS pops since patch.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wellknown, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Turelle

Most of the day on Mallory the global population is around 20-25% VS and goes between 35-40% TR, NC seems to be pretty stable around 30-35% though. The lower the VS pop goes, the higher the TR goes.

It evens out in the evening a little, but we're still at a 10-15% population disadvantage to the other 2 factions at best.
  2. TheShrapnelKing

Now you know how Waterson NC felt before. And by "before", I mean, before the patch and the Indar lock. Always outnumbered, always fighting the Alamo. It's interesting now, after months of that, to get this new boost of, I don't know what to call it - energy? Competence? We're not on the backpedal as much anymore. Now it feels like we're beating on the TR, not the other way around.

Just do what we did: if you can't win the battlefield, just develop your esprit de corps - be proud of your faction and it's players, and rejoice in the small victories over the overwhelming enemy force. You'll feel better about things.
    • Up x 2
  3. Saintlycow

Thanks for the tips. Maybe a /friend ingame? :)

Before the patch, it really felt like it was TR destroying everyone, but at least we had a change. You guys (NC) has the crap gate, but at least your pops weren't quite as bad as ours. Now days, I really don't care about Indar. I can get a better fight on Esamir or Amerish, simply because I'm not outnumbered 4 to 1.

I've definitively taken to using my flash more. So much fun, and I don't have to worry about zergs. Just attack "enemies detected" zones.

The game's in a sad state. It's zerg or be zerged, and not much inbetween.
  4. Pouk3D

Right now Miller seemed stabilized to 30-something for each.
  5. riker

its funny that the whiny little jerk NCs and TRs didnt realize this before, now they have to deal with the morons
  6. DeadOnArrival

Perhaps its that mystical thing called "a job" that we have to go to in the morning. ;)
  7. Kortez12

I rolled VS when the game launched because I knew purely due to the asthetic that the VS would be the low population faction. The perception that they had the best gear has skewed this for the last couple months however. I think what this is is just what was always going to happen. The fourth faction I think is moving onto TR mostly and some to NC. Just due to a perception that is really probabally not even true in the first place.

I think we are all much better off without them. It will teach you to be a better player and it's likely you will have less dumb teammates.
  8. ChickenCurrys

Same **** on woodmen, so annoying.
  9. that_darn_lurker

I'm a VS player on Helios. Some days the server seems well balanced, but it seems a noticeable chunk of VS have abandoned Indar. I'm thinking of doing the same, hoping that the game will become fun again( the last time I had fun was when I rammed my magrider into an EXE sunderer a few nights ago, killing it and myself), because the Indar SE sucks *** in so many ways, but especially for Magriders. The Magriders strengths on the open plains and highlands become a liability in those canyons.

But Mags aren't the only reason I'm not having fun anymore. Its hard to put my finger on any one thing. Some of it is on me, and some of it are the changes SOE made to the game and just game mechanics in general. The bottom line is the game isn't fun.
  10. Scorponok

just give VS a 25% damage overall buff on their weapons and their population will stabilize with the rest...
  11. Doktor Fink

Us VS on Connery will not be deterred by this "perception" that we are underpowered. We are the superior faction because ours are the smartest, brightest, and most skilled group of people you will ever meet. The light of Vanu will smile upon you. Templars will always fight back, and we will crush any who stand in our way. Join me, Vanu, and we will fight for victory!
  12. Doodles89

This all started from the same 12 year olds that cried nerf AA and give us lock-on missiles.

There was a misconception that VS weapons were the best cause they're lasers that go pew pew.... VS weapons were always balanced. I think VS's thing was accuracy? But considering most infantry fights are close range, high burst damage (NC) and higher clip size (TR) wins out in close range. You dont really have to try to aim when you're literally bunnyhopping on top of each other mid-shootout.

With all these buffs to the other factions and no love for the VS, VS is now underpowered indirectly.

The pendulum of balance will rear its ugly had back into VS's favor in a month when the VS pop drops so low it's clear they need help attracting players. (who will inevitably be 4th faction -_- )

...also the magrider sucks a lot now :). Lowest DPS, Lowest speed, Lowest armor (same as prowler armor), and strafe performance that when fully certed is as slow as the old default strafe, and when strafe is used it instantly hits the brakes or something and drops you 10kph (this is AFTER the fix, where you used to drop you way more) which cause that hill climb you tried to build up speed for to be negated.

Considering Mag's already have the lowest in DPS,speed, and armor (the three archetypal MMO unit stats) couldnt they have left the mag's ability to get to places other tanks couldnt? :/
  13. serith78

Vanu do seem to lack a meaningful advantage in term of weapons, and aren't really "in the middle" compared to TR/NC due to low magazine sizes. But I think that outfit organizational level and inter-outfit co-ordination of an empire on a given server is just as large a factor as weapon balance, perhaps a larger factor. The meta-game in PS2 isn't really established yet...compared to PS1 there's fewer areas where a small, skilled squad can make a huge impact. Empires where there's one or two large, organized outfits or a solid alliance of smaller ones that can rally large forces together seem to be doing far better in terms of player population. I beleive this is the reason why Vanu is holding out better on Mattherson then they are on Connery, good players in both groups but seems to be way more co-ordination between vanu outfits on Mattherson along with larger outfits like AT and GOTR.

Weapon imbalances and perceived FOTM empires will come and go through the life of the game. The quality of leadership and level of outfit co-ordination in a given empire tends to be more consistent over time and can help mitigate the impact of short term balance changes. I think a focus on developing experienced squad, outfit and command level leadership across the board is vital in the long run for the success of PS2. Aside from deepening the meta-game, how to go about this is the topic of another post. Main point I want to make here is that the impact of under-developed empire leadership is being overlooked and obscured by the continual debate over empire weapon balance.
  14. Azzazal

maybe the pops are low for vanu as we are educated enough to get that this game is dead?

Sorry, back to bf3 for me, there is no point in playing a game that is simply a zerg over 3 small bases.

I much prefer the NUMEROUS maps in bf3, the great graphics and the ability to blow up buildings.

Was a wild card this, pity it should have folded.
  15. Jack_Frost

Woodman is in a sad state atm :( Too many VS joined TR after the lolraider bugfix, resulting in this.. Needless to say, only Indar is worth fighing in.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  16. TheShrapnelKing

You're doing better than the NC it would appear. From those screenshots, the NC on there suck.
  17. Ztiller

Mallory is dropping aswell. We are getting steamrolled from both NC and TR. We simply don't have enough people to fight back.
  18. VoidMagic

Pop drop on Matherson is huge for VS.
    Devistated my outfits armor and air divisions.
    GG
  19. Aghar30

ah yes back to the ps1 days 40/40/20.
  20. r1stormrider

seems like the VS had a bunch of fair weather players and join-to-win fools. magriders got put into line, TR/NC tanks got buffed, and now their pops drop. that is also amplified by the fact that the warpgates have been rotated as well, so now you guys are stuck in the canyon of tears where we were. feels good dont it? we put up with that ever since beta, we were stuck in that warpgate for at least 4 months.