Enough is Enough! How much $ have you dumped into this "F2P" game that isn't playable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fed up, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Deschain

@psystorm, you could set floraQuaility=0 and gain 10fps and only lose the little plants on the floor nobody notices. setting ShadowQuility=0 can gain you as much as 30fps.
    • Up x 1
  2. BenYeeHua

Thank for telling me that, and @psystorm.
    Setting RenderDistance=1500 or 2000 will also increase the FPS.:)
    • Up x 1
  3. Munq

And this is why devs don't usually respond to threads. You have people like crissHill immediately attacking your post when you offer some intrigue and questions about the problems. It is EXACTLY for this reason people who have jobs prefer to have bugs reported via ticket system.

"I'm a customer and I'm entitled to complain" is ******* horrible attitude when you try to fix problems. Criss has provided no new information other than he seems to be extremely upset. That doesn't really help in solving problems.

I'm actually surprised someone replied to this ridiculous thread where OP provides no information but exaggeration and empty threats. Good luck with your lawsuit. Also where can you get doctors degree for a thousand dollars? I sure hope I never end up sick or injured in your country. Doctors education for thousand dollars most likely brings incompetent doctors.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hyperzone

I'm not sure you're getting it. It may not necessarily have to do with urges satisfying a superiority complex. I haven't thought about what you're saying myself... but thinking about it now, didn't they say they mostly spent it on vanity items?

Now what does that tell us? :)
  5. manfromh

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones. The biggest issue I have had with this game was low framerates due to my subpar GPU. Turning off shadows has given me playable framerate everywhere except huge battles.

Crashing has never been a big issue for me. There were few days in beta where I crashed about once per hour, but that disappeared after a hotfix (it started with a hotfix a few days earlier). In late beta, changing the render quality or resolution caused an instant crash, but that was fixed when the game launched.

I have only seen a few hackers. Maybe there aren't as many of them in EU servers, or maybe I simply haven't played enough.

About paying $200 for a F2P game. That's kind of the point. 'Free' pulls people in. A lot of them are going to spend at least a few dollars and plenty of them are going to pay way more than the avarage one-off price ($60?) for most AAA games. I have payed $40 myself during double/triple SC deals.

Even the thought of suing a company because you made a decision to spend money on their product (which can be played for free) is just silly.

PS2 is the only game that has gotten me completely hooked within the last 10 years or so.
  6. SharpLight

First thank you for your response. Second I know how hard it is to develop for the PC and I am not one to whine about crashes. Third I know how hard testing could be, I used to develop web applications and once we had a bug because a program used by a plugin in the framework upon which our web app was built had a minor version difference between the development and production machine.

My ping is about 130-180ms, this has to do with my connection, and the game runs fine at that (except of course I am at a disadvantage in every CQC, but that's another issue) it is the spikes above that (or temporary time-out) that starts to cause problems.

I have one request: please add a ping indicator and a network problems warning; I am playing games from small developers that are still in closed beta and they have special icons for that, I think Sony can at least have a written warning flashing on the screen.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dasmasterneko

I have spent a sum total of 39.99 dollars for alpha squad. Nothing more nothing less. My computer was already more then capable of running the game since im a computer gamer.
  8. Seqea

What about tripple loading screens on friday night ops? Even random crashes on live stream? Let's blame the moon phase.
    • Up x 1
  9. BenYeeHua

Yes, I has higher delay than you (2xx ms) but it is stable, I can downloading 90% of full speed while playing it without problem.
    Except my family start using internet and making some packet delay, and this game will start freeze sometime after the internet return normal as the packet is mix together, that why we love packet loss sometimes.

And yes, develop for PC is hard, if you are using other software that will hijack dll into the program, it will crash as the program don't design for using that dll, and difference version of dll will also causing malfunction.

I hope this game will show the delay as other online game also showing it, and hope they fix the HUD problem, just moving the mouse when open the map will increase the rendering time of FPS...
  10. Angelos Sanguinum

Bye. Can we have your assets ?

He lag, glitch and freezing because head and hands are not buyable. hehehe :]
  11. Tanelorn

I was wise enough to consult these forums to plan my purchases ($$$ and certs spending) i really just bought an xp boost and rolled with my outfit. Now i have a well equipped sundy and engineer. I make good xp capping points and supporting troops with my platoon.

