Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Tweakz

Any updates on the FPS/Bottleneck/Optimize issues? I´m to tired to patch the game and give a shot since i did that now several times. Sadly still the same Problems since closed beta as it looks like. Can someone give a short update whats happening? Thank you!
  2. RedArmy

upon inspection of every card within that matrix, my GT610 still exedes the cards listed in yellow, and some in green for all specifications, DDR3, clock speed 800+ and even on the nvidia website comparing example the GT610 vs the GT440, mine wins on ALL aspects, as it also met, and beat many other cards on the lists. so how is downgrading to a lower quality card, both proccessing and chipset wise not meeting min requirements..... Comparison used google reviews, and specs from ebay.
    and how come it only started this week, and worked absolutly perfect before? even in both beta, and heavy fire/tank colums up untill the last hotfix(prior to 01/22 hotfix)
    something doesnt make sence in the logic at which cards are rated for requirments. 1gb ddr3 clocked at the same speeds using the same type of ram, the same specifications - doesnt make sence.
    something clearly happened durring that period to make it less effective on PS2. the fualt is not w/ my card and therefore must be with your software as a change made recently. i want this issue resolved or rolled back to where it was, or i'd like to speak w/ a supervisor
  3. H@buster

@RedArmy

A GT440 is more than 2x as fast as your card.
    There are things other than clock speed that factor into the performance of a card. And while they may be at the same clock speed, the GT440 is better than the GT610 because

a) Memory bus is twice as wide, making for 2x the bandwidth
    b) Twice the amount of shaders, making for 2x the raw power

And btw, GDDR3 is not the same as DDR3, the former is WAY faster.

Inform yourself better next time.
  4. Donkeyball

5. Kandowdelta

just a question..i keep getting booted and it says that "planetside2 exe longer responding"....does this have to do with framerate...and is there a key to show the framerate while in game?
  6. Dragam

That issue could arrise from many things... my first thought is perhaps lack of ram.

To see your fps, just press alt + f
  7. Legitsu

coming up on 3 months here people wheres that 'massive' fix we we promised so far all we have gotten is a few spot-welds
    I haven't logged in since dec and don't intend to untill we get that-update-we-where-promised-that-was-gonna-squash-all-the-semi-game-breaking-annoyances-
  8. Dragam

Honestly, the fps is worse than at the start, if anything.
    • Up x 2
  9. Cookiepiledriver

I am convinced they're incapable of any kind of optimization, since they've either put the people in charge of the engine on other projects, or they have moved on to other opportunities (i.e. they were temps).
  10. scar413

That is not true. They've made hugh progress over the last 6 month's. Optimization is not something you work on for a few weeks/months and "patch" it, it's a task that always will be worked on. Forgelight is a brand new engine that still needs work, and that is ok on totally normal. Frostbyte toke 6-7 years to be like what it is today. Cryengine 10 years. Give them time... they made gigantic steps since tech test... and there are more coming.
  11. Omally

No they really haven't.
    • Up x 2
  12. scar413

Well, sorry to hear that you don't see a difference. But acting like they do nothing is just ignorant.
  13. Wreaper

Good day everyone! =\ I know about gaming optimization or smth like this. But i dunno where to write my HATE LETTER about 1 fact! =\ Server Mallory. Once upon a time (i mean right now), there's a strange balance conflict explored. 1 Sunderer can ride over tanks and platoon without any scratch. AkumaKiso - his name. I think this is not a cheat or else kind of this. I think it's proper player but - Sunderer (tuned up max) can stand against 3 mag tanks with tunes + about squad of missile launchers with autoaim missiles and bunch of MAXes. Then it goes around the tree and his 15% of armor being almost 90 in 3-5 seconds. My thoughts are about fixin nano-armory. It's really strange when a whole platoon (about 20-50 lvls) get killed by 1 sunderer (of 48lvl). He was like a pincushion with missiles and he get repaired from 10%-15% to 90%-100% in just 3-4 seconds in action without stopping.

MB i'm wrong but this is kinda wierd =\ Mb it causes some disballance?
  14. Dragam

This is a GAMEPLAY suggestion you came with, and you decided to post it in the technical forum optimization thread, rather than gameplay forum... /facepalm at you.
  15. Kinigos

tbh i would be happy if it can stay 35 and 45-50 in huge fights and not drop below 35.Playing an Fps game with 20-25 fps and even less than that,is impossible and is taking the fun out of the game.

We will have to see what the god patch does at the end of this month,but the i cant find anything on those performance fixes for cpu bottlenecks and such so yeah i wont be playing as much if thats the case.
  16. Xavstar

I have an older laptop that has a dual core AMD Athlon, Nvidia 8200M graphics card and 4GB RAM. I know it can't run the latest games fast enough but I tried PS2 and Counterstrike Global Offensive on it out of curiosity. PS2 at absolute lowest settings, which looks like a big messy blur of pixels, gave about 2 fps at a warp gate spawn with very few players on a EU server late at night. CS:GO at lowest settings does not look that bad, like a console fps, gave about 22 fps. The impression I derived is that PS2 from the get go is an fps\mmo engine that is like a big lorry - it is built to carry huge areas with a huge amount of other players, vehicles in the continent maps. Whereas CS:GO is far more like a small sportscar as it does not expect to handle hundreds of players on huge maps. And PS2 like PS1 seems to process players, action that though not in visible view are nearby. Which is not what regular FPS's seem to do.

Well that's my amateur impression which is why I think PS2 can't be optimized to an extent where it can give fps comparable to BF3 with the same hardware.
  17. MisterHRS

When will the game update that is supposed to optimize the game a bit more be released? It is stated that it will be at the end of January, though we are still waiting.
  18. Hatamoto

The big performance patch was due for january, but then it was not mentioned anymore and replaced with something else ... no one said anything and neither did SOE. Everyone smiled and took yoga classes together.
  19. Paisho

I'm always CPU limited in my fps, but when I look at my CPU usage I sit at around 20%. There must be a way to better optimize this so that my whole CPU is being used. I'm running an i7 2.8ghz
  20. Donkeyball

It better be this month, I'm not spending a cent on this game until my performance is up to acceptable levels.