What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Aliasse

My flash getting run over by a lightning :|
  2. SilentSalvo

Here's one I see every day. Under attack by mass armor and 50% or more of your teammates are Infiltrators. Taking potshots at tanks. They aren't killing anybody. They're just shooting for the sake of shooting I guess.
  3. ovakin

What I usually do it's hack the terminal, then destroy it, perfectly block enemies from spawning vehicles until the base flip. Especially when I play with my outfit who prefer infantry combat, which can be crapped on by tanks and Liberators.
    People who whine about destroyed terminals, snck it.
    • Up x 1
  4. LittleDi

Derping on the exploding generators.
  5. DoradusGenudine

number one thing is tk me because they havent figured out the game has camo yet. that drives me crazy.
  6. ErrdayHetzering

#1. Cheaters. Especially the ones that still ******* play, but maybe not as obvious as before (no more speedhacking, only the occasional aimbot spree.)

#2. Infiltrators. Seriously these guys are blind as hell, definately the class i accidentaly run over the most in my tank. They never hack terminals or turrets even in huge zergs of 200 plus men, terminals usualy gets blown up by theire magshots instead. As a stealth class they gather in numbers, chilling alongside the fellow sniper spamming Q to let the whole world know where they are. (this is however a semi-good thing though as it happens on all sides and often you find a whole bunch sitting together just waiting to give you those free certs.)

#3. Never ever repair a vehicle from behind, you will die when a wild sniperider appears and backing is needed to repair.

#4. Bad placed sunderers when we have a tank column roling in as support. (hint: the big rock north of broken arch road leading to crossroads.) Hate to see columns come to a stop because noone dares to push forward, all it takes is a few to roll up and the lemmings will follow.

#Honorable mentions: Friendly fire from AA turrets and running in front of spawn room doors..
  7. Juni

What do noobs do that annoy me?
    They shoot at teammates for "fun" and stand infront of you because your spot is better than theirs... Of course, my tolerance for this kind of stuff is very low and I usually just end up shooting them when they annoy me like this.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bloodlet

I won't mention people who spam voice chat or anything because they get off on that sort of complaint and it's easy enough to mute them. Most of the things that annoy me are learn to play issues:

1. I'm an Engineer making my way to a destroyed generator to repair. I take fire and take damage but kill the enemy before he gets me. A medic begins to follow and heal me on the way. I step into the generator room and die to a mine. The medic lives. Instead of reviving me the medic just runs away.

2. I'm an engineer repairing a max. he keeps running around spasticly making it hard to repair and having people block line of sight slowing the repair. On the same not, I am an engineer repairing a max in a room. He stands still looking at me instead of covering the entrence to the room. Enemies storm in and kill us both.

3. I am in position at a spawn room or Bio Lab teleporter room shooting out the shielded door. Some fool comes and stands in front of me and dies to my bullets in the back. Not learning his lesson he keeps doing it every time he respawns. Sometimes I stop in time but not always.

4. I am an engineer. I mine two entrances to a generator or cap point room. Some other person mines the space in between my two mines. And enemy sets off one mine and it daisy chain explodes the whole room.

5. I place an ammo pack down on one section of a firing line. to cover 3-4 people our of maybe 15 along a ridge. Some other engineer comes along and plunks down ammo right next to mine instead of placing it somewhere that doesn't already have ammo coverage.

6. My have a continent population advantage of 20-30% over the next highest pop faction. We're busy trying to take a base from that enemy usually at some stupid bio farm. Meanwhile the 3rd low pop faction with single digit continent population ghost caps large swaths of territory because nobody but me can look at a map and try to respond to the attacks.

7. Stupid sunderer placements too far away from an objective where it is feasible to place it closer. Or placing an AMS very very close to enemy spawns without mineguard (hint: you will die).

8. Redeploying and not seeing a single allied sunderer deployed anywhere on a continent.

9. Deploying an AMS next to a key enemy base or attack point with allies known to be in the area. Advertising in /re about your great spawnpoint to finish off the enemy once and for all. Getting 1 person to spawn before the enemy finally gets you after 5 minutes.

10. Being the almost the only person using /re to relay information about enemy positions.

11. Seeing people stand around shooting walls waiting for a base to cap instead of covering enemy approach points.

12. Thinking I got behind cover from enemy fire but apparently dying to one last bullet that turned the corner to get me.

13. Having our faction own two Bio labs and be busy farming both and losing our only Tech plant to a small enemy force. Hope you like lightning tanks!
    • Up x 2
  9. Crywalker

Nah, the noob is who moves forward only to immediately get destroyed by infantry rather than keeping their AA and AV down with the other tanks until the base is ready to be taken. There are situations where it's best to move forward(with an outfit that'll move in quickly in a coordinated manner), and situations where you don't screw your own faction over for no good reason(when you're with the mindless zerg, no one is going to follow you when you push forward).