This isnt to say that you cant blow alot of cash on the game, but it isn required. I personally think that SOE wants a rediculous amount of $$$ for the new guns, including vhicle guns. 100-200 certs is somewhat reasonable. 1000 certs ain't!!! And i promise you i will never give in to that.
  12. Evel

Sounds like half of your problems is your inability to build a good computer. Your specs are great, but perhaps knowing more about system optimization than plugging in hardware is what you should focus on learning. My system is half as powerful (i5Core, 8GB Memory and 1GB NVIDIA GPU) and I do not have any of the problems you claim to be having.

I've spent $49.98 on this game (two months subscription @ $14.99 and $20 Triple SC offer) and I've got my money's worth of enjoyment.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sworaven

Being a PC gamer has absolutely nothing to do with the way PlanetSide 2 runs. The only thing that matters is the equipment, not if you're a PC gamer or not.
  14. Aggh

Personally, I would have held off a bit on upgrading my PC, but actually wanted to play ps2 and something better than 5 fps is large battles. I doubt I'm the only who had their hand pushed by the ****** optimization of this game.
  15. Sworaven

So let me me get this straight. You're saying that all the crashing, flickering, twitchy gameplay, .. that a lot of people have reported, are our own fault?

I get the screen flickering at least once per evening I play. Sometimes it goes away after a minute or two, sometimes I CTD and sometimes the game freezes and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the game. All these issues and the horrible performance I'm getting, I mean, it just isn't fun anymore.

But hey, guess it's my own stupid fault, right?
  16. RWJP

Aye, but your usage of said upgraded PC is not limited to PS2 is it?

You will use your PC for everything else you do as well, web browsing, other games, work, emails, skype, etc etc etc...

That's like claiming that your ****** job should repay you for the expensive car you bought, even though your usage of the car to go to and from work is only part of it. You'd also use your car to take the kids to school, go to the shops, go on Holiday, move flat-pack furniture, get yourself to the Dentist etc etc etc...

Now don't get me wrong, PS2 has issues that must be fixed, but the OP can't include his PC costs in his estimate, as his PC costs will be spread across many many tasks, not just PS2.
    • Up x 2
  17. hostilechild

Having been around since Everquest you should have know what SOE is like. I sure do. Never trust a word they say and don't expect them to fix things quickly.

But i still put money into it. Really enjoy the game and hope it gets better. $45 well worth the 200hrs i have in the game. Thats less than 25cents per hour. Hell you can't even play a video game at the mall for a few minutes for < 50cents anymore.

So overall the fun has been well worth the $45 dollars and all the annoyances of the game.

By the 6month road map it looks like a huge amount of things that would make the game better from a player perspective are being done.
  18. Fed up

here's some more background:
    The game was running fine before the January 22nd hotfix. Whatever happened during that one, made my play, un-playable with the flickering, twitchiness, lag issues. I installed a SSD drive the same day, so i wasn't sure if that had something to do with it or not, but it was a fresh windows 8 install and fresh ps2 download, updated drivers, for video card, razer drivers for keyboard and mouse, downloaded another directx 11 just in case and that was about it, a day or 2 later theres another hotfix, and even more people complaining about the same type of issues. I put my old hard drive back in that day, did another windows and game install, and the problem wasn't as bad playing on esamir or amerish (in a plane, cqc was impossible with just 1 other person in the hex area), but totally wigged out on indar, especially around the crown and higher population areas. i was getting 150fps still with my system tops, and dropped to 50's or so in high populated areas, most people would love to have over 100 fps, but it's still un-playable with the lag issues... cqc was impossible, was like i was shooting at ghosts, bullets would be going through people, then the game would catch up and I'd be dead from a battle that should have happened 15 seconds ago... planes are herky jerky, skipping and tumbling across the screen, there's a few seconds of delay when trying to use a terminal, trying to overload generators, exiting and entering vehicles, flipping on heavy shields, it's hard to explain, i'll try to make some video or something.

What's frustrating is that the game was more playable on my core2 duo at 12fps the day of release, than what it is today after 2 months of SOE "optimizing" it and my major upgrades where i am getting over 100 fps
  19. TribbleFluffer

Yeah but in this game it does give you an edge, especially if your a nuub to PS2 but not to other FPS games. But i havnt spent any cash on the game yet and if i happen to one day it will most likely be to buy camo or the horn for the sundie or something, not rocket pods or a new rifle.
  20. Aggh

Well tbh most games I could get away with a phenom II and a 670 until haswell, but I just bit the bullet and got 2500k (because at the time people were complaining about heating issues with ivybridge; yes I feel stupid now). It certainly helps in other games and I don't entirely regret it, but it's something I definitely would have held off longer on if PS2 hadn't been virtually unplayable.