Dev team now has to work on a Sunday

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FXRiot, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DiedTrying

I don't get the reference
  2. Cl1mh4224rd

This is true enough, but I refuse to accept that the devs choosing their lifestyle entitles others to verbally abuse them over every little problem.
  3. Tatwi

Get it right the first time, don't set goals you can't meet, and test things thoroughly before using them in a production environment. I can only imagine what would happen if this quality of production was applied to other industries, like hard drives or medicine or even food service.

Am not insulting anyone here, I am simply genuinely shocked by the poor quality of SOE products. You're not calling it a beta anymore, please stop treating it like it is one.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bobby Shaftoe

You don't think this is somewhat indicative of the problems with the game when breaking it makes it more enjoyable.
  5. Inverness

It's their fault for rushing a gigantic patch out on a Friday and not having a test server to identify bugs.

Here is what they should have done:
    1. Spend January developing the update
    2. Release the update onto the test server the first week of February
    3. Once it has been tested and bugs fixed, release it onto the main servers ideally on the Monday of the second week of February.
  6. Zoner

They just need to stick a 'Days since tank cannons broke' sign in the programmers office that did this.
  7. subz3r01337

dat
    dat hostility
  8. Katana

if i recall, one of them went on a 3 week holiday during the games launch...
    Gold.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Wrong.

You release a product, you ask for it. You take money for it, you deserve it.

People who make free Mods with no pay for all their work get criticized. Its the nature of the business, and the nature of society. Its also reality. Release a product, you get praise, criticism, or both. THATS THAT.
  10. Nocturnal7x

Waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaa QQ. No one asked them to release the patch on a saturday, they should have waited till monday/tuesday. Cry about it.
  11. OSUSentinel

Selfish little fella arnt ya
  12. BOOKEN

Hmm let's see who is hurt worse here...

The devs who clearly did this to themselves.

OR

The players who have spent the money on this game to make this all possible.
  13. HannaDest

Yeah that happens if you run a business 24/7 If they dont want this they need a server weekend closing time ^^
  14. Sarrz

You are a deluded *******. Stop guessing their salary. You have no idea what they make.

In other news: say yes to test servers.
  15. waiora

You must be the kind of person who goes to work, does nothing or the bare minimum and expects a holiday and a raise.
  16. LegioX

Boo Hoooo. I work 3 weekends a month. You guys don't know how good you have it.
  17. Rivenshield

I work in IT. Yeah I do. I'm only glorified support staff and I pull down $40-$50 an hour on contract. Salaried coders earn a helluva lot more.

Kid.
  18. Kastrenzo

I don't know why they didnt just wait until monday to release it
  19. Talizzar

Good luck running a business. They could have done as you suggested and nobody would be waiting anymore, thus no more SC sales thus the game fails. Congrats. You win...er lose.
  20. VexTheRaven

If they had spent 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes!) testing the patch, they wouldn't have to come in on Sunday. If I have to work all weekend to ensure my project is completed properly and users can come in to work on Monday and do their job, then I damn well will. And I'll take pride in it, which is clearly more than SOE's team can say for their work.