As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Shanther

I'm running and i7 920 that isn't overlocked at all. And I am having the same issue as everyone else. People and vehicles rubber banding around the screen. Flying Sundys are scary....
  2. st0nefred

As of today my "warping" problems have returned. The game is now once again completely unplayable.
  3. Revanmug

4 more days and we are going to hit the 2 weeks achievement!

I'm still hoping it doesn't take more than a month to fix this.
  4. Ssential

Same problem here.

Game is fine for 15-30 minutes, then it gets worse and worse. Vehicles, especially aircraft warping all over the place, infantry as well. Then the screen starts to blink. Critical moment, either it crashes or goes back to normal / warping.

Disabled EPU-6 to no avail, have yet to test disabling speedstep though. I'm going to do that tomorrow and will report back.

Spec:
    i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
  5. RedRuM85

this may of been asked/mentioned before so sorry if it has... but here's my 2c !!

when you are getting the desync/jittering/0 hit detection... alt tab out and test your ping... my internet is far from the best, but i've never had this problem before recent patches... usually i get a ping to google (8.8.8.8) of 30ms with a speed test at 600kb up and 4mb down (bytes not bits), during the "issues" i ran a speed test i got 20kb up and 2mb down, ping was anything between 500ms and 1500ms... reset router, relogged, fixed for a while, speed tests and ping are normal, get the issue again and repeat tests with same results, i've managed to replicate this at least a dozen times this last week! can it be coincidence?

so i got a bandwidth monitor and guess what! PS2 is chewing through so much data my internet is grinding to a halt!

TL;DR ps2 is chewing up your bandwidth causing the desync/crash, please alt tab during desync, do a speed/ping test and post results if you have same findings, could just be me though?!
  6. Ratty32

This made my game playable
    • Up x 1
  7. BenYeeHua

For how long?
  8. BigBlackenstein

So one more day until I finally call it quits on PS2. Not that SOE will really care about losing one whole customer. Besides, knowing my luck, a fix will come out that just fixes it for the ASUS/i7 users. We AMD people don't mean jack all. Good luck Sony, I eagerly await your move on this situation.
  9. BigBlackenstein

I can't edit, but I apologize for my post before this one. It was an emotional one, not a rational one. I'm going to be patient and continue my support to codeForge and SOE in finding a fix. Every second and penny counts, so I'll give all that I can.
  10. BEcka

Haha lol dude you have every right to be mad, they promised us a Performance Improvement in the January Patch and we got a February patch that made the game unplayable for 40-50% of the player base (10 minute play then crash), and the ones that CAN play have to deal with the invisible warpers killing them.

This is what happened to me (as you can see, they CAN'T see me, went on a 30 kill streak then crashed) i don't enjoy playing like this. I prefer being visible and actually playing like a normal person, not playing for 10 minutes like a "cheater" then crashing due to the useless patch
    • Up x 1
  11. TheEvilFox

Afer fiddling around in the bios with the powersave settings and whatnot, the problem still persists for me. Running out of things to do at my end, seriously.

Specs:
    MB: Asus P7P55D LE
    GPU: Ati Radeon 7850
    RAM: 4Gb Corsair
    CPU: Intel i5 750 2,67GHz
  12. oOCKYOo

Ive had this issue for ages even before that patch and nailed it down to a lack of bandwidth as Ive encountered people with far lower specs that my rig that play it perfectly fine.

Post your connection up and down speeds here as well.

Another thing to do to confirm my theorey would be:

- When in this state, see if entering vehicles are delayed as well as using terminals, turrets and anything else
    - See if it acts the same way during small engagements or quiet areas

I honestly think planetside just sucks up bandwidth a lot more than any other FPS out there due the scale and with the new render distance added recently it will only get worse.

Most of the vids in this thread, the game seems to be running smoothly, the information flowing between client and server seems to be the problem.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ssential

I can confirm this one. Also repairing feels very sluggish / delayed.

Speed test of my network:
    Up: 747 kbit/s (93kByte/s)
    Down: 13'796 kbit/s (1724 kByte/s)
    Ping: 48 ms

93kByte/s upload should suffice right? At least I never had problems playing other games. The only thing I can think of that could be a problem network-wise is the router. I'm going to try portforwarding...
  14. Bloodlet

So hotfix today...and no mention in patch notes of a fix for this problem. Grrrr
  15. BEcka

OFC, how much you wanna bet this fourth hotfix STILL doesn't fix the game for us, the January performance increase patch launched in February bugged the game to unplayable levels and 3 (today will be the 4th) hotfixes still haven't fixed what GU2 broke.

40-50% of the people experience warping and about 30-40% completely crash once every 10-30 minutes, THIS IS GAME BREAKING, take back your advanced spawn buildings and your tower shields and give me back my 40 FPS minimum (135 FPS max) and no crashes and no warping and no invisible people killing me and no world flashing in and out of existence.

I have both a very strong PC and internet connection and i want to be able to play this game that i love so much (and can't play now, more than 10 minutes of GOD MODE where i go 30-0 no one can see me then crash not responding)
  16. Xbishop19

This problem is indeed frustrating.

But last Sunday I installed cFosSpeed on my rig and since then, the game never crashed again.
  17. BEcka

I am here to confirm new Hotfix fixed NOTHING in regards of the Warping and Crashes every 10 minutes. Thanks so much SOE for teasing me, making me love the game then launching GU2 (performance improvement) making it impossible for me to play it
  18. sapilos

Problem still exists:Confirmed.I think now has and a bit problem with the render of enemies when they are too many.15 days and counting to unsub and stop play.
  19. Ssential

I've portfowarded the ports as described in the sticky thread.
    This seems to have resolved the problem, no warping anymore after doing that.
    If you got a router you might want to check that.
  20. Arkha3

I'm going to investigate more onto internet connections. My net is fine, but it's worth looking into while we (patiently) wait.
    Gonna try cForSpeed and port forwarding and see how it works. I don't expect it to actually work since cpu constantly adjusting makes the most sense.