This also usually happens on an easily bypass-able hill, if they want to push forward and lose their tank they can do it without forcing someone else to lose theirs with them. 4-5 tanks in front of the crown at crossroads hill for the most common example - those 4-5 tanks aren't going to manage a push even if 4-5 more try to join behind them. You're a noob or a jerk if you get force other tanks off or prevent their retreat behind.
  10. OldMaster

Throwing grenades where they shouldn't...
  11. Replay

My example is strictly bottleneck situations. If you are complaining about people blocking you off in a bottleneck, then my answer stands, as that guy behind you has a guy behind him etc. You can prove this by trying to hit reverse at a busy but nearly stationary freeway on ramp, see how far that gets you.
  12. Mefi

1. They are destroying my Flash with 75m radar just for fun while our base is besieged.
    2. They are standing in front of me when I'm trying to block entrance with my Lasher. I'm shooting for a while already and then I suddenly damage a noob, myself and few other allies.
    3. What all tank and sunderer users are saying to people that they run over? "Stay away from roads!" But if you're playing as VS then expect runovers on roads, near roads, far away from roads and even on hills and cliffs!
    4. They shoot shiny and bright VS rocket when I'm at great sniping position.
    5. They are annoyed that I'm placing my ammo pack near their. I have fully certed ammo pack and it covers much more area for much longer time!
    6. They're leaving gunner seats with 1 ammo in clip and when you need to protect sunderer you're waiting for reloading.

But noobs less annoying than experienced players that know about things like turrets on jumppads landing area, c4/claymore exploit, players who lock magrider because they want to snipe with Saron... and players who ruined game for months for all of us with their rocketpods and dalton/zepher!
  13. Amarutu

Things that annoy me when dealing with noobs:
    1. TK me because they think I "stole" their kill. If someone "steals" my kill I say thank you. (we're the same faction you and I)
    2. Wait for me to almost destroy an empty turret, then steal my points. Again and again. "wow this guy is really nice" :mad:
    3. Watch me fight an enemy in CQC and kill us both with their vehicle weapon. "thank you for spotting him for me?" o_O
    4. Friendlies shooting me for fun and then rage on chat cause I TK them. "why? I was just playing around!"
    5. Engineers not deploying their ammo pack and show me their mines. "I'm sorry, my fault, I'm sorry"
    6. Having 0 situational awareness and ramming me 24/7. "There is no one more important then me"
    7. Thinking they can just steal my camping spot. "This guy is killing, let me stand in front of him"
    8. Driving off after I'm done fixing them. "Cool I'm fixed up, now I can drive to the next point"
    9. Running in front of my mana turret. "If I move over here I will have a belly machine gun!"
    To be fair, we were all noobs once and I have to say I was guilty at doing number 3, 6, 8 and 9. :oops:
  14. Mustakrakish

1. Not upgrading their medic tool or repair tool.
    2. Playing an Engineer and not dropping ammo boxes.
    3. Playing a Medic and not using the healing aura.
    4. Trying to throw grenades out through shield doors.
    5. Running down the middle of roads instead of sticking to the sides, where it's harder for friendly vehicles to accidentally run them over. It's a road, not a pedestrian walkway!
    6. Opening fire with the turrets on a Sunderer or Galaxy before the enemy has spotted you, giving away your position to everyone.
    • Up x 2
  15. Flix

Besides many others mainly those 3: SPOTTING me befor shooting me. Out of 10 cases that works 0 times. I ALWAYS kill them right out even if i have to turn around 180°. Why do they spot me if they going to kill me anyway?!
    Shooting the already primed generator...i often tend to shoot them because i get the TK`s anyway and that way i have a relaxed feeling in addition to that.
    And last but not least. Getting run over by a vehicle that could CLEARLY see me and evade/ brake while i didnt see them AND shooting in my back because they use me as cover.

Ah jeah...one more. Flyboyz and tankers sitting in their ****IGN VEHICLES while i`m the only one capping...of 9 ppl that could speed up the prozess...do those guys love to waste their time or what? And what happens next? They got blown up by a lone engi on at a time. So they didnt even provide cover. They just waitet for the exp-tick.
  16. RocketKhruschev

New players who hug the spawn room are the main issue in many games. Also, lemmings who run into open terrain that's being continually bombarded by ESF or tanks repeatedly

But there are a lot of people who are above level ten who act even more stupidly. And often battles end up benefiting from people who feed the meat grinder while others cap the point.
  17. mina5

Noobs who don't know how to play : Looking at NC players on forums ....
  18. Zorro

Getting killed by them. There is nothing more annoying, insulting, and humiliating than getting killed by a new recruit after one has put hours into the game.
  19. wobblyone

People standing in front of my deployed Mana turret, moaning I have shot them, then calling me a noob:rolleyes:
  20. PaladinZERO

Shoot tanks with guns. A tank could be driving by, not seeing the inf off to the side, when a noob starts shooting it with his gun. Tank stops and then kills all the inf.